banshee featured in dirt rider magazine

I've also had both, I just sold my 400ex and I am keeping the Shee. The 400ex was a nice quad, a few poor designs on Honda's part in the reliability of the thing though. Head cover leaked constantly, even new gaskets didn't work, bolts stripped out for no apparent reason, head gasket leaked because of the studs pulling out of the cylinder, front sprocket fell off, I could go on. The 400ex was a better trail quad than the Banshee though, it just didn't have the power band hit like the Shee, so it was more controllable. And I know you can make a Shee's powerband not as wicked, but its still a two stroke, its never going to have the controllable torque right at the start of the powerband like a 4 stroke does. Everything else, banshee kicked its ass, lol. But if your purely trail riding, I'd get a 400ex over a shee.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moron, not even a half inch difference in seat height, but 2 in width? specs arent everything, i have both side by side and the 400 looks lower. even after looking the numbers, it doesnt matter. the 400ex has better geometry and suspension out of the box and is a great trail quad, PERIOD

Specs aren't everything? You just said that I need to read the specs on other quads. So, I go and read the specs and now since you were wrong, they don't mean anything? Nice try! You lose. I win. :headbang:

I personally don't think the 400EX is a "BAD" quad by any means. I do believe that they are good for beginners, or riding slow wheelies on though.

As for the DW staff, I think they should try a different brand of breakfast cereal before writing their articles !!!

Try Me !!!

You need to read the specs.. 400EX is KING!

exuses me hilly, but didnt you say the 400ex is talland narrow? well the specs you posted proves otherwise, so i win

Are you out of your mind? Do you not read well? Both the overall height and the seat height are higher on the 400EX. That's plain and simple to see. Yes, the 400EX is wider, but I still believe the Banshee to be more stable. Also, the Banshee has more suspension travel up front, which is where it really counts. The only thing the 400EX has going for it is that it's two inches wider which I still don't believe makes it more stable than the Banshee.

You are entirely too easy to clown on.

Are you out of your mind? Do you not read well? Both the overall height and the seat height are higher on the 400EX. That's plain and simple to see. Yes, the 400EX is wider, but I still believe the Banshee to be more stable. Also, the Banshee has more suspension travel up front, which is where it really counts. The only thing the 400EX has going for it is that it's two inches wider which I still don't believe makes it more stable than the Banshee.

You are entirely too easy to clown on.

o brother, only this site would claim a banshee to have better handling. the banshee has more travell in the front, does that make it ride better? NO! not everythings numbers southern boy. the seat height difference isnt even HALF AN INCH! and from where i stand, the 400 looks a little lower, atleast between my two.. so anything that sits higher is a tippy POS? simpleton

o brother, only this site would claim a banshee to have better handling. the banshee has more travell in the front, does that make it ride better? NO! not everythings numbers southern boy. the seat height difference isnt even HALF AN INCH! and from where i stand, the 400 looks a little lower, atleast between my two.. so anything that sits higher is a tippy POS? simpleton

Ok, a few things..

1. I am in Missouri, which is not much further south than you are. I am not sure why you keep calling me "hilly" and "southern." It just shows that you obviously can't read a map.

2. You're the one that made a big deal about checking the specs, so I did. Then you throw a big fit when I am right saying that the specs don't mean anything.

3. You're eye is crooked.

4. Your grammar, punctuation and spelling is atrocious. Seriously, have you inhaled too much coal dust or did you just not make it past the 3rd grade?

Ok, a few things..

1. I am in Missouri, which is not much further south than you are. I am not sure why you keep calling me "hilly" and "southern." It just shows that you obviously can't read a map.

2. You're the one that made a big deal about checking the specs, so I did. Then you throw a big fit when I am right saying that the specs don't mean anything.

3. You're eye is crooked.

4. Your grammar, punctuation and spelling is atrocious. Seriously, have you inhaled too much coal dust or did you just not make it past the 3rd grade?

why take the time to be perfect, am i being graded? if im so bad, then maybe you better start calling out the other 90% of your members. and i heard your hill billy voice, didnt you read when i said i saw that lame banshee hq video? banshee headquarters yeeeee haaaaw

I feel the large wheelbase and length of the banshee also the lower engine and ground clearance give it great high speed stability. Does it hurt the lower speed cornering? fuck yeah it does.

Just one more thing why are you ragging on people for being hillbillies? Your picture looks like you live in the fucking boonies somewhere and some deliverance type activities could start any second. Are you really that much above everyone else because of accident of birth?

To keep a part of this post on topic that banshee looks sick and Efi is coming a long way once it drops down to around a grand I'd buy that set up.

I feel the large wheelbase and length of the banshee also the lower engine and ground clearance give it great high speed stability. Does it hurt the lower speed cornering? fuck yeah it does.

Just one more thing why are you ragging on people for being hillbillies? Your picture looks like you live in the fucking boonies somewhere and some deliverance type activities could start any second. Are you really that much above everyone else because of accident of birth?

To keep a part of this post on topic that banshee looks sick and Efi is coming a long way once it drops down to around a grand I'd buy that set up.

i do live in the country, better then hearing your neigbors fucking all night... also living in the country makes you a hill billy now? ok i got it. atleast i dont SOUND like one

i see a couple apostrophes missing, and I'LL give you a hint.. dont correct someone else when you're no better pal

i never put apostrophes in words typing on forums, i dont need to, i just use the correct words and people can understand me.

there, their, theyre, well go over this on mondays lesson. :)

I will go through and pick your posts apart because my spelling, grammar and punctuation is perfect.

i believe the word "are" should have been used in that case of you naming multiple things to describe. im not100% sure, but i think you should replace "is perfect" with "are perfect"... any english majors around?

i never put apostrophes in words typing on forums, i dont need to, i just use the correct words and people can understand me.

there, their, theyre, well go over this on mondays lesson. :)

ok hypocrite, so you dont use 100% proper grammar, but bag on others for it? if you dont understand what im saying, then dont reply

the 400ex has better geometry

i love the "paper" argument

\ive ridden several quads that have "better geometry on paper" than a banshee, but they are not as comfortable and in my opinion didnt handle as well as my banshee... but i guess paper, numbers and engineers dont lie