Ricky Stator

Hello Everyone

We are new here to the forum. After reading through some topics I see many people have nothing but negative feedback in regards to our parts. We have worked hard over the last few years to separate ourselves from the "other" stator companies. If there is anyone out there that we didnt take care of let us know, we would be glad to help.

We have changed all the features of our stators that many people are still reporting as issues with our parts, this is just not the case.

As a reminder we still offer the rewind of the OEM stators. Also if there is any technical assistance we can offer let me know.

Hello Everyone

We are new here to the forum. After reading through some topics I see many people have nothing but negative feedback in regards to our parts. We have worked hard over the last few years to separate ourselves from the "other" stator companies. If there is anyone out there that we didnt take care of let us know, we would be glad to help.

We have changed all the features of our stators that many people are still reporting as issues with our parts, this is just not the case.

As a reminder we still offer the rewind of the OEM stators. Also if there is any technical assistance we can offer let me know.

I have an old one that took a dump. Dont know what is wrong with it. Just know it ran for a couple months, then the bike wouldn't run. Swapped my stock stator on and it ran since. The tech guy on the phone was a total cunt so I tossed it in the junk bin. Feel like replacing it now? Guess when business was good you guys felt that it was ok to tell people to occasionally get bent, now it's added up and it's hurt your ability to make payday so it finally needs to be dealt with?

• Like 2

I have an old one that took a dump. Dont know what is wrong with it. Just know it ran for a couple months, then the bike wouldn't run. Swapped my stock stator on and it ran since. The tech guy on the phone was a total cunt so I tossed it in the junk bin. Feel like replacing it now? Guess when business was good you guys felt that it was ok to tell people to occasionally get bent, now it's added up and it's hurt your ability to make payday so it finally needs to be dealt with?

We have always taken care or our customers. Not sure you have ever dealt with us based on your statement. Email me your name and I will see when and what you bought and yes  we will see about taking care of it. mike@rickystator.com

So.......years of pushing junk into the market.

A long history of new stators failing very quickly.

Endless reviews from unhappy people.

Most posts with electrical problems have people asking "Do you have a Ricky Stator?" as one of the first things they try to eliminate.....

And your just going to post that you "Changed all the features that people complained about"?

Like what? Care to elaborate? When did these changes take place? What kind of deals/warrantys do you now offer with your new and improved product?

You gotta do more than just come here and basically say My Bad.........(at least that's my opinion.)

I had similar issues. I put together my 4mill Cheetah using a new 200w Ricky Stator. I chased a miss on only one side for months (thinking there was no way it could ba stator causing only one side to act up), and eventually replaced the Ricky with an OEM. I did not make any other changes at that time, and instantly the problem went away. It has been years now, and no issues. I think I still have the thing, but could never feel comfortable using it. I also called and talked to somebody at your shop, and hung up feeling like I might as well have thrown $150 in the garbage. I do not remember specifically what was said, as it has been years, but I remember that I was not impressed with the customer service that I recieved.

On a good note, I purchased a set of SS tie rods, and they were great.

I am all for a company trying to improve, and would not say that I would never be a customer again, but I think you have a lot of damage control to do, if you are to regain the trust of many Banshee owners that I know.

Good luck!

We have been in business for over 20 years, so to say  we have pushed junk into the market is totally false. Did we have issues with some of our Banshee products, ABSOLUTELY! We do not have a problem admitting there were problems in the past. One thing we are sure of is that anyone that encountered problems with our parts was taken care of, if they werent then they did not give us the chance to make it right and those are the facts.

In regards to the changes to the stators for example: Stators are now assembled  here in house, the quality of the wire is the best available, hardware is from the USA and each stator is tested before shipping.

We didnt join this forum to try and create more business for ourselves but to mainly support our products and clear up any misconceptions about us that are still out there. I can tell just from today there is a tough crowd here.

I had similar issues. I put together my 4mill Cheetah using a new 200w Ricky Stator. I chased a miss on only one side for months (thinking there was no way it could ba stator causing only one side to act up), and eventually replaced the Ricky with an OEM. I did not make any other changes at that time, and instantly the problem went away. It has been years now, and no issues. I think I still have the thing, but could never feel comfortable using it. I also called and talked to somebody at your shop, and hung up feeling like I might as well have thrown $150 in the garbage. I do not remember specifically what was said, as it has been years, but I remember that I was not impressed with the customer service that I recieved.

On a good note, I purchased a set of SS tie rods, and they were great.

I am all for a company trying to improve, and would not say that I would never be a customer again, but I think you have a lot of damage control to do, if you are to regain the trust of many Banshee owners that I know.

Good luck!

Thanks for the input. We have learned over the years there are a certain amount of Banshees that will not run right with the 200 watt stator. The 200 watt stator is completely different from the OEM or our stock output stator in regards to how the ignition circuit is wound and configured. Most Banshee will run fine with the change in the ignition winding, however there is a small percentage that wont. We have recognized this and come up with a solution for most customers. With HID and LEDs becoming so popular the need for 200 watts is not as great as it use to be. We now have a 130 watt stator that is wound identical to the OEM one to eliminate any high speed misses. 

With all the issues i have herd and see friends go through a couple stators i wouldn't buy one. My opinion is send some out in the public to see how they with stand high hp, aggressive riding, drag racing, trail riding, etc etc.  Just cause you come on here and say we changed this and that is definitely not going to get banshee owners to buy them. Feedback from actual members experience with the new design might help. Just my .02

Thanks for the input. We have learned over the years there are a certain amount of Banshees that will not run right with the 200 watt stator. The 200 watt stator is completely different from the OEM or our stock output stator in regards to how the ignition circuit is wound and configured. Most Banshee will run fine with the change in the ignition winding, however there is a small percentage that wont. We have recognized this and come up with a solution for most customers. With HID and LEDs becoming so popular the need for 200 watts is not as great as it use to be. We now have a 130 watt stator that is wound identical to the OEM one to eliminate any high speed misses. 

I do appreciate the explanation. However, I will still be reluctant to purchase one of your products due to the service I recieved after the sale. Ultimately, at the end of the day, I lost $150 at the expense of your company learning that this product did not work on all aplications. The truth is every company has products that do not work as designed every time, and every company makes mistakes. The difference is how a company deals with the problem, and in my case, I just fealt ripped off.

as i stated in your other post i figured i would post this here for other member to see, in case they didnt see the other thread. With all the issues i have herd and see friends go through a couple stators i wouldn't buy one. My opinion is send some out in the public to see how they with stand high hp, aggressive riding, drag racing, trail riding, hill climbing etc etc.  Just cause you come on here and say we changed this and that is definitely not going to get banshee owners to buy them. Feedback from actual members experience with the new design might help. Just my .02

• Like 1

What are you using for a pickup?  I have seen and Im sure a bunch of guys on here, night and day differences of the performance of a banshee with an oem and your stator.  Just with stock coil and cdi.  Not busting balls but did you buy your parts from this guy??

wangcrank_zps08186d0f.jpg