banshee featured in dirt rider magazine

Just thought id let everyone know the newest dirt wheels magazine has a feature article on the cover of the return of the banshee and two strokes. There is a whole section on the new fuel injection system that a guy is now offering. Pretty good read and I love the mag and this site. Ride on banshee lovers!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought id let everyone know the newest dirt wheels magazine has a feature article on the cover of the return of the banshee and two strokes. There is a whole section on the new fuel injection system that a guy is now offering. Pretty good read and I love the mag and this site. Ride on banshee lovers!

I really hope they do not bring it back in its current form,the banshee needs more upgrades than fuel injection.

Shocks

a-arms

Tires

aluminum hybrid frame

And AMA pro class legality

Those bitches at suzuki,kawasaki and yes Yamaha forced the AMA into barring 250r from the pro class,which pretty much killed the 2 stroke atv.

For as much HP these 450's are making,they should allow banshees into the pro class,its not about CC's anymore considering a Honda 450r like Joe Byrds is making 63-64 hp

Sounds like loboboy's setup. Was it blue with full bore plastics? And who did it say did the injection? Kevin Gidgot and John Stallworth put loboboy's together for alot more then 2500 on the injection.

Edited by trickedcarbine

Sounds like loboboy's setup. Was it blue with full bore plastics? And who did it say did the injection? Kevin Gidgot and John Stallworth put loboboy's together for alot more then 2500 on the injection.

yup, sounds like the same bike. blue fullbores, outlaw chassis and green hiper's. says GigotRacing provided the efi for $2000. they also talked about another company called JSR that makes an efi kit for the banshee too.

I bought the issue and read the article.

They have all that work done to the machine, and run those paddle tires. banghead

I am really starting to hate Dirt Wheels.

They were not covering anything that talked about the return of the banshee, or the return of 2 strokes.

I bought the issue and read the article.

They have all that work done to the machine, and run those paddle tires. banghead

I am really starting to hate Dirt Wheels.

They were not covering anything that talked about the return of the banshee, or the return of 2 strokes.

I love the telephone game

I read it too...... :angry:

Apparently according to the article, here's what they had to say...

"The original Banshee chassis is an ill handling,front-end heavy,rigid handfull,and with nearly double the stock horse-power, it would not be fun to ride." :yank: ( So they are all gung-ho about the Lonestar "Outlaw" frame that Lonestar doesn't even make anymore. <_< )

Fuel injection - "Made riding a Banshee again not only fast, but fun." (Well I guess us carb guys are just knuckle dragging idiots who don't know what real fun is. Guess I'll have to buy a YFZ450R and find out what I've been missing. -_- Even though it weighs more with all it's aluminum frame and current new technology than the any year stock Banshee. :huh:

"JSR mods turned this Dinosaur into something we would be proud to own." (I guess I'll have to contact Stellar performance, Metal Tech, Lonestar, CP, Keihin, V-force, Shearer, Elka, Direct drive, and JJ+A about a refund on my wasted money. :cry: )

JSR TWO STROKE REVIVAL - Yes it would leave a Raptor in the dust.

(The only place that 2-strokes are dead is in the pages of Dirt wheels. There isn't a single Banshee in my 20 person ride group that can't whip the snot out of a Raptor.)

The article doesn't even list a writer! It was written by "The staff of Dirt Wheels." WTF?

(Just goes to show what they think of the 2-stroke scene. :shrugani:)

I'm not hating on the 4-stroke scene. (If I got one it would be a Raptor 700 or a KTM 525XC) But from the tone of the article, you can tell the staff at dirt wheels thinks the Banshee's are just old bikes left out in the weather and ridden by people who aren't up to date. Guess everything needs EFI for them to think it's worth being proud to own. Too many weak wrists over there for them to handle opening 2 carbs! :rotflmao:

They will be hearing from me.......how bout you? LIGHT THEM UP WITH YOUR THOUGHTS! :evil:;)

1-661-295-1910 office

1-661-295-1278 fax

www.hi-torque.com

[

"The original Banshee chassis is an ill handling,front-end heavy,rigid handfull,and with nearly double the stock horse-power, it would not be fun to ride." :yank: ( So they are all gung-ho about the Lonestar "Outlaw" frame that Lonestar doesn't even make anymore. <_< )

Fuel injection - "Made riding a Banshee again not only fast, but fun." (Well I guess us carb guys are just knuckle dragging idiots who don't know what real fun is. Guess I'll have to buy a YFZ450R and find out what I've been missing. -_- Even though it weighs more with all it's aluminum frame and current new technology than the any year stock Banshee. :huh:

I thought it was a bullshit read and have been waiting to read something about any banshee in dirt wheels and this is what they come up with WTF really thinking about just calling them a lost cause. Looks like its time to toss my money to loco instead

I read it too...... :angry:

Apparently according to the article, here's what they had to say...

