New around here, just picked up a shee

87twin350

Hey thanks for the suggestions guys. In the meantime, how often will I have to replace the bushings in the J arms? I'm not looking to upgrade them immediately because I just want to make sure everything runs smooth and work out all the kinks first.

Welcome.. One of my first banshee's was a J-arm, It didn't stay that way long after I seen how easy they bend. The easiest route I found was to pick up an A-arm frame and some arms and switch everything over. Simple and easy to do and I liked the idea better instead of chopping and welding since I didn't have the resources to do it at the time.  Good luck and keep us updated Looks good so far.

i inquired about these a few months ago and i found a company in, dont quote me but iirc arizona. that makes them still. this is the email i got from them

GREETINGS 
THE  J ARM TO ARM KITS COST 169.00 AND THEY BARE METAL
WE MAKE THIS KIT IN HOUSE AND IS AVAILBLE  THANKS  JOHN KING ATV RACING

this was there contact info i used. Sales <sales@atvracing1.com>;

this was just for the conversion pieces then have to figure in price of a arms and other components.

Hey thanks everyone. I was looking at the fireball(?) racing +2+1 J arm kits on ebay. Anyone know anything about those? Unfortunately, my left J arm mounts on the frame have ovaled out from being loose. Not a big deal; just filled it with weld at my dad's shop and redrilled it. Just waiting on a new bolt, since it was stripped.

I just posted in the pipes and jetting section, but today I ran it down the street a few times, and my top end just sucks. The midrange is amazing, it really gets up. But once it gets up, it just falls on its face and feels like it has no power band. I'm jetted at 340 mains, 25 pilots, clip centered on the needles, and 2 turns out on air/fuel. Compression check was 130PSI both cylinders, and leak down test was good. Any ideas?

Welcome aboard keep the updates coming. Could you post more pictures of that red/black banshee?

photo-8.jpg

There you go! This one is my girlfriend's. 1997, FMF Fatties, Duncan port matched, V3 reeds, +6 swing arm (don't know what brand), +2+1 arms, Works shocks. It's alright... PITA to start sometimes. 

photo-8.jpg

There you go! This one is my girlfriend's. 1997, FMF Fatties, Duncan port matched, V3 reeds, +6 swing arm (don't know what brand), +2+1 arms, Works shocks. It's alright... PITA to start sometimes. 

now post one with her sitting on it in a string bikini eating a banana and you will make friends on here

Hey thanks everyone. I was looking at the fireball(?) racing +2+1 J arm kits on ebay. Anyone know anything about those? Unfortunately, my left J arm mounts on the frame have ovaled out from being loose. Not a big deal; just filled it with weld at my dad's shop and redrilled it. Just waiting on a new bolt, since it was stripped.

I just posted in the pipes and jetting section, but today I ran it down the street a few times, and my top end just sucks. The midrange is amazing, it really gets up. But once it gets up, it just falls on its face and feels like it has no power band. I'm jetted at 340 mains, 25 pilots, clip centered on the needles, and 2 turns out on air/fuel. Compression check was 130PSI both cylinders, and leak down test was good. Any ideas?

Has it been like this since you got it? New plugs? Do a plug read/chop? Main seems bit rich, IMO. Good coil ground? Gap pick up coil? Clean nubs? Clean stator poles?