Stock crank vs +4 mill stroker long rod

marcboy62

I just want to know if there is a big difference between a motor with a stock crank and one with a +4 mill stroker long rod, cool head with stroker domes, and wiseco 795 pistons. Tell me about low end mid and top end. Is fiability will be the same or it will decrease? Does it worth the twice of the price of a stock motor? Thank you!!

ps. its to drag w my friend and to ride everywhere and do a little biit of mx :P

Edited by marcboy62

Agreed, if both were properly set up.

However, if you throw a 4 mil crank into stock stroke top end and patch it all together, the gains will be less than optimum.

i dont know what you mean by a stock stroke top end.. are you talkin about a porting? cuz i have 65mm cylinders..

No hes talking about installing a spacer between your cases and your cylinders in order to make your stock cylinders 4mm taller to allow for the new length of travel from your 4 mil connecting rods.

Porting has nothing to do with what length rods you use. Porting has to do with opening up your transfers and potentially adding a thrid port to your stock cylinders to increase fuel and airflow.

The 65mm pistons refers to the bore size of your cylinder, and really boring a cylinder to add power is a waste of money.

The 4 mil kit that youre talking about is going to considerably increase power, if installed correctly.

You my friend need to buy a Clymers manual to help out with some of the terminology and to do routine maintenance to your bike, it will save you money.

• Like 1

No hes talking about installing a spacer between your cases and your cylinders in order to make your stock cylinders 4mm taller to allow for the new length of travel from your 4 mil connecting rods.

Porting has nothing to do with what length rods you use. Porting has to do with opening up your transfers and potentially adding a thrid port to your stock cylinders to increase fuel and airflow.

The 65mm pistons refers to the bore size of your cylinder, and really boring a cylinder to add power is a waste of money.

The 4 mil kit that youre talking about is going to considerably increase power, if installed correctly.

You my friend need to buy a Clymers manual to help out with some of the terminology and to do routine maintenance to your bike, it will save you money.

Well said. A correctly put together 4mil will have a way broader power curve than a stock stroke.

My suggestion would be to hit up a site sponsor and have them set your motor up....best to leave it to the experts IMO.

yeah but i just heard bad comments about a spacer because its supposed to make an air leak bla bla bla... and if i just put a cool head with stroker domes, with ported cylinders and 795 wiseco pistons i dont think i need everything else. it will not be a stock stroke top end because of the cool head with stroker domes....

i dont know what you mean by a stock stroke top end.. are you talkin about a porting? cuz i have 65mm cylinders..

yeah but i just heard bad comments about a spacer because its supposed to make an air leak bla bla bla... and if i just put a cool head with stroker domes, with ported cylinders and 795 wiseco pistons i dont think i need everything else. it will not be a stock stroke top end because of the cool head with stroker domes....

Thats correct, I was commenting on your question, rather than the correct way to setup a 4 mil. Although the porting isnt neccessary, its just a good idea.

Also, youre Title may be confusing you, it should read "Stock stroke vs 4 mil".

Stock crank can still remain the same with a 4 mil rod, and +4 usually has more to do with timing, than rod length.

sorry, i was not angry after you :P i have the clymer manual too but im not an anglophone so i dont know all the english terms loll thank you for your answer , when i create my topic, i was confused about the bore of a cylinder and a porting, but now ive read a lot of things about it and banshee motor on internet and i know whats the difference between the two :P thank youu!

If you have to replace the crank then I would deffinatly drop in a 4mill.

Yes a stock stroke crank with ported cylinders will run circles around a 4mill that has non ported cylinders, but your compairing two different setups.

Non ported stock stroke crank < non ported 4 mill

Ported stock stroke < ported 4 mill

• 5 years later...