Shearer or sniper pipes

I thought these pipes were supposed to be the shit? why you sellin? Performance reasons?

He has posted in the past, the Snipers ran within one hundredths of his best Shearer run and the bike picked up 2 mph, I think the 60 foot was slower too. Also he has posted the power jets were shut off all the way with the Snipers and he will not mess up the tuneup for the Shearers and change needles in the Lectrons. Maybe J-madd will add or clarify if any of this is wrong.

I am trying to get them, I may have to sell my Shearers first.

Post them Shearers up for sale. People will pay good money for a proven pipe! :unsure:

He has posted in the past, the Snipers ran within one hundredths of his best Shearer run and the bike picked up 2 mph, I think the 60 foot was slower too. Also he has posted the power jets were shut off all the way with the Snipers and he will not mess up the tuneup for the Shearers and change needles in the Lectrons. Maybe J-madd will add or clarify if any of this is wrong.

Thats correct. Also the Snipers kept the motor cooler than Shearers. The power came on a little more violently and it spun more as well. As Jim mentioned about the acceleration earlier. I dont run the motor that they were tried on much anymore. I also have dyno runs back to back that show the accelleration difference but i dont want to post and cause a dyno critique thread. They are good pipes, but we really need to know the optimim exhaust port duration. Shearers like 194 to 196 Tballpark figure) CPIs like anything higher than that. 194* was the duration on the motor I ran. It may be that they are all around decent for any duration, but surely they have an optimum range. Dont forget that dome design goes habd in hand with the pipes. Jim sent me some domes that were better suited for those pipes, but ive got too much going on at the track to start over withe the tune.

60 got slower and the MPH went up????????????????????????????? WEIRD

60 got slower and the MPH went up????????????????????????????? WEIRD

Nothing weird at all....read J-Madds post a little closer. "Come on more violently, more tire spin". This would be indicative of MORE power. Tire spin= slower 60ft. times, 2 more MPH with basicly same ET and slower 60 ft times= better overall engine tune and not enough tire...Jim

Nothing weird at all....read J-Madds post a little closer. "Come on more violently, more tire spin". This would be indicative of MORE power. Tire spin= slower 60ft. times, 2 more MPH with basicly same ET and slower 60 ft times= better overall engine tune and not enough tire...Jim

I know he said it had more tire spin, but judging by something else he said a while back, he could never get heat on the plugs. It seems logical to me that it could be down on power at the start from being a tad rich, but at the finish actually be making more power because the engine is not over heating and losing compression. Or it could be what you said.

Ok...here we go again.

First off, I'm not a fan of Passion or Jim. I respect him as a builder, his riders love him, and that's what's important. I hold no ill will against him or his bikes. He's a smart guy, no doubt.

I just wanted to state I'm not a fan boy, to be clear.

Second, everyone is tagging Sniper PIpes with Passion, which is wrong. They are separate companies. Jim is selling them for Gary. He's their outlet....I honestly can't say if he has more, I don't know.

Third, I don't believe a thing WindyJohn says. When you have to put emoticons throughout your posts to be cute, funny or try to make your point...you lost ground. After his constant whining about Trinity, I don't have confidence in his ability or tuning skills. Especially since he's a Silver Lake dunes guy but yet I've never heard of or seen him at West Michigan drag which...is only a few miles away.

So separate a duner from a racer.

I sold my 10 mil cub to WheelmanSlim. It was always a runner. It had Shearers on it for 90% of it's life. I never ran small bore shearer on it...Chris did and said it picked up everywhere. He sold that motor.

Gary sent me a set of OOF test pipes in 2010. I only made one pass with them. A bearing pin/stay on my crank came loose and ruined my weekend of racing. One pass...so I can't comment on performance first hand, which I'm dissapointed with, and here's why...

The quality is outstanding. Welds, flange, fit, etc.

Matt builds a nice pipe. If he didn't, we wouldn't keep using that as the benchmark for drag racing. I had quality issues with my Shearer pipes. Matt and I both agreed we could have handled it better than we did. I hold no hurt feelings or grudges against him, and I hope he doesn't against me.

I'm planning on getting back in next year with an HJR OEM cylinder motor (trail port....lol, kidding) and a Wheelman Chassis. I am going to ask HJR and Gary to work together for an optimal setup for the pipes Gary gave me. That's only fair. Then we'll see what they can do.

