Banshee backfire alot

I have a 1999 banshee at first I couldn't get it to rev it was to do with the tors. I took the green and yellow wire coming from cdi and put it on the black and white wire coming from the cdi and it revs now but it backfires like crazy. And won't rev up all the way or move. So I need ideas. Checked timing it's good. Cleaned carbs. Reeds are good motor is solid with good compression. Tried different cdi. Coil is good. Exhaust is not plugged. Idk what to do. Thanks in advance

try unplugging all the TORS stuff... If that doesn't work, chances are your looking at a new stator... Had this same prob. on a customers bike, swapped out stator and it was all good....

remove the green yellow wire & don't let it touch any ground (,unless u want your p-brake switch hooked to it then find harness or run a new wire to it & it will ground it's self w/ the brake on)... I don't remember what the black wire is for that you hooked the green to... might want to look into that later?, more than likely it's just a ground

what did you do with the yellow  white and/or the black white wires ...all you did initially was what? -just hook yellow white  at cdi to black white at the cdi together (what tors wires did you mess with?)...it rev's fine now just backfires (can you tell if its both sides or just 1?) might want to change the plugs