10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

Our twin was ported by herek, and our triple was originally ported by pps ive changed the triple up myself since then. The DMX's are pretty finicky to make "happy" but are awesome when they are all setup. STY I hope to see yours running hard really soon

Nick, Thanks for the words of encouragement. What size is your twin DMX? It has put down some great numbers, right?

Angel, has also found that the cases are warped. Seems like Wheelman warned me about that. Might end up doing another set of cases. I thought about changing to billet cases, but Angel is against it because of the added weight.

Nick, Thanks for the words of encouragement. What size is your twin DMX? It has put down some great numbers, right?

Angel, has also found that the cases are warped. Seems like Wheelman warned me about that. Might end up doing another set of cases. I thought about changing to billet cases, but Angel is against it because of the added weight.

I'm not saying that the stock cases wont work. But I have personally seen one person have 3 set of stock cases wreck themselves using that stupid adapter plate. With CP doing limited production runs of some cylds Id be really nervous about fucking up a set of cylds then having a hard time getting replacements. I get the weight thing, but the reliability and peace of mind is worth it IMO... Missing races because of jacked up spacer plates sucks!

I'm not saying that the stock cases wont work. But I have personally seen one person have 3 set of stock cases wreck themselves using that stupid adapter plate. With CP doing limited production runs of some cylds Id be really nervous about fucking up a set of cylds then having a hard time getting replacements. I get the weight thing, but the reliability and peace of mind is worth it IMO... Missing races because of jacked up spacer plates sucks!

Do you think the plate is causing the case warp or the amount of welding done to the cases. I never thought about the plate causing problems. I found out the cases were not welded by K&T, but farmed out.

My twin DMX is a 772cc 14mm 85bore, it originally was in stock cases but 2nd pass out with it we bent the spacer plate. after that we bought a set of billet cases for it and haven't had a case issue since.

It holds the 0-775cc PSDA record right now at a 3.42 we are hoping to better that this Coming spring at the PSDA race in Louisiana May 5th-9th

• Like 1

My twin DMX is a 772cc 14mm 85bore, it originally was in stock cases but 2nd pass out with it we bent the spacer plate. after that we bought a set of billet cases for it and haven't had a case issue since.

It holds the 0-775cc PSDA record right now at a 3.42 we are hoping to better that this Coming spring at the PSDA race in Louisiana May 5th-9th

Thanks for sharing the info!

I guess we have a few more problems than what I thought. I'm sure that running our odd ball combo is contributing also, 643cc, 10mm, 80 bore. 

The issue that Bennett had was a similar issue to the one I've been around. It was a 7mil, and it would lift/break/fuck up nearly every pass. Literally I think twice it was only 2 passes before it was fucked up. Put it in billets and it ran without issue.

The issue that Bennett had was a similar issue to the one I've been around. It was a 7mil, and it would lift/break/fuck up nearly every pass. Literally I think twice it was only 2 passes before it was fucked up. Put it in billets and it ran without issue.

I'm not apposed to using billet cases, but we have to try & make the stock ones work 1st. I'm sure you get why we need to do that! I'll try and explain that to Tyler, below.

Billet cases FTW! What's the sense of even owning the motor if you can't run it or there are issues every time out? Billet cases will be about 13 more pounds that OEM but say bye to any issues.

You seem to have everything figured out, but until you walk in our shoes; you will not understand!

You may weigh 150 lbs. soaking wet. We choose to jockey our bikes & we generally weigh around 220 lbs. without race gear. With our competitors weighing 150 lbs. or less. 13 lbs. can easily be a win or a lose deal. I'm sure we will never set any records at our weight, but we damn sure want to be competitive. So, less weight is very important to us.

The motor made 156hp on K&Ts dyno & 130+hp on D&Ms dyno. to me the cases are doing there job in that environment.

That doesn't mean it's making that power on the track & it's not. The chassis could very well be flexing enough for the motor to become unsealed during the run. Thanks green for putting that into perspective.

We are hoping to have all this sorted out on the dyno soon & the track (Bakersfield). If all is well, it goes to Gilbert. If not, it gets billet cases.

You seem to have everything figured out, but until you walk in our shoes; you will not understand!

You may weigh 150 lbs. soaking wet. We choose to jockey our bikes & we generally weigh around 220 lbs. without race gear. With our competitors weighing 150 lbs. or less. 13 lbs. can easily be a win or a lose deal. I'm sure we will never set any records at our weight, but we damn sure want to be competitive. So, less weight is very important to us.

The motor made 156hp on K&Ts dyno & 130+hp on D&Ms dyno. to me the cases are doing there job in that environment.

That doesn't mean it's making that power on the track & it's not. The chassis could very well be flexing enough for the motor to become unsealed during the run. Thanks green for putting that into perspective.

We are hoping to have all this sorted out on the dyno soon & the track (Bakersfield). If all is well, it goes to Gilbert. If not, it gets billet cases.

I weigh 180 pounds, just FYI.

And you're right. It's smarter to run cases that likely will break and cause you non-stop issues than ones that won't. What was I thinking?

Here's a crazy idea...

Buy the billet cases. Then diet for 3 days before the event. Bam, there's your weight savings. But you're so smart, I'm sure you would've figured that out.

In addition, if a few pounds will be the difference in a win or loss for your 220 pound jockey, your 150 pound competition must be riding fucking junk.

For what its worth, if you spend some time on a set of billet cases with some tools, there is a few pounds to remove out of them. 

Im sure your weight saving program is top notch, but there is lots of places to cut weight on the bikes and its parts to save some weight. I 100% get the stock case weight thing. If I was going to build an 18dm or similar, it would be in stock cases. But on a DMX the plate scenario just doesn't work in my book. Not to mention the fact that by the time you buy new OEM cases the plate ($400??) and then mod it all the damn things are 2/3 what a billet set cost.