I threw down the gauntlet a few months ago, I have OOF adjustable stinger pipes from Sniper. A reputable builder is welcome to test with them. All I asked is they take care of the pipes and pay for shipping.

People are too busy, or don't want to get into politics. First one through the brick wall always gets bloody...that's how it is.

Lastly, price. I'm tired of hearing about price. People spend an extra 50% on a part to have it chromed or polished which does absolutely nothing to make your bike faster, but yipe about extra money for a performance part.

What about tires? Tires are expensive as all hell...and you have absolutely no guarantee a $500 to $900 set of paddles will make you any faster or slower. But you buy them anyways.

That custom paint job that set you back a few K sure doesn't make you any faster. I'm tired of hearing about the price. Those that want to go faster will pay to do so.

Lectron carbs are probably twice the price of a set of PWKs. How much HP do they give you? Not much if any....but they are quicker and easier to tune IN MY OPINION.

Finally, unless you've personally ran these pipes, know FIRST hand and witnessed them on a dyno (who cares about a dyno) and or a track run...you have no room to talk. Go to the chat room or other discussion room to blabber. This guy asked for an opinion of the pipes, if you don't have the pipes, don't have any access to any REAL data or testing on them...what's the point of you posting??

I know I'm going to get hated on...but before you open your mouth, answer this question. Do you have the pipes this man asked about? If not...save your reply for someone else.

Ok...here we go again.

First off, I'm not a fan of Passion or Jim. I respect him as a builder, his riders love him, and that's what's important. I hold no ill will against him or his bikes. He's a smart guy, no doubt.

I just wanted to state I'm not a fan boy, to be clear.

Second, everyone is tagging Sniper PIpes with Passion, which is wrong. They are separate companies. Jim is selling them for Gary. He's their outlet....I honestly can't say if he has more, I don't know.

Third, I don't believe a thing WindyJohn says. When you have to put emoticons throughout your posts to be cute, funny or try to make your point...you lost ground. After his constant whining about Trinity, I don't have confidence in his ability or tuning skills. Especially since he's a Silver Lake dunes guy but yet I've never heard of or seen him at West Michigan drag which...is only a few miles away.

So separate a duner from a racer.

I sold my 10 mil cub to WheelmanSlim. It was always a runner. It had Shearers on it for 90% of it's life. I never ran small bore shearer on it...Chris did and said it picked up everywhere. He sold that motor.

Gary sent me a set of OOF test pipes in 2010. I only made one pass with them. A bearing pin/stay on my crank came loose and ruined my weekend of racing. One pass...so I can't comment on performance first hand, which I'm dissapointed with, and here's why...

The quality is outstanding. Welds, flange, fit, etc.

Matt builds a nice pipe. If he didn't, we wouldn't keep using that as the benchmark for drag racing. I had quality issues with my Shearer pipes. Matt and I both agreed we could have handled it better than we did. I hold no hurt feelings or grudges against him, and I hope he doesn't against me.

I'm planning on getting back in next year with an HJR OEM cylinder motor (trail port....lol, kidding) and a Wheelman Chassis. I am going to ask HJR and Gary to work together for an optimal setup for the pipes Gary gave me. That's only fair. Then we'll see what they can do.

I threw down the gauntlet a few months ago, I have OOF adjustable stinger pipes from Sniper. A reputable builder is welcome to test with them. All I asked is they take care of the pipes and pay for shipping.

People are too busy, or don't want to get into politics. First one through the brick wall always gets bloody...that's how it is.

Lastly, price. I'm tired of hearing about price. People spend an extra 50% on a part to have it chromed or polished which does absolutely nothing to make your bike faster, but yipe about extra money for a performance part.

What about tires? Tires are expensive as all hell...and you have absolutely no guarantee a $500 to $900 set of paddles will make you any faster or slower. But you buy them anyways.

That custom paint job that set you back a few K sure doesn't make you any faster. I'm tired of hearing about the price. Those that want to go faster will pay to do so.

Lectron carbs are probably twice the price of a set of PWKs. How much HP do they give you? Not much if any....but they are quicker and easier to tune IN MY OPINION.

