New Banshee H/O Lighting Stator Looking for R&D Tester

RaceTech Electric

That's actually not us selling on eBay. Riders Passion, who you are referring to, is our largest dealer, mainly because they sell high quantities of our parts on eBay. They're great guys and do excellent work. The downside is, I have no control over the prices they set. I prefer my dealers sell at my retail price (set on my website), but I can't really force them to. They have to move their price around considerably to compete with the other guys on eBay. I consider this part $119 or so retail. I haven't put it on my website yet, but I will next week most likely. I preferred they held off on eBay selling until I had it listed for retail sale, but I had already given them specs and pictures and a dealer price structure...so too late! I was blown away to hear from them that they had to compete at a $45 price point with the Banshee stators. That's just plain ridiculous. These are easily worth double that price (and more)!!! Oh well. Part of the business.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Alright I rode the stator this past weekend. Bike ran just like normal had zero issues. About 35-45 minutes in, my bike shut off. Got it towed back to the truck.

I brought my original stator just in case. So first thought, stator sucks in putting the old one in. Try to kick over bike nothing. Zero spark. Okay, wacko offers me a spare coil worth a shot. Swap it, no spark. Okay, pull the cdi off my girls bike, fires first kick.

Now I'm not blaming Evan for my cdi. They can go out when ever. I spoke with him on the phone and he was really helpful. I have a new cdi coming in the mail. I am weary to put it back on my bike. But for the sake of research I will.

so let me tell you what I liked. The wires were a few inches longer which I liked. I could tuck away the wires easier. The plugs fit perfect, the rubber plug fit the case perfect, the stator fit right on my timing plate no problem.

The cdi I'm throwing it up as a coincidence so I will give it another try. If my cdi blows up this time I'm chucking this stator in the trash and Evan will pay for my next new one.

That's actually not us selling on eBay. Riders Passion, who you are referring to, is our largest dealer, mainly because they sell high quantities of our parts on eBay. They're great guys and do excellent work. The downside is, I have no control over the prices they set. I prefer my dealers sell at my retail price (set on my website), but I can't really force them to. They have to move their price around considerably to compete with the other guys on eBay. I consider this part $119 or so retail. I haven't put it on my website yet, but I will next week most likely. I preferred they held off on eBay selling until I had it listed for retail sale, but I had already given them specs and pictures and a dealer price structure...so too late! I was blown away to hear from them that they had to compete at a $45 price point with the Banshee stators. That's just plain ridiculous. These are easily worth double that price (and more)!!! Oh well. Part of the business.

Anyways, looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Just a quick question, and Sheerider11's post made me think of this. If this testing is for R&D, why have the stators already been made available to retailers for retail sale if there is no proof that they actually work?

Alright I rode the stator this past weekend. Bike ran just like normal had zero issues. About 35-45 minutes in, my bike shut off. Got it towed back to the truck.

I brought my original stator just in case. So first thought, stator sucks in putting the old one in. Try to kick over bike nothing. Zero spark. Okay, wacko offers me a spare coil worth a shot. Swap it, no spark. Okay, pull the cdi off my girls bike, fires first kick.

Now I'm not blaming Evan for my cdi. They can go out when ever. I spoke with him on the phone and he was really helpful. I have a new cdi coming in the mail. I am weary to put it back on my bike. But for the sake of research I will.

so let me tell you what I liked. The wires were a few inches longer which I liked. I could tuck away the wires easier. The plugs fit perfect, the rubber plug fit the case perfect, the stator fit right on my timing plate no problem.

The cdi I'm throwing it up as a coincidence so I will give it another try. If my cdi blows up this time I'm chucking this stator in the trash and Evan will pay for my next new one.

Thanks for the update, good talking to you yesterday. I am confident in this part, and have not seen any issues reliability-wise with these stators. I really think the CDI issue is a fluke, a coincidence. I have been developing stators for years, and it is very unlikely that the stator caused the CDI failure after 30 minutes of hard riding. Generally if an ignition source coil (like what is used on the Banshee stators) is producing too high of a peak voltage, it will damage or destroy the CDI box upon the first time it reaches peak. Sheerider confirmed he was riding hard and up against the rev limiter many times over his testing, which makes me think the stator was not the cause of the CDI failure. If it was a source coil producing incorrect (too high) peak voltage, the CDI would not have lasted anywhere near 20+ minutes of continuous use.

Thanks for the update and feedback! Stay in touch.

Just a quick question, and Sheerider11's post made me think of this. If this testing is for R&D, why have the stators already been made available to retailers for retail sale if there is no proof that they actually work?

Good point. I have no doubt whatsoever the stators 'work'. I lost my longterm local test bike that I had prototyped on (he moved), so I couldn't do long term reliability testing on them. That's what this is all about talking with you guys. I did however, send him a stator, and he confirmed fitment, spark, easy starting, and good performance across the RPM range. That was running the bike in his garage. So I had no doubt about the stators working. However, I don't like to go retail on my own website until longer term reliability testing is done. My web guy made a mistake, and submitted the pictures & data to our dealers. I caught most of them and put the part on hold until I gave the thumbs up. However, Riders Passion, who is a dealer of ours who sells on eBay, had already started the listing and paid the fees. They do high volume for us, and they wanted to keep it running since it was doing well and getting traffic. I let them, although I explained I was still in final testing of the parts. They were OK with that and accept returns, so they left it up.

I also have one of the RM 200w stators for $50 on my bike, it even came with the regulator needed to run the extra watts. My bike runs hard with no issues, and I beat on it all day this past sunday.

just put one of the rmstatorinc stators in our 87 shee works great,fts good, lights work awsome.

I also have one of the RM 200w stators for $50 on my bike, it even came with the regulator needed to run the extra watts. My bike runs hard with no issues, and I beat on it all day this past sunday.

Gary (sheerider1026) rewinds them with top quality wire, and makes them bulletproof. For 49 bucks for the stator, adjustable timing plate, and regulator, it can't be beat. He said he bought one just to rewind to keep as a spare. Might be worth hitting him up if your RM ever has a problem, or if you just want the added peace of mind. I have heard that RM's are one of the best aftermarket stators on the market.