Got a huge problem need help ASAP

Jram2088

So my banshee has been running like crap lately every1 kept blaming it on the carbs cause i had 34mm mikunis flat top, I ordered a set of stock carbs mikuni 26mm bike still ran like crap cleaned like 5 times still ran like crap lol, so I decided to do an engine rebuild on my bike and when I take off my head it is destroyed move on to the piston n besides the piston is missing chunks from the top a whole piece of it broke, so I have the following quest?

Quest 1: what could have cost this to happen and what can i do to prevent it later on again?

Quest 2: should I open up my entire engine to clean it up in case there's any loose metal in there?

Quest 3: if I shave my head to make it smooth again would I have to change anything on the bike or can I keep all my stock parts for example pistons rods n everything?

Please guys help me this is a 911 post

image_zps1c8793e4.jpg

image_zps2c6d7261.jpg

You can see the broken piston

Edited by Jram2088

A little bit of investigation before you tore it down woukd have helped. But now that its down rebuild it, split cases and clean very well, new seals and gaskets, and look it over well. Check intake boots for cracks or any obvious stuff lije that. Once its rebuilt do a leakdown test!!!

You obviously need new pistons and rings. How do the cylinders look? Im guessing theyre tore up too?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

the cylinders to me seem to be on perfect condition just looks like the head n piston took all the damage, i already got new seals for everything and tomorrow I will go get tools to take the entire bottom end apart hopefully I don't find more bad things, I will post a picture of my piston n cylinders later on so you guys can see everything.

Any reason you guys think this could have happen, would it have anything to do with the carbs ?