ATVDragRacerHQ.com Forum

locogato11283

I am not necessarily trying to change the whole game with the new forum.

I am trying to create a level platform for ALL drag racers and tracks in the country.

Brett's intention is to just bring everyone to the same level and bring more publicity to the sport. NO ONE in ATV drag racing promotes anything. He is the only one.

I think for the strictly drag guys it will be a good site. If you have a DS650 drag bike I'm not sure you'd log on to BansheeHQ would you?

I am not necessarily trying to change the whole game with the new forum.

I am trying to create a level platform for ALL drag racers and tracks in the country.

Brett's intention is to just bring everyone to the same level and bring more publicity to the sport. NO ONE in ATV drag racing promotes anything. He is the only one.

I think for the strictly drag guys it will be a good site. If you have a DS650 drag bike I'm not sure you'd log on to BansheeHQ would you?

I understand what you 2 are trying to do & it's not unappreciated.  

I hate to break the news to you, but you are wrong. Brett may very well be a leader in 300' racing publicity, but not the only one promoting ATV Drag Racing! 

2nd, there are plenty of people that are currently & in the past promoting ATV Drag racing. The publicity/promotion side has went back around 10 years that I know of, with different people doing a lot of work for the sport.

I'm trying to hold onto some hope for the sport, but it's fading. It has not been because of other's not trying or even myself not trying. Numerous people have done much more for the sport, than keyboard suggest/complain. 

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Who will be the mods? Not saying this place is bad but it would be nice to have only useful info posted. Not the same questions 100 times, people playing dumb posting useless/wrong info, people bashing others.

I'm not saying I haven't taken part in any of those at all, but it would be nice to have all useful info only. Not have to go through pages and pages and pick and choose who is right.

This question has been skipped over twice. If this is gonna be a serious site, your going to need serious monitoring. Some threads on here go to shit in minutes. Some are the same boost bottle question that's been asked since this place started.

I'm sure most people that take the drag racing serious won't want to deal with people be ignorant. Me personally, I love the freedom on this site. But if you do want a professional format, a lot of measures will need to be taken. I am in no way shape or form a drag racer. But I do love this sport in any outlet. So I like to see professionalism in the industry. So again, how will the forum be ran and monitored?

Will the bashing come to an end? Will the ignorant post be taken down? Will repeat useless threads be deleted?

i like the info only base.  thats cool..

the reason all the other forums are failing in my opinion is because there are SO many  and its not like there are a billion differnt atv dragracers.  its a pretty small community..   i really dont like having to go to 5 differnt forums to have a conversation or pass on info to the same person.  it gets old.  now please dont kill me on this one  but back when planetsand was new.  there wasnt really any other places to talk about dune drags, track racing, and even specific sections for just yoru area riders.  so everone was on that site..  i mean really  how many of you have or had a planetsand account name??   then there was this site wich at the time was pretty lame and just like all the other HQ sites.  if yo ucame on here and said anything bad  boom you were banned.  now since loco took it over its a lot more fun and i FEEL that more people are also tired fo trying to chill out with their friends over 5 differnt forums..  and hq is pretty nice site to use.  

the reason all the other forums are failing in my opinion is because there are SO many  and its not like there are a billion differnt atv dragracers.  its a pretty small community..   i really dont like having to go to 5 differnt forums to have a conversation or pass on info to the same person.  it gets old.  now please dont kill me on this one  but back when planetsand was new.  there wasnt really any other places to talk about dune drags, track racing, and even specific sections for just yoru area riders.  so everone was on that site..  i mean really  how many of you have or had a planetsand account name??   then there was this site wich at the time was pretty lame and just like all the other HQ sites.  if yo ucame on here and said anything bad  boom you were banned.  now since loco took it over its a lot more fun and i FEEL that more people are also tired fo trying to chill out with their friends over 5 differnt forums..  and hq is pretty nice site to use.  

I don't disagree with you on the too many forums thing.. I feel that my forums will be the longest lasting of them all. I doubt some of these others last 2-3 more years due to no one paying to advertise on them. Most are owned by forum companies that don't care about them other than from a revenue stand point.

What I hope is that the strictly drag racing guys will use it to their advantage. They will have a stable forum platform that will always be upgraded as time goes on.

For the tight knit drag racing community, I am guessing that not having to sift through the trail riding or dune riding stuff would appeal to them.

[Regarding the Planet Sand flashback]

At one point Planet Sand was open to everyone (Like HQ is now) Noobs could ask questions and the answers would start out basic, and by the time it was over you would have top builders voicing full dissertations on a concept. (They could be even longer winded than me since no one was trying to read that shit from a phone.) LOL

Part of the vibe was that many of the people with knowledge were able to log on and answer questions and be respected for the valuable input.

Once Planet Sand became a pay to play site, the noobs and lurkers disappeared and it turned into a chat room for the few racers in the sport.

At that point two things happened….#1 people stopped offering good advice because it was just making the competition faster,  #2 People (mostly fellow racers) stopped asking questions because they didn't want to look like they didn't know something.

From then on it was just a racer chat room that was bound to fail as people lost interest. 

• Like 1

I really love reading everyones input.  The purpose of me starting atvdragracer.com was to do one thing, HELP THE SPORT.  I have found so many tracks and events that I had never heard of before.  There are so many forums and fb pages that its hard to find all the info.  I miss the old days where all the racers posted info, helped members and chatted in the shout box.  The one thing I can say is its not going to get better just because we started a web page or forum.  It takes all of you to get involved as well.  The more involvement, the more it will bring the racers.  I currently have 27 tracks posted on my site along with race flyers and event info.  Its like a big circle.  The more info available, more racers will show up and race, which brings money to help the track owners stay open.  If we dont have tracks to race at, then the drag bug wears off which hurts people in the atv drag business.  EVERYONE drag races....what trail guy hasnt ever lined up next to his buddy and raced him to the first tree?  This new site cant be all about the top pro bikes.  There are only a handful of psda caliber bikes.  We have to remember the new comers.  We all started somewhere at the bottom.  Anyways, I am just rambling a little.  4 strokes rule!!  

• Like 1