Smart carb

crash&burn

Got it out today.

At first it definatly seemed lean, had a flat spot before it'd take off. Been clicking it richer, and its getting better. Still have to mess with it alittle more. Revs out great. Plenty of power. Did a plug chop in the mist of things.

u5emaqeq.jpg

Plugs I was running on. Were new.

ajaduneh.jpg

nyrajyqe.jpg

Sure was fun to just get out and ride. Been waitin forever.lol.

Things I didn't like.

-Fuel inlit is pretty short. Cast ones look longer though

-The way the cable hooks in the slide.

- kinda wish the tension was a little stronger.

- wish there was a way to have an overflow Incase the float wasn't sealing.

pe7etahe.jpgbehejy3a.jpgsahuru5a.jpg

Definitely would love to get it on a dyno to see the a/f curve. I'm pretty curious.

• Like 1

deff looks like an updated lectron in the float area  pretty cool you can change out the dump tubes.. i like the fact of the circlips on the floats BUT i feel just using a hung float wold have been better anyways...

easy tension is the reason for a single?  and as long as the throttle dosent stick or hang its fine.  just a thought..

the way these work its going to have to have a sealed float chamber.  with a drain the float wont be able to pressure match to the incoming signal..   its the one thing thats scary about them  if the float sticks like you have already dealt with  your looking at a hydrolocked motor..   just be sure to shut the fuel off after rides..  and watch the sides for fuel coming up the sides of those feed tubes.. that can indicate an overflow condition.  i had read those are one way shut off valves but if thats the case there is onkly one other way for the fuel to come out...  and thats down the dump..

get it jetted in and then i would love to see how much you have to change it during the different seasons.. 

• 2 weeks later...

So what was ever figured out? Any updates on how you like the carb or how it performs or if it even works?

It works..lol, was lean, i richined it up bout 10-15 "clicks".. Then I was rich, so now I'm slowly clickin it back leaner.. And keeps getting better.. I fucked my finger up at work. So I haven't had a chance to take it on its 3rd ride yet.

I can't really give a solid answer on how it performs cause I never ran the pwk on this set of cylinders. But so far, all is well. Definitely better than my ol' 215# comp. trinity motor with the pwk.

Can you tell us what you like about it?

- overall design,

- how close it actually was out of the box

- starts easy.

- real easy to make adjustments.

- polishes up easy

- I like that it has Allen head bolts over the soft Phillips heads.

- still contemplating if I like the easy tension or not,, its nice when rideing. But does seem like it wouldn't take much to get hung up.

Overall I'm happy with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...