Turbocharged and fuel injected banshee........

I'd imagine with a TiAL housing and a bit of work in the turbo you could get that 17 to spool just as quick, or quicker than your other turbo.

How much compression are you running?

How much boost are you making?

IMO you will wanna be a bit careful with that new turbo until you get a handle on what exactly you've got for compression. Also, there is some tuneability (is that a word?) With your plenum sizing. With that being said I'd bet that pipe design will yield better results at this point that plenum design will. I bet that fugger is a riot on the street! My turbo bike was the funnest bike I've ever owned!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am currently running the stock head with stock wossner pistons, +6 timing.  It is running around 12psi boost on 110 octane at the moment, I think I am going back the timing off a bit and push the boost up.  I have a set of domes for the cool head that I am going to get machined down to 26cc and see how far I can push the boost.

This motor loves to have a load on it (as with any turbo application), I am going to try a 19t front and 35t rear sprocket.

I finally figured out how to get rid of the lean decel I was getting and got this bike as responsive as my dirt bike (only with a tad bit more power), I am finally able to put those sticky tires to use in the corners

Have the stock head done. Cool head ain't gonna stay sealed even if you do more work to the domes. Remember, taking more material out of the domes makes the material in the combustion area thinner. Normally not to big of a deal as most of the time it just lowers the compression as well. But taking a regular old dome to 26cc is quite a bit more material. Add boost to that..... Catastrophe.

• 1 month later...

quick update, I have been very busy at work but still managing to put some miles on the bike........I lost the oil pump and scrubbed the turbo.  I decided to pull the motor and do a teardown.  Everything looks great internally, I doubled up on the base gasket and dropped some compression (along with slightly higher port timing), currently at 118 psi cranking compression.  I finally ponied up for a brand new turbo and went with a Garrett gt15.  the bike now comes on boost around 5800 rpm and makes 25psi by 8000 rpm.  I have some dyno time coming up and expect some decent numbers, 100mph in 4th and can pull wheel up.

dyno video and some go pro soon!

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

• Like 2

Now that I got my last tuning quirk ironed out thanks to your tip, I can only imagine how much of a beast your bike is with boost. My throttle response is straight up violent now. If I ever find an aerocharger for the right price I just might have to jump on it.....

Well the bike hit the dyno!!, and it turns out I have alot of tuning to do.........running pig rich in boost it seems.  Its funnny because on the street it always seemed pretty good into and above 20psi.  Anyways at 10.5 psi boost the bike is making a solid 70hp at the wheel at 10200rpm, anything over 11psi and afr's go to around 8:1.  hopefully in the next few weeks I can work on the tune and get the afrs perfect into the 25psi range.  It takes alot of load to spool the turbo, the pulls were done in 6th gear.  I have a gt12 I might try and see if I can get a bit faster spool.

Doesnt make all the power yet but sure is light!

IMG_1961.jpg

6th gear pull from 5000rpm

http://vid202.photobucket.com/albums/aa268/Baja_Neufy/IMG_1957.mp4

Boost is measured at the throttle bodies.

While 70hp and 40ftlb isnt anything crazy yet I feel I am on track for some good numbers.  Keep in mind this is low compression, stock bore, stroke, cylinders and basic port cleanup (exhaust port was raised 1.5mm).  from the limited information I have found on turbo 2 strokes it seems that they dont make more than there NA counter parts until 6-8psi.

that being said this motor will be tuned to run 20-25psi where I expect to be well over 100 rwhp