"JSR mods turned this Dinosaur into something we would be proud to own." (I guess I'll have to contact Stellar performance, Metal Tech, Lonestar, CP, Keihin, V-force, Shearer, Elka, Direct drive, and JJ+A about a refund on my wasted money. :cry: )

JSR TWO STROKE REVIVAL - Yes it would leave a Raptor in the dust.

(The only place that 2-strokes are dead is in the pages of Dirt wheels. There isn't a single Banshee in my 20 person ride group that can't whip the snot out of a Raptor.)

The article doesn't even list a writer! It was written by "The staff of Dirt Wheels." WTF?

(Just goes to show what they think of the 2-stroke scene. :shrugani:)

I'm not hating on the 4-stroke scene. (If I got one it would be a Raptor 700 or a KTM 525XC) But from the tone of the article, you can tell the staff at dirt wheels thinks the Banshee's are just old bikes left out in the weather and ridden by people who aren't up to date. Guess everything needs EFI for them to think it's worth being proud to own. Too many weak wrists over there for them to handle opening 2 carbs! :rotflmao:

They will be hearing from me.......how bout you? LIGHT THEM UP WITH YOUR THOUGHTS! :evil:;)

1-661-295-1910 office

1-661-295-1278 fax

www.hi-torque.com

My cousin (one of the BlueBanshee guys) said he talked to the big wig at JSR yeaterday and got the lowdown on it. i gues basically for the FI it's 2500 for the parts and install and they can send the motor back to you for someone else to tune. And I guess what made it so much more fun to ride as the DW douches put it was that the FI makes the powerband smoother(takes the light switch reaction out of it). And from what he said you can go all the way up to 50mm TB's. And as for what injector they are running in it he never said, but I don't think he asked either. I remember the dyno stats were 90hp and 58tq.

I get some of what you are saying Windycity but the frame is a really weak point mx, trails and even in the dunes it is just not as good as these new 450's. I have spoken to Lsr several times about the outlaw frame recently and they will still build this frame for anyone. :headbang: That being said the frame on this bike was made in 99 pretty old. Nothing wrong with carbs they can be every bit as fast if not faster then efi. If all you want to do is drag and dune stay with carbs for sure. I bought this bike from Loboboy and have put some miles on it dunes, mx, sea level to 11,000 feet no jetting changes no fouled plugs and it is rideable at 90 horse. I dig the EFI and the frame! I for sure agree dirt wheels has been gay since they said a 400ex is better then a shee.

I get some of what you are saying Windycity but the frame is a really weak point mx, trails and even in the dunes it is just not as good as these new 450's. I have spoken to Lsr several times about the outlaw frame recently and they will still build this frame for anyone. :headbang: That being said the frame on this bike was made in 99 pretty old. Nothing wrong with carbs they can be every bit as fast if not faster then efi. If all you want to do is drag and dune stay with carbs for sure. I bought this bike from Loboboy and have put some miles on it dunes, mx, sea level to 11,000 feet no jetting changes no fouled plugs and it is rideable at 90 horse. I dig the EFI and the frame! I for sure agree dirt wheels has been gay since they said a 400ex is better then a shee.

then you must hate every magazine, because they all think a 400ex is better all around. in some ways, it is better. every quad has there thing

Edited by 2K1Banshee350

Do the ATV world a favor and CANCEL your subscription to Dirtwheels.

why because of that article? all the magazines bag on thhe older stuff, yamaha doesnt mind as it keeps interest on the newer stuff. i didnt agree with a lot of the article either (makes as much LOW END as a raptor because of efi??? yeah ok) but atleast they are still featuyring the banshee. they are also doing old 2 stroke vs 4 stroke shootouts in which the 250r still did well against the 450.