New Banshee H/O Lighting Stator Looking for R&D Tester

RaceTech Electric

Hey guys, thanks so much for the great reception! I'm glad to be on the forum. I'll try and help out as much as I can and answer electrical and technical questions. I'm pretty busy, but I'll definitely try and chime in. I've talked to locogato about advertising, and I'll buy a premium membership as well, so I hope I'm legal on here now. I don't want to step on anybody's toes.

So, a few things. I saw a need for a good high output stator for the Banshee's. I know the general opinion of the other brands making high output stators is not that great. I'm hoping to change the game on these as well as your opinions! First off, my stator is not modeled after any other brand. Staying confined to the same physical core measurements of the OEM stator, you only have so many choices for arranging the charging coil/s & ignition source coil. I chose to array the ignition source coil evenly spaced on non-consecutive poles. From my testing this keeps temperature down in the windings quite a bit more compared to using all of the ignition poles in order, similar to the Electrosport stator.

Now, my stator is built with 2 single phase charging poles. This is done mainly for flexibility. Each coil has an individual wire run out through the harness. The other end of each coil is tied together, and grounded to the stator core. This makes for dual lighting outputs to drive high wattage halogen bulbs, with only an AC regulator required. However, it also gives me the option to easily convert the same part number into a floated ground 200W single phase charging output, intended for use with a rectifier/regulator to charge a decent sized battery.

I intend to offer my stator as I manufacture it, with twin single phase outputs, and I will also modify it in-house, and offer a separate part number, with floated ground and a single phase 200W output for DC use.

All of my bench testing with a stock Banshee harness, coil, cdi, and plug shows no issues sparking at high RPM. However that doesn't totally replicate on-bike conditions, which is why I want to get these out and in use.

So, I'd like to send out the test stators on Monday morning.

Sprinklerman & Sheerider11 were the first guys to get ahold of me, they shot me PM's right away. I'd like to get you guys the stock dual - single phase stators for testing.

I'd like to send out to one more person to test the DC system. I will include stator modified for 200W single phase charging output, and I will include a single phase regulator/rectifier unit. I need somebody who already has a battery ready to mount, or mounted on the bike to charge, and a good load on the battery, like HID lights at the very least.

Who's up for the DC system testing? I need good solid feedback on this very quickly, so please make sure you're ready for it if you'd like to test for it.

thanks guys!

Evan

Evan, I shot you a PM regarding testing your stator. After looking at my schedule ,next week is going to be packed with work before our trip. We will be gone for 5 days. So i wont be able to do any testing before that. I thought i could squeeze it in BEFORE we left,but that's just not happening.

I would prefer for you to get a good,detailed review instead of the "rush job" id have to do before we leave town. If you don't mind waiting until we get back,i can defiantly do you a nice review,,and would be happy to do so. If you need it before then,then id look into sending the stator to any of the many qualified regulars on BHQ.

PM Tyler for any suggestions as far as who would be qualified to give you a fair review.

Thanks!

I would prefer for you to get a good,detailed review instead of the "rush job" id have to do before we leave town.

Yea X2 hopefully the guys he sends them to really do test them out instead of just looking to score free parts.

Edited by jbooker82

It's going to me, don't worry it's not gonna stay on my bike long. I have a few bikes to test it on then I'm gonna look to see who I can send it to. I'm looking to get it to some one with a serious drag bike or dune bike.

I'm gonna test it out, and bounce it around. I figured the best input would be better from multiple people.

Hey guys thanks for all the input. I'm sorry I've had a super busy week. I'm sending PM's back to confirm and will be shipping stators tomorrow, if you get back with your shipping address tonight.

I'll post up what stator went to whom, and if anything falls through, I'll select an alternate. Thanks for the great response!

It's going to me, don't worry it's not gonna stay on my bike long. I have a few bikes to test it on then I'm gonna look to see who I can send it to. I'm looking to get it to some one with a serious drag bike or dune bike.

I'm gonna test it out, and bounce it around. I figured the best input would be better from multiple people.

i have a 10 mill super cub that is a full drag ported drag bike....i could give it a try when your done with it if you would like....

Thanks Sheerider11,

I'm glad you like it! I'm very happy with these stators so far, I hope you guys really like them. Wail on em for, let me know!

I would like a local test bike here in San Diego, CA area to film a detailed video on the DC conversion process. Does anybody live in SoCal, and would be willing to loan me their Banshee for 1-2 weeks? You'll need to bring the bike to Carlsbad, CA 92011 (north county San Diego), and leave it for at least 10 days, then pick up. You will get a fully installed DC Banshee kit. I need one here to select my battery, battery box & mounting system, and do the conversion and install. This will help me take pictures for instructions, and have time to select and test all my components. I want to make a full DC conversion kit that is very fairly priced.

Let me know!

Evan

619-928-9015 office, or email me at evan@racetechelectric.com