My review: CPI vs. Sniper inframe

87sheerips

Yes you just prove that you are really smart......If he is unemployed, the money he gets from unemployment is actually the money he already worked for from his previous employment. So i guess you are one of them guys who has alot of money & no sense.... :rotflmao:

Now back to the original topic SIR

more haters ... :)

Quality and fitment on my OOF snipers (test build pipes) were excellent. Do his inframe pipes have the double Oring at the header?

Welds are nice, I got mine raw....a little elbow grease, a scotchbrite pad and WD40 keep them looking nice. Just make sure you clean them after the ride, don't wait weeks.

Quality and fitment on my OOF snipers (test build pipes) were excellent. Do his inframe pipes have the double Oring at the header?

Welds are nice, I got mine raw....a little elbow grease, a scotchbrite pad and WD40 keep them looking nice. Just make sure you clean them after the ride, don't wait weeks.

Yes the in-frames have the double orings at the header.

i didnt buy them for jenns cause at the time i had just gotten a set of show chrome CPI's that were perfect.

then i came across a set of same side outframe shears in show chrome hand coned. bought those for another build and now thats whats on the bike.

nickel starts to look like sheet after a year or so just like Pc fmf and other nickel plated pipes. i just cannot seem to want to have a bike of her's caliber with wd40 pipes or discolored nickel pipes with pits in them.. sorry.

what i meant was you cannot get them in show chrome for 750ish from jim direct... ( as far as i know) you can buy them in bare or nickel. for what i PERSONALLY WANT and would expect quality wise i would PERSONALLY want show chrome. and i would want NICE chrome not that bullshit that starts peeling after 6 months or starts to flake in 3... and to get that kind of quality costs $$$$ yea i already have about 12k in her bike already. and it sits there and looks nice with the shears on it just fine. i'd just feel for what we do with it when we ride it the snipers would be a better fit to the motor...

to me if these were retail 480-550 bare and 600-650 nickle they would sell better..

stainless!!! thats a great idear~! fully polished stainless would be the ultimate.... that would be killer. i love my stainless pipes i have on the trail bike..

to me if these were retail 480-550 bare and 600-650 nickle they would sell better..

stainless!!! thats a great idear~! fully polished stainless would be the ultimate.... that would be killer.

I totally agree with this....glad im not the only one that thinks like this....Thanks CAM

Those look pretty good. So what did the cost already coated? Without the across the world shipping

795 as advertised

they sure look good, but they did start to turn blue after awhile. Bike is not lean

CSC_0363.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chrome? If you want it shiny but don't got the cash, learn to fucking polish. Quit being lazy or learn to like the look of raw pipes. I bought the last set of original rockets but they were raw. To shine them up I just bought an aggressive buffing wheel with nylon rope sewn in to it, standard firm wheel, and a fine wheel. I keep plenty of REAL polish in the garage but bread and butter is black emery, white tripoli, and red jewlers rouge. I start with the pipe wrapped with a towel on one end and put it in a vise. Then I use the aggressive wheel with the black emery on a high speed drill. Next is the firm wheel with tripoli. Follow that with the fine wheel and rouge. Use a high end metal or chrome polish and your dick beater with an old towel to give it that wet luster. I use Master formula(masterformula.com) my RAW rockets look like chrome and they will never flake or chip.

Another option is ceramic, there is a company called NitroPlate.com and they do all that bad ass "chrome" looking work on NHRA top curlers and funny cars. I was quoted $22 bucks a foot on 2 stroke exhaust by them. However, some 2 stroke pipes respond well to ceramic coating and some are affected negatively by it. It just depends on how the pipe is designed to move the heat. I know for a fact that Matt Shearer has dynoed a set of his sb if pipes and it ruined the way the heat moved in his pipes and they were definitely effected negatively. So beware, you would be the guinea pig

The blue is sweet and the pipes look awesome chrome...

Thats not chrome, it's industrial Nickel , inside and out. Industrial engine manufacturers plate their crankshafts and then re-machine the crankshaft with this stuff. Can be buffed repeatedly to bring back to original luster, wont flake, wont rust ever......Jim

• 3 years later...