YFX450~Banshee brake conversion

The spindles are aluminum and lighter than the banshee spindles, they are a direct replacement without modification. The hubs are not interchangeable, you will have to use YFZ hubs.

No big advantage to switching over everything, I did simply because I had all the stuff.

The geometry of the spindles is different on a few levels, not sure of any downside or positive to that. I haven't ridden my bike in a long time, this build is taking ages but I've changed so many things I'd never notice a difference in bump steer from before. It's very possible.

• 1 year later...

I did the complete 450 swap on my banshee, A-arms, hubs, brakes and then put raptor 700 shocks on it.  I love them and it made the banshee ride a lot smoother and not so bumpy.  The brake caliber itself on a banshee is a single piston and on the 450 it is a dual piston caliper.  I don't think I will ever ride hard enough to notice the difference in the caliper's but it was just easy to do and swap on the banshee

• 2 weeks later...

If you do the swap, you should swap everything and use SS braided lines. Main issue with stock banshee brakes is not the caliper but the stock rubber lines swelling and making them feel mushy.

Then i will make sure i get SS braided lines with my banshee brake components. Any other recommendations while it's down to the frame getting rebuilt? It will be at +3+1 as well.