Finally, unless you've personally ran these pipes, know FIRST hand and witnessed them on a dyno (who cares about a dyno) and or a track run...you have no room to talk. Go to the chat room or other discussion room to blabber. This guy asked for an opinion of the pipes, if you don't have the pipes, don't have any access to any REAL data or testing on them...what's the point of you posting??

I know I'm going to get hated on...but before you open your mouth, answer this question. Do you have the pipes this man asked about? If not...save your reply for someone else.

But it is ok for you to write a paragraph about your worthless opinion wiith one whole pass with these pipes? If I were in the market for a inframe pipe I would be looking at these or rockets simply because the fitment issues with shearers is not acceptable!

But it is ok for you to write a paragraph about your worthless opinion wiith one whole pass with these pipes? If I were in the market for a inframe pipe I would be looking at these or rockets simply because the fitment issues with shearers is not acceptable!

2 things. OOF frame pipe is definitely in play since there are more OOF pipes for drag racers out there than in-frame. Go to a track, tell me who runs in-frames. Performance is decided at the track with lights and timers.

The rest is for fun.

Second, Judge...do you own a set Snipers? No. You should have actually read what I wrote. I commented I don't know the performance. Thanks for co-signing on that. I commented on the quality and construction. Which is still more than you know. I tested the old rockets, not the new....they fit like shit. Good luck getting to your plugs or your fuel valve. And it was like having beer kegs between your knees.

If you would take your head out of your ass for just a moment, I can promise you my opinion holds just a drop or two more water than yours. I've forgotten more shit than you'll ever know.

I've made more passes on a track than miles you'll ride on the trails. My old bike saw over a thousand passes easily over the years.

Why don't you do a little research before you open your mouth and get in a pissing match in which you can't even find your dick...and if you did, you wouldn't know what to do with it.

2 things. OOF frame pipe is definitely in play since there are more OOF pipes for drag racers out there than in-frame. Go to a track, tell me who runs in-frames. Performance is decided at the track with lights and timers.

The rest is for fun.

Second, Judge...do you own a set Snipers? No. You should have actually read what I wrote. I commented I don't know the performance. Thanks for co-signing on that. I commented on the quality and construction. Which is still more than you know. I tested the old rockets, not the new....they fit like shit. Good luck getting to your plugs or your fuel valve. And it was like having beer kegs between your knees.

If you would take your head out of your ass for just a moment, I can promise you my opinion holds just a drop or two more water than yours. I've forgotten more shit than you'll ever know.

I've made more passes on a track than miles you'll ride on the trails. My old bike saw over a thousand passes easily over the years.

Why don't you do a little research before you open your mouth and get in a pissing match in which you can't even find your dick...and if you did, you wouldn't know what to do with it.

I did not offer any opinions and I am not the one starting a pissing match! I was stating that your opinion is not gods word and telling others what they can post is out of line! You come out of nowhere bashing windy and now you are cussing me for no reason. Your post offered nothing to this thread! I ride tracks and dunes, You should know that by sig mods you fucking grease monkey!!! How the hell do you know what I own or have owned? One simple statement I made and you are the one talking out of your ass. Go dip your knuckles jerk off!

I did not offer any opinions and I am not the one starting a pissing match! I was stating that your opinion is not gods word and telling others what they can post is out of line! You come out of nowhere bashing windy and now you are cussing me for no reason. Your post offered nothing to this thread! I ride tracks and dunes, You should know that by sig mods you fucking grease monkey!!! How the hell do you know what I own or have owned? One simple statement I made and you are the one talking out of your ass. Go dip your knuckles jerk off!

A. Obviously you don't know me either, I'm not a grease monkey, I'm a white collar office douche bag. Get it right.

B. I've owned both pipes, still own the Sniper, more than I can say for you, so I offer more to the thread than you do.

C. I'm sorry if I offended you and your butt hurt about Windy. You can have bottom for him tonight, if it makes you feel better.

D. You come on here Stating my opinion is worthless. I'm here to say it holds more weight than yours, which...you don't have by the way....who told who their opinion is worthless? so...

E. E is for Eat Shit.

F. F is for the Fuck in Go Fuck Yourself...dumbass.

Sig mods? you think I'm going to give you that kind of respect by actually reading that from you? Do you have the coolest or fastest signature here? Sweet...go get 'em Sig Racer...