Turbocharged and fuel injected banshee........

its most likely a pickup gap to big, or its snufing the spark out at the higher rpms.  try br9eix ngk plugs and gap them down some. like 20 tho to 18 tho.  what coil are you using you could also be overloading the pipes but i wouldnt look into that till you narrow out the other stuff.

the aftermarket stator COULD be causing it also.  

tell shear turbo's dont work. 200+hp and 100ft lbs of tq?? hmm

Thanks for the input, I put in the plugs suggested and gapped to 20 thou, tightened up the pick up gap and no change.  I am running the stock cdi and coil

next I set the timing back to stock......no change

stock stator.....no change

next i wired the wastegate open to see if the turbine was too restrictive, no change other than the bike felt very slow with no boost

Tomorrow I will bring my computer and data log the VR sensor and see if it goes haywire at 9500 rpm.

If that all checks out I will bolt the stock head back on and see where that takes me. The bike is fast pulls, hard approaching 100mph and still has more to go but its not the screaming death bike I want yet. It currently feels like its pulling like a diesel and poof 9500 wall (almost like a rev limiter)

n2o has some very good points also.

Reason i mention the VR sensor is both the MS and CDI are picky about their VR signal at high rpms. sharing the signal may be an issue. theres a way to do it without affecting the original output i think. ran across it on the MS forums years ago when fighting a breakup issue on my turbo 5.0 moostang.

I did some data logging and the VR signal is definatly getting erratic at 8500 rpm (my dashboard tach must not be that accurate) doesnt seem to matter if im in boost or not.  Time to figure out how to keep that signal clean!  I was thinking of a dynatec CDI and using the tach output for the microsquirt, so the VR wouldnt need to be tapped.

Any thoughts?

I did some data logging and the VR signal is definatly getting erratic at 8500 rpm (my dashboard tach must not be that accurate) doesnt seem to matter if im in boost or not.  Time to figure out how to keep that signal clean!  I was thinking of a dynatec CDI and using the tach output for the microsquirt, so the VR wouldnt need to be tapped.

Any thoughts?

What version of microsquirt do you have? v1 and v2 have a coil driver which will fire a single coil/wasted spark coil. v3 is logic level only so...

find a twin tower coil with a built in igniter and see if you can get the MS to fire it reliably using the stock pickup arrangement. other option would be to build a coil driver (igniter) based on the setup the fullsize megasquirt and use it to fire whatever coil you want. the GM HEI ignition module may work here?

http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/sparkout.html

http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#gm7hei

Waste of money.. JMO of course. I know nothing going about boosted banshees

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok we get it, they are a pain in the ass! You keep saying they don't work on Banshees? That mean you're not against them on other two stroke applications? I've seen a lot of success with them in the snowmo stuff. Few other two stroke motors to. I definitely wouldn't say it's cost effective and not for the guy on a tight budget. The banshee motor design in general is kinda poor as far as boost capability. There needs to be some pretty extensive work on the cases to make it even sort of reliable. And I would say that rubber O-ring head stuff ain't gonna stay sealed up.

Ok we get it, they are a pain in the ass! You keep saying they don't work on Banshees? That mean you're not against them on other two stroke applications? I've seen a lot of success with them in the snowmo stuff. Few other two stroke motors to. I definitely wouldn't say it's cost effective and not for the guy on a tight budget. The banshee motor design in general is kinda poor as far as boost capability. There needs to be some pretty extensive work on the cases to make it even sort of reliable. And I would say that rubber O-ring head stuff ain't gonna stay sealed up.

You, as well as many others keep running your cock holster about what it's does/doesn't take to make them run. HAVE YOU EVER PERSONALLY OWNED ONE??? Rather than regurgitate what you read, or what you think will work, or in some cases won't work, OWN ONE!!!

FFS...

• Like 1

You, as well as many others keep running your cock holster about what it's does/doesn't take to make them run. HAVE YOU EVER PERSONALLY OWNED ONE??? Rather than regurgitate what you read, or what you think will work, or in some cases won't work, OWN ONE!!!

FFS...

No, Havnt owned a turbo banshee. I just mentioned what I have seen work on other two stroke stuff. Not what I've heard banshee guys do. The only 2 stroke stuff I've been around that was boosted sleds. I was honestly asking why you don't think they work? Instead you keep thumping your fucking chins like some Neanderthal and boasting about how it can't work, and you owned one so we should all just shut up.

Seriously, I was asking what your thought was about why you think they won't work. If you owned one and hated it, what were the problems? I can imagine it was just a cunt to keep sealed up. What else is wrong with them, granted you have the right pile of junk bolted together?