Anyone running a steel clutch basket?

I'm I missing something, has Nick designed and built his own a-arms and suspension? He's been running his mouth about a bolt on electronic fuel injection kit for the Banshee for the past five years but I haven't seen anything but a mono pipe with a O2 sensor screwed in the side of the expansion chamber. If I remember correctly he was looking for a shop to machine parts for the Banshee EFI he was attempting. If he knows so much and he's so damn good on a CNC why in the hell is he looking for a shop to machine parts? I haven't seen him do anything but run his mouth.

I wish he'd go to the BHQ Meet, I'd stop and pick him up on my way. I'd love to half track his junk in front of everybody! My old 392 Stock Stroke Serval would have run circles around his Banshee.

What's it going to be Nick? Beat my bike or shut your mouth!

I would like to thank all the help that Angus Kennedy for Kennedy Powersports gave me and allowing me to use his dyno and garage for testing. I would like to thank Anthony Evers for making the manifold and flywheel. I would like to thank RC Engineering for donating the injectors. I would like to thank Gary of GT Stators for making a custom stator for this project.

If your so damn good why are you thanking all these people for making manifolds and flywheels? How many kits have you sold?

You will whip his azz harder than windy whipped spittinjizz.

If that was possible, you could charge admission.  :rotflmao:

And I'm not really keeping track of who's who in this back and forth very well.…..and I'm not sure how we got from Steel clutch baskets to YFZ based front ends…..But I'll say this - The NEW YFZ450R (09 and newer) has a wicked sweet front suspension.

My buddy did the YFZ450R conversion on his 07 Raptor.

He used JD Performance Long Travel aftermarket A-arms MADE to use the long 450R shocks while widening his Raptor to 49.5 inches and now that bike feels 90% as good as an actual YFZ450R.

(He and I both also own 09 YFZ450's, so I'm speaking from experience)

YFZ450 shocks = Junk  :sick:

YFZ450R shocks = Sweetness  :wub:  :clap:  :notworthy:

Steel Clutch baskets = I don't really care. I have full Hinson units in both my Banshees for years and they are still fine. 

Banshee motors are like butt holes…….feel free to stick anything you want in yours  :unsure: ….just don't try talking me or anyone else into doing the same thing with theirs.  :down:

Forgive us for not feeling adventurous.  :shrugani:  :jesterlaugh:

• Like 1

If that was possible, you could charge admission.  :rotflmao:

And I'm not really keeping track of who's who in this back and forth very well.…..and I'm not sure how we got from Steel clutch baskets to YFZ based front ends…..But I'll say this - The NEW YFZ450R (09 and newer) has a wicked sweet front suspension.

My buddy did the YFZ450R conversion on his 07 Raptor.

He used JD Performance Long Travel aftermarket A-arms MADE to use the long 450R shocks while widening his Raptor to 49.5 inches and now that bike feels 90% as good as an actual YFZ450R.

(He and I both also own 09 YFZ450's, so I'm speaking from experience)

YFZ450 shocks = Junk  :sick:

YFZ450R shocks = Sweetness  :wub:  :clap:  :notworthy:

Steel Clutch baskets = I don't really care. I have full Hinson units in both my Banshees for years and they are still fine. 

Banshee motors are like butt holes…….feel free to stick anything you want in yours  :unsure: ….just don't try talking me or anyone else into doing the same thing with theirs.  :down:

Forgive us for not feeling adventurous.  :shrugani:  :jesterlaugh:

Thats what I've been trying to explain to Nick and the others. My Shocks were actually new take offs from a 2011 YFZ-450X. It's the same shock but its a little shorter. They were resprung and revalved by Kevin Groff out of AZ and the A-Arms and Swingarm are both one off and custom made by Metal Tech Fabrication.

I have about $425 Shipped in the X Shocks and the Rear Shock shipped after it was all said and done, and I paid $1,000 Shipped for the A-Arms, HD Tie Rods (powdered OE silver), +3 Roundhouse Heavy Duty Gusseted Swingarm (powdered OE silver), Billet Twin Row Bearing Carrier complete with Pivot Works bearings and seals, and caliper bracket (hard anodized red), and a extended SS braided rear brake line.

So I have $1,425 invested in my entire suspension that's tuned for me and my bike (Not including the SS braided front brake lines that utilize the OEM hard lines and the YFZ-450X spindles, hubs, dual piston brakes, and steering stem flag) if you include those components and shipping I think the total was $1,709.00 if I remember correctly. I don't think thats to bad considering what all I ended up with, plus it's tuned and setup for me.

I've got a long travel gusseted chromoly Banshee frame I designed on a old CAD program I have that uses the stock or aftermarket YFZ-450R/X front suspension components, bumper, grab bar, foot pegs, and rear sub-frame, and uses the Banshee motor, radiator, gas tank, plastic, seat, heal guards, and rear suspension. The wet weight will be about 18lbs lighter if my figures are correct. I would love to put the big motor I'm having built on that frame with a +6 arched latter swingarm and a Elka rear link.