banshee featured in dirt rider magazine

now - the seat height debate.

a banshees seat height is much lower than advertised because of the thickness of that cadillac soft foam, most sport atv seats are slim and stiff.

lets say hypothetically they had identical seat heights measured to the top of the foam, well once you have an equal weight rider sitting on both seats,the actual height of the bottom of the riders butt will be much lower than that of the rider on the 400ex, since the banshee already starts out 1/2" lower... once seated, it feels , and IS much lower than other quads seat heights

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok hypocrite, so you dont use 100% proper grammar, but bag on others for it? if you dont understand what im saying, then dont reply

i dont bag on others for grammar, i bagged you because you dont even know the difference between there , their, and the conjunction of they + are.

cmon, dont be so sensitive

now - the seat height debate.

a banshees seat height is much lower than advertised because of the thickness of that cadillac soft foam, most sport atv seats are slim and stiff.

lets say hypothetically they had identical seat heights measured to the top of the foam, well once you have an equal weight rider sitting on both seats,the actual height of the bottom of the riders butt will be much lower than that of the rider on the 400ex, since the banshee already starts out 1/2" lower... once seated, it feels , and IS much lower than other quads seat heights

better geometry is a fact. arent you a woman? didnt you just buy it for the seat and the looks? if you want a paper arguer, look at the hill billy. he thinks because somethiong has more suspension travel then it must ride better. i told him to look at the specs only because he said the 400 is tall and narrow. when i sit on both quads i dont feel any lower on the banshee, and if i am its petty in difference

better geometry is a fact. arent you a woman? didnt you just buy it for the seat and the looks? if you want a paper arguer, look at the hill billy. he thinks because somethiong has more suspension travel then it must ride better. i told him to look at the specs only because he said the 400 is tall and narrow. when i sit on both quads i dont feel any lower on the banshee, and if i am its petty in difference

"better geometry is a fact" - well we need a baseline for what "geometry" we are shootin for in terms of "better" i mean cmon, could you possibly makea more vague statement ? how is it better? in what way? what angles are your favorite? :D

:unsure:

the frame is very similar to a 250r for one, for two the front frame rails are much closer together, allowing long tie rods and a- arms. removable subframe, beter suspension. what else do you want? and yes i see you think im contradicting myself by saying sometimes there opinions are right on. let me explain: when they say a stock ds650 is faster then a stock z400, are they lying? when they say a 450r has better brakes then a 400ex, are they lying? ive also agreed with a lot of what they say, aliong with atv action. i like honda ergonomics, so do they (and most people). i agree that a 400ex handles better then a 660 raptor, that was even said the raptors 1st year. hard to argue that. in other words when they say the 400ex has the banshee in handling and suspension, i believe them because i have both.

2K1 has convinced me in this thread that I need a subscription to Dirtwheels.

your lack of intelligence is mesmorizing. you keep trying to make it like im selling dirt wheels, but what you dont see is im just showing at times they make valid claims... more then you ever could. there are opinions, then there are stupid ones. yours are the latter

you're right in the thick of it leroy, you think you dont look stupid right about now?

Why would I look stupid? I am right and you are wrong. You have contradicted yourself about 97 times in this thread. 75% of what you say makes no sense. My name is not Leroy and I am not a hillbilly. You just continue to make yourself look like a clown.

your lack of intelligence is mesmorizing. you keep trying to make it like im selling dirt wheels, but what you dont see is im just showing at times they make valid claims... more then you ever could. there are opinions, then there are stupid ones. yours are the latter

My lack of intelligence is mesmerizing? First off, don't use words that you can't spell. You might hurt yourself. The only valid claims that Dirtwheels makes are the specs that the manufacturers hand them. Other than that, they are completely biased. I state only fact. No opinion here.

Why would I look stupid? I am right and you are wrong. You have contradicted yourself about 97 times in this thread. 75% of what you say makes no sense. My name is not Leroy and I am not a hillbilly. You just continue to make yourself look like a clown.

My lack of intelligence is mesmerizing? First off, don't use words that you can't spell. You might hurt yourself. The only valid claims that Dirtwheels makes are the specs that the manufacturers hand them. Other than that, they are completely biased. I state only fact. No opinion here.

you are only percieving them as contradictions because you cant comprehend a whole paragraph YEEEEHHHAAW

.. by saying sometimes there opinions are right on.

-their-

ergonomics are opinion, personal preference. i like yfz450 ergos more than the trx450r, does that make me wrong because im not part of what you , and a couple of biased magazines, deemed to be the majority? magazines, and yourself, prefer honda ergos, whatever that means..... is that just a general statement meaning you prefer any honda over any other quad? or are we just talking about the 450s and 400ex? how about the 700xx? what about the kids quads? something tells me those shaft drive 250's probably out handle the banshee as well..its a honda after all

why are we comparing a 400ex to a raptor 660 (one of the worst handling quads ever built) ?

on the topic of majorities,the majority of people also voted obama

The only valid claims that Dirtwheels makes are the specs that the manufacturers hand them.

which are often bullshit from the get go, the bs just gets passed down the line and into the hands of the same 16 year old who reads motor trend to see how much peak HP all the new cars make