Project frame chop

domestic_beotch

The current 450 shocks are more for the ice/flat track, as well as the adjustment holes on the arms. Kinda how some old school open wheel circle track cars & late model racers would se up control arms. Set the height, and even put the out side tire up one hole over the inside to help shove the quad in to the corner.

I'm sure come spring I'll con him in to a real set of long travel shocks for the trails.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome build, I just finished my YFZ conversion and this looks like another project for the near future! How much would you have to extend the a arms to get to a 50 inch track width? If it was 50 in track width how long do you think the shocks would have to be to get a normal ride height? I love to see home project like these that can be done with basic tools, This looks like a good project for anyone with a little ambition. This might be what I do to build the wife a bike.

Sry no update pics yet. Spent the weekend working on Friends cars for free:( got the sway bar and +4 axle on tho. Went down to Komisar for some more parts. Got a tank, bars, pegs, hand guards, hardware, hubs, and more. I do need a small rear sprocket for use with 18" tires. Maybe 39 or 38 teeth?

• 2 weeks later...