Alba racing ( my experience )

jscharphorn

Seem like nice guys and I dealt with Cory every time.

There prices are fare and they do take care of problems and get them right eventually.

It seemed everything I purchased from them I had to modify to work.

To start I purchased a set of the A arms for my raptor 660 and when installing it I had to beat on the new set of arms with a hammer, one of the standard length arms did not fit correctly, it was welded a tad off, then the lower ball joint did not want to fit on the arms very good and I had to draw them in with the bolt  and I wrecked the lock washer from the amount of force it too to draw it in,  I called corry and he offered a discount or he would send a new part, then once I got my longer travel shocks from elka I took the short arms off and installed the shocks, the lower a arm the spacing now was not correct so elka had to send me new lower shock bushing to fit and those are a tad too big so now I have to file away some steel until they fit in, the shock bushing that were suppose to fit the a arms had about 1/16" gap.

( More to come with the 660 parts down below.)

Then I purchase a set of a arms for my banshee, I did not get any instructions and the ball joints come with a washer ( same as the 660 ) so I tried to draw the ball joint down so I could get my cotter key in and it striped the nut and wrecked the threads on the ball joint so I called cory and he sent me a new ball joint, I received the ball joint only to find out that the ball joint I just got was the correct ball joint and the original ball joints he sent me were the wrong ones and so I had to call him again and he is now sending me the other ball joint ( this was the upper ball joints.) and the lower ball joints slid in with no problem not like the 660 was.

Then I went to install my elka shocks well now the lower shock mount it was too small so I had to file a fat 1/16" off the steel until my shocks ( both sides ) would fit, so I called cory again and he said that is weird because no one else has ever said anything about this, he even checked his arms at the shop and said yup your right.

the 660 a arms cam with tie rods and they did not have a flat spot to put a wrench on them and cory said yes they have a new supply coming that will have them, well the banshee arms came with them but the flat spot is on the wrong end, it is under the exhaust pipe and hard to use

I also purchase a set of braided brake lines for the raptor and the banshee, they were not marked on the package as to which one went to which so I installed the one set and then went to install the other to find out it did matter which set was for which bike so now I have to pull the one set off and swap them, well there went a good 1/2hr x 3 by the time im done.

I also purchase the break line holders to find they needed rubber strips to get them to hold tight on the arms and one set did not come with the correct size rubber strips so again I had to modify.

Cory has done everything to make it right but it sucks it will be close to a 2 week deal to get it right because shipping take 3-4 days each time a part is shipped.

I felt like I was his test guy on ever part I purchased and quality control failed...

I feel like I am forgetting something as well.

Sorry but the tie rods can not be switched around, they would not fit, seems the stock ball joints are a tad different size, they would not screw on but when I turned them around they went right on.

Have you tried your a arms with the long travel shocks yet ? that is were the problem is on both of my sets of arms.

the only issue i've had is the delrin bushings suck.... Alba needs to make a replacement that is made of graphite impregnated bronze.... My delrins were wasted after 2 rides (8 hrs.)

I thought he said I would have to swap the inside and outside tie rod ball joints.

I do not know, the tie rods would not spin on the correct way but it went right on when I spun it around.

That is small potatoes compared to all the filing I have done and getting the wrong banshee upper ball joints, they sent me the 660 upper ball joints for the banshee and if it was not for striping the one out and getting that one replaced I would not have known any better, I was wondering why it was pinching the rubber so bad, they have different angles to them.

Plus some of the ball joints have the nut and cotter key and some just have a lock nut., The 660 came with lock nuts for the bottom ball joints and the uppers have the nut and cotter key and the  banshee came with nut and cotter key for the  lowers and lock nuts for the uppers.

Aparently you dont. one tierod joint has regular right hand threads. rhe other has backwards left handed threads. 1 remove both ends and the tierod completey off the bike 2. assemble the ends to the rod. 3 install assembled part on bike so adjusting flat is out by the spindle. If that doesnt clear thst issue up i dont know what will. Half of all your issues were operator error. usually if it doesnt look right and doesnt feel right than guess what. it probably wrong

• Like 1

My issues were not operator error, the tie rod ball joints were never removed for me to even mix them up and put them on backwards I even had to replace one and ordered a outside ball joint and it was correct.

if I do it your way then the inside ball joint will be  the outside ball joint and the outside will be the inside and so down the road if I ever sell the bike or I forget that the ball joints are spun around and I  need a outside ball joint and I order a outside ball joint then I will have the wrong one because I would need the inside for the outside

The stock ball joints were on the bike I should not have to remove them and swap inside and outside for their tie rods to work right.

I bet you spin your motor around just so you will have reverse..

Everything I have bought from Alba, mainly on my 450, has bolted up perfect, great customer service and everything. I wont buy a set of there arms but a buddy of mine bought some for his banshee and they bolted up with no problems at all, I think you just had bad luck this go around.