29L/R STRIKES AGAIN

OBVIOUSLY you fucks are smarter than I....

172 HP stock thunder cat..... NO WAY

100HP 70s 440..... NO WAY

You idiots having a clue..... NO WAY

Keep smokin that shit!!!!!!!!

Im sure you own a 100MPH stock banchee as well!! I dont need, want, or have time to continue this argument. If these numbers are what you believe them good for you. You can call me names, say Im stupid, (which is a known fact) or whatever you wish. However if you you wanna line up against my sleds (or my bike for that matter) just let me know. If you have something that would run with my junk I would expect you to be smarter than you are leading on and if you were to win, then I for one will openly tell you that you have some badass shit.. :cheers:

PS.... Builder is correct, Im 19

N2O FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

If you look at my pictures in that other thread you will also see that's exactly where my rod broke as well. But no no it can't be the shitty rods. Must just be because we didn't have "pro's" put the motors together. Fuckin joke

I'm using hot rods on a motor making over 10x the HP of what a stock banshee does. no problems in 4yrs... Just look at how many OEM cranks are on ebay with bad rods.. they all fail. And last I checked.. OEM dont make 115mm rods.. soooo.. what ya gonna do? shrug.gif Pick the best you can and hope for the best..

as for the sled reference.. that guy added 30% more power.. if you add the same % increase to a banshee you get 40 HP. People are adding well over 200% HP to these motors. Thats like asking that sleds stock crank to handle over 450HP with no modifications.. dont see that happening. The cranks from the sleds use larger bearings.. bigger rods.. all around beefier. Again.. sled comparison is not a good reference... Compare a MXZ800 crank next to a banshee crank.. Its HUGE! gotta compare apples to apples..

I've seen stock motors go 15yrs.. No way is a 80hp bike lasting that long (unless you never ride it). You want reliable.. keep it stock.. You want more power, Start rolling the dice.. the more you add.. the greater the odds of a failure. I'm done. Bolt.gif

You have a 300+ HP Banshee? Proof?

That's correct guys.....the reason that rod broke is because you guys didnt have a "pro" engine builder like M&M or some of the other "pro" builders that are members of this site. You guys forgot that these "pro" builders shit differently than us and put on the pants differently than us, and that makes all the world of difference in engine assembly. Pffffft......THESE RODS AND CRANKS ARE WHATS FUCKEN JUNK!!! ITS NOT IN THE ASSEMBLY OR JETTING OF THESE ENGINES THAT CAUSES THE RODS TO BREAK. ITS CAUSE THAT WANG CRANK GUY DOEAN'T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST CLUE ON WHAT IS A PROPER MATERIAL TO USE TO MAKE A ROD. YOU NEED SOMETHING WITH SOME FUCKEN YIELD STRENGTH!!!!

For all of you guys out there that have this 29L/R crank in your atv, tear that bitch down and throw the crank away, before it makes you HAVE to throw the whole engine away. Its not worth it. Sure you can listen to the guy that sold the crank to you, telling you to keep it in there, cause when it breaks he will sell you more parts to fix it and he wins twice on you.

I'm not saying there aren't other factors like jetting and all the other little shit. That all plays a HUGE part. But the rods themselves = garbage. And not everyone is incapable of building and or assembling things such as motors for these things. Remember all the pros are normal people too and probably started working on these in there garages just like everyone else.

Coupelx, I thought that was great too........pffffft Fouledout having a banshee with 10x the hp of others. Whatever. The only way it would is if it was a 4cyl R1 motor with a turbo on it.

I really can't believe it took you guys that long to notice that.. yelrotflmao.gif

Bottom line is aftermarket Taiwan banshee rods suck and are weak. End of story.

my point was... 90% of all big hp banshee's use taiwan rods with very minimal rod failure.