New banshee rider have spark, gas, compression but wont start, thoughts?

So im a new banshee rider and this is the deal. I took my shee out to the dunes for its maiden voyage and it had some small issues that we worked out pretty well we got it running solid and rode good for about 25 min or so when we decided to stop and take a breather. After the breather i could not get my shee running again and come to find out i had no spark. i have since then checked everything changed out the coil, bypassed the key switch, put a motor bike kill switch on my shee so i don't deal with the corrosion there, adjusted the pickup coil checked my stator, etc and now i have spark... but i dont have ignition so i kick the bike a few times and then i get a huge backfire off my pipes. it sounds like it wants to turn over but it just wont turn over. I was getting 180 on my compression test and i am running at a +5 timing right now but once i getting going i think it will move up from there where i am running high compression AV fuel. an thoughts our help would be of great help guys. 

Pull the flywheel and check the key, shake the flywheel while its off. Pull the reeds, see if they split. Check the harness didn't melt on the pipes by the air box / under the seat

Key is in place didn't shake the flywheel... what am i looking to do in shaking it? reeds are good harness is good i have it protected in a heat protective tubing but i did pull that off to double check and make sure it is all good and well. 

Check slides are down, choke tube is in place, and bowls are on right carbs so choke works.

What is compression?

Flywheel should be ok they just come appart sometimes if not oem.

like joey said....unplug your tors if they are still connected (and the brain box). cut the parking wires and make sure they can't touch anything.  Check if your choke tube came out from between your carbs.  do a leak down test.  Shake your flywheel to listen for a sand type sound......if real sandy sound is hurt the magnets are busted. Find a friend with a shee and swap the cdi and if that doesn't work swap the flywheel........a lot of aftermarket electronics for these things are TERRIBLE. 

Check slides are down, choke tube is in place, and bowls are on right carbs so choke works.

What is compression?

Flywheel should be ok they just come appart sometimes if not oem.

carbs checked out okay

what fuel are you running right now?  at 180psi and +5 timing I doubt premium pump gas is cutting the mustard so to speak.

im running AVgas or 100LL some people call it

He said he had no spark... tors? Parking brake? cdi? Mine did same thing once and it was the cdi. get the clymers and start ohming pick up coil, coil, cdi, etc.

I now have spark but it will not turn over i kick it a few times and now it backfires like a gun shot. is there to much timing for a plus 5 timing, and 180 PSI? Will timing cause a backfire effect?

like joey said....unplug your tors if they are still connected (and the brain box). cut the parking wires and make sure they can't touch anything.  Check if your choke tube came out from between your carbs.  do a leak down test.  Shake your flywheel to listen for a sand type sound......if real sandy sound is hurt the magnets are busted. Find a friend with a shee and swap the cdi and if that doesn't work swap the flywheel........a lot of aftermarket electronics for these things are TERRIBLE. 

tors are gone and the harness is now cut. I do have spark but is there such a thing as not having enough spark or a hot enough spark? im just not getting enough to ignite i get a backfire out my pipes. is that a pre or post detination?

check the key switch wires make sure you have good grounds ect. this spring i kicked my ass off on my banshee because it had spark but wouldnt fire. come to find out it was the red an black key switch wire that wasnt making good contact(i removed the key and spliced the wires) and i kick it once it fired right up.

check the key switch wires make sure you have good grounds ect. this spring i kicked my ass off on my banshee because it had spark but wouldnt fire. come to find out it was the red an black key switch wire that wasnt making good contact(i removed the key and spliced the wires) and i kick it once it fired right up.

I already removed the key switch and the kill switch has been replaced.

Do you still have 180 on compression? You checked that after it quit running?

Reeds ok?

Squirt some fuel in carb and kick it. see if it starts. If it does its a fuel problem.

Ive had plenty of bikes that had spark but still had ignition problems. Get the clymers and (or search for it) and check your cdi, coil, and pick up coil. Good luck

• Like 1

Do you still have 180 on compression? You checked that after it quit running?

Reeds ok?

Squirt some fuel in carb and kick it. see if it starts. If it does its a fuel problem.

Ive had plenty of bikes that had spark but still had ignition problems. Get the clymers and (or search for it) and check your cdi, coil, and pick up coil. Good luck

still have the same compression so im starting from squere one on the electronics again