Lock Out/Lock-Up Tuning

SlowerThanYou

Don't want to hijack this post so PM me if interested. I WILL NOT reply to any questions here.

If any of you are interested in trying some synthetics I have 6 qts of Redline light I'll sell at a killer price.

It was recommended by my tranny guy (R&D Motorsports). 

Link to product:  http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=43&pcid=8

Don't want to hyjack this post so PM me if interested. I WILL NOT reply to any questions here.

If any of you are interested in trying some synthetics I have 6 qts of Redline light I'll sell at a killer price.

It was recommended by my tranny guy (R&D Motorsports). 

Link to product:  http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=43&pcid=8

I found this pretty funny. Tedder is probably one of the best ATV clutch tuner's in the business. This is his first post in this thread & he's Peddling/Spamming his wares. LOL!

All kidding aside, rest assured anything he sells is as described.

• Like 1

I want to say that you have really open my eyes on this clutch tunning, thanks slowerthanyou..... And about 1st gear launch soooo true!!!!!

I'm glad I have someone I don't know, using some of my things I preach or whatever you call it. 1st gear launches work very well on 300' sand/dirt when done right. 

the change that was made was all base pressure, week one testing was 3.84-3.86 1.37 60ft 79.1mph. Week 2 was 3.75-3.77 1.33 60ft 80.2mph. The bike is a 4mill cub, I'll keep my times updated as I test more

I talked with phunt on the phone the other day for the 1st time. He has been following a few of my topics & we have done some PMs. I'm glad he chimed and provided some actual outside feedback of what can be done.

Here's another member pulling excellent 60's, by following some basics. 1.3 something 60's is nothing to shake a stick at!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's our basic spring pressure tool set-up around $100. You can upgrade to a Rimac Spring tester starting around $600 and the digitals are even higher.

100_0671Medium.jpg

That's the right way to do that....

If you are going to buy the Rimac unit, you might as well step up to a $20k valve spring dyno. :bunny:

Yep, clutch plates.

Right on. Give the other hard parts a go as well. I even do the springs.

I noticed that manually slipping the clutch or setting the clutch up to slip out of the turns made my lever go almost limp after 20 laps. Then once the bike cooled it was back to normal. Once I started doing the springs that problem was solved. Wondering if it would help you drag guys with more consistent springs.

Well I've tried 14/42, 15/44 and 16/42 and 44 and I'm still getting massive wheel spin launching. I've tried 2nd but spins like hell too. Is this when I need to start adding or subtracting weight from the lockout? I even tried going from a 12 paddle extreme to a 12 stag extreme and no difference. Both set of tires measure 22x12x8 with 74+ ro.<br /><br />Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I totally forgot to add that I'm running all heavy springs on the clutch, billet basket if that matters and I'm down to 3 psi in the tires. I'm not sure if I should run them any lower. Oh, and a +6 swinger and struts. <br /><br />Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Ditch the heavy springs so the clutch will actually slip.

I'm going to replace them with the stock springs tonight and run it in the morning. Or should I try 3 stock and 3 hd first? I don't see how I can be blowing the tires off with this motor. I have some 14 paddle haulers I can try also. It almost feels like I don't have enough tire.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2