Serval vs Cub

tdod101

Apparently everyone skipped the part where he says "light drag racing IF he goes to Silver Lake."

So, drag racing nearly completely aside, duning and trail riding. Yea, sounds like a Cub motor?! Ridiculous.

As I stated before, you can get 85HP out of a pump gas 4mm Serval with the proper set up. That's more than enough power for duning and trail riding.

I would do cub because you will want more and more power. You can have the serval drag ported for more power when you are ready and some say it will run like a cub but the truth is that I've never seen one do it. I'm sure there are some out there though.

if you care at all about winning drag type races then cub cause it will yank on top. if you dont care to get beat by 350s in a race but get around the trails easy get a serval. if you want something in the middle get a ported serval with the timings bumped up a lil. imo

^^^ ignorant. lol. A well built 421 serval isn't getting beat by a 350 of equal setup. ( pump gas to pump gas..etc, etc)

• Like 1

I would do cub because you will want more and more power. You can have the serval drag ported for more power when you are ready and some say it will run like a cub but the truth is that I've never seen one do it. I'm sure there are some out there though.

Boston on here has a serval that knt drag ported. one of the fastest 421s at out hill

Have you ridden/owned both motors?

I've owned/ridden both with a couple different set ups and the Serval would http://www.snapcrates.com/products/wooden-shipping-crates/hands down be my choice for what he's going to be doing with it.

Ridden both( both 421's ) and I guess the serval is more forgiving in the "trails". I guess I would rather have the RPM's for the more wide open riding listed, but it would really depend on what OP means by trails or dunes. There certainly is a difference depending on where you ride. Dunes in Oregon have a bunch of tight idiot holes and handlebar tight riding where dunes here in michigan can be wide open.

if you care at all about winning drag type races then cub cause it will yank on top. if you dont care to get beat by 350s in a race but get around the trails easy get a serval. if you want something in the middle get a ported serval with the timings bumped up a lil. imo

This makes no sense

• Like 1