Smart carb

crash&burn

If you're that broke buy some stock carbs, sell that carb to someone else and let them be the guinea pig.

I have 2 sets of stockers.

In nebraska,, that's not THAT broke. Money is money,, comes an goes. Should have enough money for the carb next week, but will have to save up for the intakes.

What kind of intakes should I be lookin at for the best clearence?

Cant believe I read every post on every page in this thread only to find out what I assumed woud be the verdict before I finished page one...was a cool idea, but it needs to be... :flush:

This was just with one carb. In my mind it shoulda worked, but that's just me. 2 carbs should get it done..

Tricked2stroke has two,, but you don't see him doin anything with it.. At least I keep movin along.lol

I shouldnt have been a negative nancy.  If all the issues get worked out, it could be a great new variable to add the the banshee build's we all do.  I only ride in the oregon dunes, so I wouldnt get much use out of one.  But for the people who ride in various elevations and temps, i assume it will be much easier to tune like i said, after the issues get worked out. 

Thanks,, yea,so far I'm only in about 680$ with just the 1 carb an cable, an this second is gonna drive it up another $8-900, with the carb, intakes an filters. Hope all works out this time around. If not I'm not too worried. I do think they'll give a refund if all is fucked.

Just hope to be ready for the LSOK ride,,,, smartcarb or not.

"Yes I do recommend duals, and not because I want to sell you an additional carburetor. The port timing and pipe effect are designed to work as individual cylinder units, especially if using twin pipes. So I really believe your best results will be achieved by running twin carbs. "

From Corey last week or so..

No,, originally I was talkin to Steve tutt. An all he said was they've used 36,38, and 40mm on banshees an if I was lookin for more low end to go with the 36mm,,

I clearly stated many times that i was goin to be running a single.

They foward me to Corey when I started having issues..lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well,, after waiting an waiting for an invoice. Chad called, so i called him back, an finally got Kim to send an invoice. Received the carb today.

First thing was the bowl is a different color.. Not a big deal, but still, wtf..

y6a7umy8.jpg

Next I pull the slide out, an sure as shit, the needles are different length's.. The one I had originally has no markings what so ever. An this one I just got says Q11, an is about a 1/4" longer.

aranyrez.jpg

duhapu6a.jpg

Wonder what they're next move is.

Bout ready to tell them to shove it up they're ass..

:stupid:

Anyway, I bought the single individual intakes that have the M-VM36-200 boots. Pretty sure they're a 70mm spread..

Are there rubber boots that will fit these intakes and stock carbs, so I don't have to buy all new? I can't seem to find any.. Maybe slot the holes on some to make em fit..

mugajy6a.jpg

sereme4y.jpg