East Coast ATV "crate motors"

trickedcarbine

Well that depends on u If u call Dave and talk to him personally u might get your own opinion I think he's a stand up guy and that they do good work he has allot of knowledge and will actually talk to u I'm sure there are some better builders out there but I can tell u this when I was trying to do my ten mm I called a few shops that are supposed to be the shit and everyone of them are just so busy they don't have time to talk to u or answer the DUMB questions but Dave did and was super cool about everything my input went into every piece of the build and just to add to that half the people on here talk from there ass with info they get from a buddy or some one they don't even know. All I can personally say is that if u want to see some results of ECA's recent work let me know ill be more then happy to post some vids of there work in action and lms1977 can as well another satisfied guy everyone has had there issues at some point or another but that doesn't mean they can't step it up !!!!!!

• 5 months later...

I talked to all the guys at eastcoast and they have great customer service . Me snd my brother even sat and talked personally with Dave in the back of eastcoastcejy he was building a banshee for hours , and when sumbody stoke my brother 2004 yfz 450 with 520 Stroker motor and they parted out to eastciasr cycle . Dave from eastcoast cycle gave him everything back free of charged , fresher up the engine with free fresh tires !

Edited by Bansheeteddy

I talked to all the guys at eastcoast and they have great customer service . Me snd my brother even sat and talked personally with Dave in the back of eastcoastcejy he was building a banshee for hours , and when sumbody stoke my brother 2004 yfz 450 with 520 Stroker motor and they parted out to eastciasr cycle . Dave from eastcoast cycle gave him everything back free of charged , fresher up the engine with free fresh tires !

I'm sorry.......did I understand you correctly?

Did you just tell the world that East Coast ATV buys stolen parts from shady people, then resells them to people? Possibly in the form of crate motors? But somehow since he was familiar with you he returned your stolen items and threw in fresh tires to smooth things over, you now think he wears a cap and is your local superhero?

Want to know why professional shops DON'T DEAL IN USED PARTS? To avoid knowingly or unknowingly laundering stolen parts!

No that is one of the funniest posts I have read in a long time (well I think it is because I am not sure of what it really says!!!!!)

so how in the fuck can you be serious about what you are writing?? If I knew a shop had my stolen bike I would turn them into the cops not go ask them if I could have my shit back!! Seems a little fishy to me they felt they needed to freshen up his motor and throw in a set of tires when all they did was buy his stolen shit from someone else. Sounds like to me they were trying to kiss ass to stay out of trouble

ECATV deals in a lot of used parts. I see no reason to think it's weird they bought a used bike/parts. I'm seriously doubting they knowingly received stolen parts. I've talked to Dave several times on the phone and he seems like a pretty nice guy to me. Maybe they were just helping the guy out after getting his stuff stolen?

I don't understand jumping all over a company when you know zero about what happened.

ECATV deals in a lot of used parts. I see no reason to think it's weird they bought a used bike/parts. I'm seriously doubting they knowingly received stolen parts. I've talked to Dave several times on the phone and he seems like a pretty nice guy to me. Maybe they were just helping the guy out after getting his stuff stolen?

I don't understand jumping all over a company when you know zero about what happened.

Not jumping all over them I just find it odd that you would freshen up a complete motor and throw a set of tires in when all you did was buy parts from some guy not having any idea they were stolen. That is all I was saying Ty Ty. 

Me know nothing just my opinion

Guys everyone can rest assured, Tyler says they are OK.

He knows those guys better than anyone, he has talked to them over the phone.

That's not what I am saying at all. I am just saying that it's not uncommon for them to buy used bikes and parts.

Their website: http://eastcoastatv.com/

Right on the home page:

Having trouble finding that new or used ATV part? Then we are the people you need to call. We also buy used and wrecked ATVs and specialize in building custom drag bikes. We take great pride in customer satisfaction. We treat every customer as if they are that million dollar customer, no matter if your spending thousands of dollars or just $10.00.

We carry a large selection of new and used ATV Parts, both stock and after market. and also have a large selection of new and used tires and wheels. We have our own complete service department. Our name is well known in the entire United States. We are the largest used and new ATV parts supplier on the east coast. If we don't have it we do our best to find it!

We not only buy and sell used ATV parts, we also have our own race team and service area. We specialize in building Motocross-cross country and drag bikes and over the years we have built many race quads including pro racer John Natalie and Dustin Wimmer!! We do custom work such as Quads, Drag Quads, Razors, Rhinos and many others. Give us a call, an E-mail or if your local just stop in!