Pods and there effectiveness

Yep.

Oiling filters and cleaning up on the competition.

I do it all.

I can gap plugs and tighten chains too.

That alone makes me near black belt status on HQ

Fuck, I must only be a green belt.

I've never gapped any plugs, but I have plugged some gaps.

Fuck, I must only be a green belt.

I've never gapped any plugs, but I have plugged some gaps.

I know you don't.....

But why do you never gap plugs?

Yep.

Oiling filters and cleaning up on the competition.

I do it all.

I can gap plugs and tighten chains too.

That alone makes me near black belt status on HQ

I bet you jet & sync carbs properly as well... ya big fuckin showoff

I bet you jet & sync carbs properly as well... ya big fuckin showoff

Carbs synched perfect with feeler gauges and jetting within a 1/4 turn on the airscrews baby!

Well since you are only doing what you are told......that puts you in the 99%.

Also you have no problem telling people to do what you do and that's just what you were told.

When I offer input I usually offer my opinion and perspective on the topic, with my reasoning why and what I believe it accomplishes, as well as any testing I've done. I'm usually open to input from others because we all have something to contribute. (People are offering filter input and I'm open to all their input)

But even when asked directly you rarely offer your personal tech perspective on a topic.

I find it striking that you often claim I just parrot what others tell me.

Yet your stock answer is often " My builder told me to do it"

I did the math to calculate a motor's airflow needs in the live post that led to this post.

Sprinklerman looked into K&N's specs on filter material flow ability.

Your input?....You have said "My builder told me to" a few times today alone.............Poly.

It's your website! You're not interested in offering those 99% the information that moves the topic forward and educates as well?

Air filters and spark plugs are not on my approved topics to give a shit about, but here's my in depth response.

I run long filters because my bike seems to run good with them, plus I think they look cool.

I run B8ES spark plugs gapped at box spec because my bike runs good with them that way. I also don't own a spark plug gapper so it would be impossible for me to gap them.

And yes, I'm in the 99%. I don't build motors or test them on either of my two imaginary dynoes. Therefore I set up my motors per my motor builder's suggestions based on his many years of building and testing.

And since my stuff runs good and because I win races and am not constantly working on said stuff, people should listen to me.

I hope this response will suffice and help move the topic forward as well as educate.

So I measured a 6"pod. By K&Ns math, it should flow a minimum of 366CFM ...that's EACH. And I didn't even allow for the pleats which will add significantly to the to total filtering surface area.

So take that as you will.

Edit: More reading shows that those flow rates DO include the pleated material. .so you're looking at 366CFM per 6" pod as installed. Measured at 1.5" WC.