Anyone running a steel clutch basket?

What serval is out that will hit 130hp?

What motor are you building?

What? I'm not building a Serval? I looked into them because I liked the little 392 I had but I wasn't about to spend 8 or 9 thousand dollars on a motor that was plagued with intake issues. If Tyler's telling me the truth his big DM Serval makes around 150 on the Dyno and Sprinkler's got a 421 Serval on Av-Gas with a clean up port and few good bolt on parts that's knocking on 100hp. So I'm sure 130hp on a 14 mil X 72mm Super Serval is possible.

I'm not going to tell you guys exactly what I'm building because as soon as I do a bunch of guys will jump in and start calling it junk just because its mine. When you see it you'll know what it is I won't be able to hide it. I would love to discuss the build on a BHQ Thread and and get input and tell you guys all about it but a bunch will jump in and start dogging it and talk shit about every little component I'm using and start talking bad about my builder who is also a site sponsor so its not even worth it. Discussing it on here will bring negative publicity to a good builder and site sponsor and I don't want to do that.

I've been a member for five years and I've never gotten one positive comment on my Banshee. I understand with the type of riding/racing I do some of the mods I've done don't make since to most of the other members, but I'm not doing the same thing with my Banshee. In my five years as a member I can't think of one negative remark that I've made about another members Banshee, and I don't agree with every mod I see others doing but I don't fire in on them. They are doing what they want to do to suit their riding style.

I hate DWT Blue Label Wheels, I think they are the biggest waste of money and the junkiest wheel ever made because they would last 10 minutes where I ride, I'd have a tire tore completely off the rim. I think painting ATV plastic is one of the stupidest things anyone could ever do! the first time I pulled my bike in out of the woods with painted plastic to power wash it 80% of the paint would be gone! Just buy the color plastic you want and put a graphic kit on it..... But I don't bash the people that run those wheels and have painted plastic because I know their Banshee is strictly a drag/dune quad, they won't bend a wheel on a oak tree or cover their bike in mud so they don't worry about it because they like it and it works for them.

If I even give my opinion or comment on something I have 20 guys firing on me at once. I got banned from the HQ Facebook Page because I said MAXXIS iRAZR's were a good XC and Trail Tire. Some guys even went so far as calling my 8yr old Daughter a whore and a slut and he's a site sponsor.

If I tell you what I'm building their will be 25 pages of guys running me down.

I could see using uplon in a 4 stroke with alcohol...  but using it in a 2 stroke dont make much sense.   that why we mix oil in.

I'm not knocking your choice of parts.  What I'm saying is.  You can use the best of the best parts and you will still have failures.  Ask anyone who has had one for a decent amount of time what kind of failures they've

had and how much "actual run time" the motor had.    The ones I see fail are drag bikes.. and they only run on the throttle for 4 seconds at a time.  Let alone hours in a day.  

I understand the need/want of more power for play/trails..  but when you start pushing the envelope that much..  at that point there is better options for the kind of money being spent.

So 70+ tq and potentially 140+ hp on a stockish swinger? If that thing ever hooks you're going to be in the ICU.

Where is this Stock Swingarm shit coming from? I don't have a stock Swingarm a have a extended MTF Heavy Duty Swingarm.

image_zpscc63aa91.jpg

DM Serval?!! What in the fuck a drag racing motor with lowered port timings??

Tyler said he had a DM Serval, I wasn't aware such a thing even existed. He told me CP custom cast his cylinders for him exclusively. IDK he could be fucking with me but nobody said anything so I took it as the truth.

I could see using uplon in a 4 stroke with alcohol...  but using it in a 2 stroke dont make much sense.   that why we mix oil in.

I'm not knocking your choice of parts.  What I'm saying is.  You can use the best of the best parts and you will still have failures.  Ask anyone who has had one for a decent amount of time what kind of failures they've

had and how much "actual run time" the motor had.    The ones I see fail are drag bikes.. and they only run on the throttle for 4 seconds at a time.  Let alone hours in a day.  

I understand the need/want of more power for play/trails..  but when you start pushing the envelope that much..  at that point there is better options for the kind of money being spent.

One of the main things I catch so much hell over is "over building" I use everything I've got, nothing is a garage queen or set up for limited use. When I build something I address every single possible weak point. The Steel Basket is a perfect example. I never need to worry about notching my basket. I add Klotz UPLON at 1oz per gallon to all the Av-Gas I buy regardless of 2/4 Stroke because I've had builders that use it tell me its dry. If 100LL has less lubricants than pump gas or race fuel then your oil ratio is off and your not actually running a 32:1 Pre-Mix. Even if it doesn't help I don't feel like it hurts anything. It's good to have extra insurance.

With the amount of money I've got invested in this motor I can tell you it will be reliable. I'm running the best 530 X-Ring Chain/Forged Steel Sprockets you can buy. I had Crank Works custom Build me a Billet Crank with custom forged rods like the crank has in the picture bellow, I'm putting a billet 2nd gear in the trans, and I bought a upgraded heavy duty complete bearing/bushing kit out of Australia for the engine. If I do see a possible weak link and a upgrade is not available I have a multi million dollar machine shop that will fabricate anything I need at no cost to me. If there's one thing I know it's how to make a Banshee reliable. As long as the frame holds up I'll be okay.

image_zps71c78dd7.jpg

Where is this Stock Swingarm shit coming from? I don't have a stock Swingarm a have a extended MTF Heavy Duty Swingarm.

image_zpscc63aa91.jpg

I wasn't implying that you had a "stock" swingarm. I was referring to the length. How much over is that? I'm not bashing or hating. Just speaking from a lil bit of experience. I don't have near the ride time under my belt that it seems you do. I was running a +6 up hills with about 2/3 the power and torque you're talking about. It's a handful up hills. I'm going to a +8. That looks like maybe its a +4? I'm thinking once you get up to a certain point with chassis length the motor bike will be borderline unridable. If you get into a sticky situation it'll eat your lunch in a hurry.

I wasn't implying that you had a "stock" swingarm. I was referring to the length. How much over is that? I'm not bashing or hating. Just speaking from a lil bit of experience. I don't have near the ride time under my belt that it seems you do. I was running a +6 up hills with about 2/3 the power and torque you're talking about. It's a handful up hills. I'm going to a +8. That looks like maybe its a +4? I'm thinking once you get up to a certain point with chassis length the motor bike will be borderline unridable. If you get into a sticky situation it'll eat your lunch in a hurry.

My currant Swingarm is a +3 Chromoly Oval Tube XC/Woods Swingarm. I'm hoping I can find somebody to make that custom Long Travel Frame I designed and a +6 Arched Latter Swingarm, but I need to find somebody to build it for me.

The power delivery on the new motor is smooth and very broad, its not like I'lI be trying to trail ride and cruse on a big drag ported 610 Cub. I still feel like that frame and the +6 Arched Latter would make the bike a lot more comfortable and fun to ride. Any suggestions on somebody that makes custom frames like the one I'm wanting?

Dude, I don't have a Serval. I made all that shit up.

I have an 18mm DM.

I hope you don't really think you're getting 130HP from a 14mm Serval.

I'm not building a Serval for that reason. The Big Serval's 10 mil and up don't make the power that they should. Sprinkler's 421 Serval with a clean up port on Av-Gas made more power than the 10 mil Serval you and Cam tested the pipes on. IMO the standard Banshee Intakes are one of the main problems. I tried to get Calvin to cast me a big Serval with Big 6 Bolt Intakes and he wouldn't do it.

I feel pretty confident this motor will hit somewhere close to the 130hp mark.