new Wiseco 4 mil pistons?

Wiseco didn't release this it was custom made! if you take a stock OEM Banshee piston its a 513 just forged, Wiseco knows nothing about porting, a 795 is the same as a 513 with a 5 mil offset, made for a std. stroke long rod crank! Cam you are not gonna edumicate me on anything, Oh and you should run windowed or cutaway pistons it will run better

if you look at this chart from Yamaha, it shows 1,3 and 2,4 which are stock OEM piston, 1 and 3 similiar to the Banshee, if the motor was to be raced they suggest modifying them like the pic marked 1,2,3,4 as the windowed piston is not the best for performance, and the cutaway is better but in stock form is way to long. This is what Yamaha suggests

good lord..

ok  i understand why wiseco may release a piston like this. most peeps like to build their own motors.  i'm guessing that with the spacer plate setup and all bolt together componets they finally figured out that maybe just maybe they dont run the best.  heck you can even buy a "kit" with a big thick ass head gasket to do it the other way..  so this piston i'm guessing is an attempt to make a 4 mill kit more drop in ready ( not runs the best ready but drop into any existing setup ready)..

i see it as a buy all this and race next weekend..

now most after reading a few pages in this site and maybe some that have decided that the other ways are not the best after getting beat on by a fat guy on a ported 350cc motor decide to have an actual port matched and proper dome profile 4 mill motor built have figured out that the above afermentioned setup is not the best at all.. attempt to edjumicate you on why the drop in maybe dosent work the best but you still decide that its the way to go  thats fine..

oh and also  i dont run window'd 413 pistons in my 535 cheeta either...   it seemd to run pretty good....   some motors need window skirts  some do not  some it dosent really matter that much really.. 

meaning that most full skirted pistons are use in motors with plenty of aux. ports, sometimes it is better to sacrifice a lil power for the strength thats needed on the skirts on a large motor, these pistons are 64-66mm bore and to compare them or the stress put on them as your Cheetah isn't fair, your a bit harder on yours than these will ever see :-)

I'm going to try these... not because I care about the windows in the piston, but because they're new, and leave some room to work the learning curve. I really don't expect them to beat out years of research, and as an end result domes will still need to be cut... but they leave a little room to experiment with. The thing that occurs to me about windows in the piston is; as the solid part of the skirt passes the intake it blocks the flow for a split second. With my limited experience, I'm not certain what that does, but while I work through my first time porting project, I've worked on the "Boyesen Ports" and have made them as large as seems appropriate. I'm still on a learning curve and not claiming what I'm doing is right or ideal... its all for the experience. Oh, and I hope it works out and I'm happy with it!

I'm going to try these... not because I care about the windows in the piston, but because they're new, and leave some room to work the learning curve. I really don't expect them to beat out years of research, and as an end result domes will still need to be cut... but they leave a little room to experiment with. The thing that occurs to me about windows in the piston is; as the solid part of the skirt passes the intake it blocks the flow for a split second. With my limited experience, I'm not certain what that does, but while I work through my first time porting project, I've worked on the "Boyesen Ports" and have made them as large as seems appropriate. I'm still on a learning curve and not claiming what I'm doing is right or ideal... its all for the experience. Oh, and I hope it works out and I'm happy with it!

I like your post up to "beat out years of research" I don't know if your speaking of Yamaha or Wiseco, if its Wiseco they know nothing about porting, all they do is copy an OEM design they forge it use their silicon content their engineers like and give the masses a stronger OEM piston, if its Yamaha its the best they can give the "general public" performance and warranty wise, if you purchase a YZ from Yamaha it will never ever have windows in the piston it uses a cutaway, yet it has the same style cylinder and reed, why because this machine was "designed for closed course racing and has no warranty expressed or implied". To compare the 2 is totally unfair a windowed piston would be down on power alot, we wont even get into full skirts!