Passion Racing out of business?

bigbossjake

Id be concerned about getting your bike done...its a shame but your prolly better off getting new cylinders...the time alone trying to get old ones back isnt worth it...time is money...

Yep. Went through this before with an LT500R/Quadzilla cyl about 15 yr ago. Had to buy a new c yl and get a new builder. But at least I got to ride.

Sent from a van down by the river

I'm just trying to get word back to him that his customers are concerned about their parts.

Pretty sure he's aware of that. Especially after the one a month ago another guy that's a good customer of his did the same thing. He got his parts back when a vendor started calling for him. Atleast I think that's how it went down.

Lakes motor sports in Michigan is open

Yeah they are, they can help you with any of your over the counter parts and oil, however mikes port work does not compare. I had him do the cylinders on my big bore motor. I thought it was the most bad ass thing around. Then I started running in to guys who had work from Kurtz, HJR, Fast, Passion, R*Z, A&S, and WildCard. Yeah....... No comparison. Mike hasn't done R&D on banshee stuff since he was making those viper sleeves. Cool idea, but the idea was 10 years to late and that was ten years ago. Mono jugs moved in and mike made money fixing banshees and other Atv/PWC, not building and R&Ding banshees like the site sponsors here. I like Mike and Kim a lot, and the big mike guy at the counter is awesome. But there is about another 4/5 sets of newer hands around and they are fucking jabronies. I dumped my bike off for dyno tuning. They handed it back to me with one wet plug and one white plug. The intake was hanging off and no body knew why one cylinder only needed a 48 while the other wanted a 55. Really?! Haven't been there unless I'm in a pinch and need something that day.

damn tricked that's fucked up, i live not far from there and pass lakes and magics every day on the way home from work so i get shit from them through out the season when i need it. Even talked to them about some port work. Figured i should use a more specialized builder then them tho in the end. glad i didn't use them after hearing this

So apparently the OP has started a bunch of posts trying to find anyone on this site who can contact Passion Racing for him and the answer is NO…….

So instead of being frustrated with the OP for starting a couple posts on the same topic…..let's all note the trouble he's dealing with, the efforts he's made and just add him to the collection for people that are voicing the same issues.

Hopefully he can just get his cylinders back so they can be sent to someone who's not AWOL.

Once he has his cylinders again he can worry about the next candidate.

• Like 1

i understand and feel his pain. 3 threads and 10 posts in a day wont fix his issue though. If he is serious he needs to contact the better business bureau, Jims local PD, make a claim at the internet fraud prevention site. at the very least i would add them to http://www.ripoffreport.com/ or something that will some how get a message to passion that he cant just hold peoples shit hostage with out even a return call, JMO and not even sure the best way to go about it but id be trying something..

i understand and feel his pain. 3 threads and 10 posts in a day wont fix his issue though. If he is serious he needs to contact the better business bureau, Jims local PD, make a claim at the internet fraud prevention site. or something that will some how get a message to passion that he cant just hold peoples shit hostage with out even a return call, JMO and not even sure the best way to go about it but id be trying something..

He IS trying something. He turned to the collective strength of this site.

The BEST way to go about it is to blast the site with the facts. Jim is SUPPOSED to be a site sponsor. He should be checking in here and participating on some level. What else can he do if voicemails, emails and texts aren't getting results?

The people who are satisfied customers should be efforting to let Jim know he's dropping the ball bad enough lately to damage his reputation.  

Unfortunately, he's pissed off even his most loyal customers over the last few months, so the shotgun approach of 3 threads and 10 posts have fallen on deaf ears. 

YOUR job, MY job, OUR job is to hold Passion accountable for treating OUR fellow site members like this. This guy is a sponsor. He represents this site. If that kind of behavior is acceptable to the members…..fine.

But if he can't meet the same level of professionalism that our other builders meet……Our job is to side with the member till the wrong has been righted. (As well as highlight the builders we know do it well)

Too idealistic?……Well, I'd hate to have my stuff in limbo and have people laugh it off.

This was a simple port job. REDLINE could have ported, built and dyno tuned a motor and had it shipped back to him just in the amount of time that has past since his last contact with Jim.  :o

• Like 7

I would also spam his youtube videos linked from his website with these messages so people looking at his dyno runs get the message or facebook if he has one!

Redline, FTW! I sent my cylinders to Cam about a month ago. Even with him going on vacation, my cylinders are on the way back now and I live in Florida which means standard ground shipping is 3-5 days both ways.