Vitos Superstock or Wiseco Pro Lite?

esseclipse

I asked this question a while back. Yes Vito's are Wiseco's. However some people have mixed emotions with them, some people stand by them others have had them blow up and wipe out a perfect motor. Vito's modifys them to their specs and they take 1mm off the exhaust side of the piston. This is supposed to get you more power almost like a port job. In my opinion i would go with Wiseco. They wouldnt be the leading piston manufacturer if they sucked and they know what works to get the most power and life out of them. The choice is up to you.

I'm not ported. Anyone have used either or both?

You'll make 8 more HP with the Vito's.

They are made by Wiseco for Vito's. (So you ARE getting Wiseco's)

I've run both and dyno'd both.

Till you decide to get some porting done...buy the Vito's, make the extra 8 HP and spend less money to get the pistons. It's a win-win for you.

I had Super Stocks in my Banshee at 64.5 they are a decent piston. You can ask Surfjag, it ran good for a stock motor and had great power. It is up to you. If you want to try it, they work. I wouldn't say I swear by them but they are a good piston that adds a little bit to the power of your stock motor.

Adam

O.K. I had a brand new motor once.............. New trued and welded hot rods crank ( stock stroke) I got the stock head cut a little, and had the builder install vito's super stocks. bike ran pretty good jetted with 330 mains, and vito's needles ( pretty rich?? so I thought??) the machine had stock carbs with no air box lid with K&N with adapter plate and pre-charger. well it burned up the right side piston. Burned a hole the size of a quarter right through the middle. I can't say what caused it?? I figured it was the super stocks because that was the only black magic going on in that motor. Upon rebuild I went with a .020 over set of wiseco pro-lites, new vitos hemi head with 21 or 20 cc domes??? cannot remember that far back. bought new rubber manifolds from upp as well as new rubber boots connecting the airbox just in case there was a crack that I did'nt see and was'nt leaving anything to chance. I also rejetted with 310 mains and re-installed my toomey needles on the 4.5 clip ( 4th with shim) and ditched the vito's needles, bike ripped. It puked coolant and I got a hot plug reading so i went down to br9es in place of the br8es and it has been stellar. No issues of overheating, machine now has 19cc domes running on 50/50 mix of 110 and 93 with 40:1 benol ( smells like circus peanuts..... awesome!!.) It now has probably 80 -100 hours on it. may need a rebuild soon but for now still going strong, ( compression started at 158 psi, now only getting 135ish?? guage may be f'ed up too it is older than dirt and bike was cold and had'nt been run in a few days.) I'd go Wiseco Sorry for the Loooooong story. Long day and I just was outside looking for the dog wink wink B)

O.K. I had a brand new motor once.............. New trued and welded hot rods crank ( stock stroke) I got the stock head cut a little, and had the builder install vito's super stocks. bike ran pretty good jetted with 330 mains, and vito's needles ( pretty rich?? so I thought??) the machine had stock carbs with no air box lid with K&N with adapter plate and pre-charger. well it burned up the right side piston. Burned a hole the size of a quarter right through the middle. I can't say what caused it?? I figured it was the super stocks because that was the only black magic going on in that motor. Upon rebuild I went with a .020 over set of wiseco pro-lites, new vitos hemi head with 21 or 20 cc domes??? cannot remember that far back. bought new rubber manifolds from upp as well as new rubber boots connecting the airbox just in case there was a crack that I did'nt see and was'nt leaving anything to chance. I also rejetted with 310 mains and re-installed my toomey needles on the 4.5 clip ( 4th with shim) and ditched the vito's needles, bike ripped. It puked coolant and I got a hot plug reading so i went down to br9es in place of the br8es and it has been stellar. No issues of overheating, machine now has 19cc domes running on 50/50 mix of 110 and 93 with 40:1 benol ( smells like circus peanuts..... awesome!!.) It now has probably 80 -100 hours on it. may need a rebuild soon but for now still going strong, ( compression started at 158 psi, now only getting 135ish?? guage may be f'ed up too it is older than dirt and bike was cold and had'nt been run in a few days.) I'd go Wiseco Sorry for the Loooooong story. Long day and I just was outside looking for the dog wink wink B)

hole in the piston means you are lean...not the pistons fault.either air leak or not enough fuel.

Sorry badlarry but you're too proud to admit you either had an air leak or plugged main jet. If it was black majic from the pistons wouldn't they both have melted?

If these were available for long rods I'd probably use them rebuilding my son's. :cheers:

True. Pistons don't burn holes in pistons, otherwise they would just burn up in the box. :shootself:

Guns don't kill people...People kill people.

Pistons don't trash new motors...poor builders/poor jetting trash new motors.

(Funny how everyone says 2 stroke motors can't be held wide open for very long....yet my 2-stroke leaf blower runs WIDE OPEN till both my yard and my neighbors are cleared of leaves every fall. That takes 2 tanks of fuel.) :whoa: I'm guessing it's jetted fat. ;)

Plug chops and jetting.......it's the only way to make a carb know what to do. YOU are the bikes ECM. :lol:

• 1 month later...

both are good, vitos banshee pistons are not wiesco, there blaster ones are. its best to port your cyls and use weisco. or get new cyls and use weisco :). pistons dont cause problems the engine builder does this all on his own.

Sorry "themechanic" you're full of shit.

Blaster's OE bores are 66mm.

The pistons are forged and made by Wiseco to Vito's specs.

Edited by Strm Trpr