Shearer or sniper pipes

Heads up, index, or bracket? In frame or out? What cc is the bike? What is the best time it has ran? This question is for both bikes that are running the sniper that were mentioned.

Here is some video he has in another thread, its heads up racing with displacement limits for each class racing to 500 feet, it shows his et and mph.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/banshee332/?action=view&current=044.mp4

Edited by ban421shee

Gonna start by saying yes I have a passion motor, lets get that out of the way. Jim knows his shit i have one of the hardest running 4mil around and theres NO denying that.

Many on this site can vouch for that statement.. Im on my 2nd passion motor and his shit runs.

Anyway, Im very anal when it come to my bike. I like when shit fits and mounts properly, not a fan of spacing this and adjusting that so it doesnt hit here or rub on that. FUCK THAT SHIT. Not knowing first hand how terrible they actually were I bought some shearers off this site, never seen them i had them shipped directly to JL for some chroming. Now prior to this i have ridden a bike with shearers but i have NEVER mounted a set.

Once i got mine back i bolted them up for the busco trip, they literally had 3 rides on them, guess they werent "spaced" properly and the header pipe rubbed the head and cracked the inside of the pipe. IMO that is bullshit, shearers have been around long enough and there has been more than enough complaints for Matt to man up and tweek the design just ever so slightly. I have the original plastics on my bike from 2000- these piece of shit shearers melted my fucking plastics.

Honestly everyone claims they run hard, i guess they do although i didnt see much improvement over my cpi's- but the simple fact that they fit so poorly they will never been mounted on any of my bike EVER, unless its to test on a dyno pipe to pipe

That being said, If i had to sacrafice a few HP to run a better fitting pipe bet your ass i will, its principle to me.

I did receive a test set of snipers which i wasnt able to test yet. The fit and craftsmanship is absolutely amazing. They 100000000% fit better than any pipe on the market and that is absolute fact. They had me sold right there.

Although the snipers weren't baised around my motor, I did order a set..

So we'll see what happens

i had four different sets of pipes on my quad.. trinity,t5s,fmfs, shearers!! out of all four pipes my shearers were hands down the BEST for fit and finish out of the bunch!! :confused: however i have taken them off because they did not suit my riding style!! pulled like a mofo on the big end tho!!

Edited by special06shee

Once i got mine back i bolted them up for the busco trip, they literally had 3 rides on them, guess they werent "spaced" properly and the header pipe rubbed the head and cracked the inside of the pipe. IMO that is bullshit,

Same thing happened with my CPIs. I guess snipers are the only choice

Haters are going to hate. I can care less. I run them and seem to win races . Good enough for me. Like I said in other post my cub was built off of shearers even before snipers where even thought of. I tryed out the snipers and somehow all my shearer pipes where sold. It might of been because I turned lower e.ts and more mph I'm not sure just taken a shot in the dark.

Haters are going to hate. I can care less. I run them and seem to win races . Good enough for me. Like I said in other post my cub was built off of shearers even before snipers where even thought of. I tryed out the snipers and somehow all my shearer pipes where sold. It might of been because I turned lower e.ts and more mph I'm not sure just taken a shot in the dark.

In the video, you only out mph'd the other guy by less than .5 mph but you won by almost 4 tenths. That bike pulls hard in the middle of the track and seems to be very explosive. What is your true opinion on what some call peaky torque and no usable power versus broad power?

In the video, you only out mph'd the other guy by less than .5 mph but you won by almost 4 tenths. That bike pulls hard in the middle of the track and seems to be very explosive. What is your true opinion on what some call peaky torque and no usable power versus broad power?

I'll put it this way you can kill it with gear and it will not bog. You can short shift and the power will not fall off as much like it did when I ran shearers. No im not knocking sheares they are very good pipes also. That was my very first run of the year. I have it runnin for most part 96-99 mph. The bike will run high 5's just trying to gett it out faster . It likes to light the tires up and still hook decent if that makes Sence. Matt I run snipers

I'll put it this way you can kill it with gear and it will not bog. You can short shift and the power will not fall off as much like it did when I ran shearers. No im not knocking sheares they are very good pipes also. That was my very first run of the year. I have it runnin for most part 96-99 mph. The bike will run high 5's just trying to gett it out faster . It likes to light the tires up and still hook decent if that makes Sence. Matt I run snipers

99mph in 500 feet on gas, that's sick. Don't guess you were all that worried about your engine being in the Passion/Shearer challenge!!!!

Brad, how hard are Snipers to tune in? How long did it take or how many trips to the track to get it to run like it does now?

Around 4-5 passes, it was pretty close to what I had it with the shearers, im still tweaking things here and there, I know it has more, just mostly clutch and chassi.