Banshee won't start by kick starter only by pushing?

itscody

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason my banshee will only start if I push it.

I try to kick start it. But it won't start.

After riding forva while it will start sometimes.

x3 on the top end rebuild but it wont hurt to do a compression test and post your result just in case.

Don't "punch" anything out unless you need to. Sure your cyls might need bored. Don't do it just to do it expecting some jump in Hp

I agree, don't waste your bores trying to make power. Check your static compression and see where you're at. That will be a good place to start. If compression checks out OK, then it might just be a jetting issue or weak ignition. Give Kevin @ HJR a call if you do need to rebuild, he can hook you up with everything you need at a great price. Nice guy to work with!

- Jared

okay cody.... lets start simple. how hard do you have to push it to get it to start? when you rebuilt it did you clean the carbs out? how about re-stall the choke tube that goes between the carbs? if the tube IS installed in teh right spot then i would do a compression test real quick and let us know where your running with compression. did you happen to do a leakdown test when you finsihed the rebuild?

My spark looks like its yellow instead of blue as well

I didn't paint anything.

How do I change stator exactly. And usually after I get it started. I have 1 person pushing me for. A sec and it starts.

I don't have anything to check compression. And as far as leaks own test how do I do that.

I've rebuilt multiply banshees but never ran into this problem.

Did you do a leak-down test after your rebuild? Did you check your squish clearance? Did you check your compression? What's your current jetting? Have you ohm'd out your stator and coil to see if they are within spec?

Yikes I have no idea how to check any of that.

But just buy locking it. It seems to have great compression.

And when it's running it runs decent.