Cascade- innovations

rgdrum

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had some work done by Cascade. At first they seemed real nice and knowledgeable. Come to find out there not engine builders. There assembalers. They send there cranks to Lew at twister as well as there jugs. They sub out everything and get it back and put it together. Mike has just recently started to do his own porting there. Also there very overpriced IMO. Once Chris learned i was starting up my own thing 2 hours away in Washington, his attitude really changed. Ive got a ways to go before Im any threat to them, even though i have got a few of there customers lately. I also asked to buy and sell there parts and set up a deal with them. I was blown off. Asked about getting my bike in the Sandsations calender, was told there not going to make it anymore. WRONG. 2 years later i just got my new one at Sandfest, an have all the previous years and will be selling them out of my shop now!! They take what they hear from us duners that are the ones actually doing there R&D and other riders/builders and run with it. Ive caught them twice claiming they started this or were the first with this or something along those lines that they just heard about or whatever. I like the guys for the most part but I dont trust them or believe much of what they say. Here is what just happened to me while building this last motor and the reason I will never go back to them again.

I dropped my cylinders and bottom end off to have the domes cut for my new 4mill crank, have the port timing redone and everything cleaned up. Well through the grapevine from one of my buddies that has done alot of business with them ran into Chris on Memorial weekend this year while we were at Winchester. Chris asked how my bike was running since it was the first ride out. Buddy says great he really likes it. Chris says, "well it should run great now that its got the right crank,port timing & domes in it." Apparently the cylinders were already setup for a 4mill from the first time the did it and i was running a stock crank!! No wonder last year my bike never ran right in the higher gears!! To top it off they charged me and didnt even mention anything about it to me. That burned my ass and I will never go there or recommend them to anyone again.

Ive spent over 5gs there and cant even get a free Tshirt!! LOL!

So thats my experiences with them in a nutshell. Started out good but ended when I realized how dishonest they were. :shrugani:

This is just my opinion. Not out to hurt any feelings or start any pissing matches. Everyone has there favorite shop/builder/assembler/parts place or whatever. ;)

Wow so your angry because they told no go on your bike in the calender? And you are competition for them you have the ability to sale parts cheaper because you are not a brick and mortar store you are one man operation lower over head equals cheaper parts ? So what if they send out there motor work that would be like some one farming out there polishing ? I mean if some one farmed out there polishing and they never touched the part or saw it in person how would they be able to control the quality or verify quality control ? They farm out work because of overhead and cost .They have always treated me good never felt talked down to .

Wow so your angry because they told no go on your bike in the calender? And you are competition for them you have the ability to sale parts cheaper because you are not a brick and mortar store you are one man operation lower over head equals cheaper parts ? So what if they send out there motor work that would be like some one farming out there polishing ? I mean if some one farmed out there polishing and they never touched the part or saw it in person how would they be able to control the quality or verify quality control ? They farm out work because of overhead and cost .They have always treated me good never felt talked down to .

LOL. No not mad at all about the calender. What I said was they have lost my trust because they lied to me on a few different occasions. What happened with my motor was just the last straw. I never once said im in competition with them. I did say Im no where near there level and the few freinds that used to buy from them buy from me now because I can offer parts a little cheaper and Im local. Yes we all sub out stuff. I love how words get so twisted and made up to say what you think you read or what you think I was implying. Not the case at all. AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, This has been my last few experiences with them. They do have almost everything available off the shelf. Myself though WILL NOT have them do my motor work again. They cant be honest with me and wont give me the time of day unless Im spendying money with them. I myself have chose to go elsewhere. Ive never said to anyone not to go there. I just dont recommend them any longer. I dont like my friends or anyone really getting screwed over, lied to or taken advantage of. You should be able to trust your motor builder, ecspecially if they pride themselves on motors they build/assembal or whatever. At the very least a hey we made a mistake im not going to charge you again for something that was already done at the wrong time and was the reason your bike was never dialed in. If it happened to you or one of your buddy's im sure you would feel the same or have a negative opinion as well. You wouldnt be ok with it. Thats all . PERIOD. :shrugani: Peace Out!

Come to find out there not engine builders. There assembalers. They send there cranks to Lew at twister as well as there jugs. They sub out everything and get it back and put it together.

If they farm there stuff out to twister and they just assemble it wouldnt that meen that Twister Fed UP? Not slamming twister just hearing two different stories that have a common ending, SLAMMING cascade.

Once Chris learned i was starting up my own thing 2 hours away in Washington, his attitude really changed. Ive got a ways to go before Im any threat to them, even though i have got a few of there customers lately. I also asked to buy and sell there parts and set up a deal with them. I was blown off.

So they should be nice to you since your setting up a shop 2 hrs away. I would expect some ones attitude to change. It is not like your on the east coast. I wouldnt let some one sell my parts off the back step of my shop. You can't play the "I am just a little shop" card and expect them to happly let you sell there parts.

They take what they hear from us duners that are the ones actually doing there R&D and other riders/builders and run with it. Ive caught them twice claiming they started this or were the first with this or something along those lines that they just heard about or whatever. I like the guys for the most part but I dont trust them or believe much of what they say.

I guess I dont have a problem with a company improving on something that is already out there. What have they stolen?

Ive spent over 5gs there and cant even get a free Tshirt!! LOL!

I got a free shirt when I bought only my pipes, but I didnt ask for one ethire.

LOL. No not mad at all about the calender. What I said was they have lost my trust because they lied to me on a few different occasions. What happened with my motor was just the last straw. I never once said im in competition with them. I did say Im no where near there level and the few freinds that used to buy from them buy from me now because I can offer parts a little cheaper and Im local. Yes we all sub out stuff. I love how words get so twisted and made up to say what you think you read or what you think I was implying. Not the case at all. AGAIN FOR THE LAST TIME FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DONT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH, This has been my last few experiences with them. They do have almost everything available off the shelf. Myself though WILL NOT have them do my motor work again. They cant be honest with me and wont give me the time of day unless Im spendying money with them. I myself have chose to go elsewhere. Ive never said to anyone not to go there. I just dont recommend them any longer. I dont like my friends or anyone really getting screwed over, lied to or taken advantage of. You should be able to trust your motor builder, ecspecially if they pride themselves on motors they build/assembal or whatever. At the very least a hey we made a mistake im not going to charge you again for something that was already done at the wrong time and was the reason your bike was never dialed in. If it happened to you or one of your buddy's im sure you would feel the same or have a negative opinion as well. You wouldnt be ok with it. Thats all . PERIOD. :shrugani: Peace Out!

WO dont go gettin but hurt on me .You are competitor of theres if you sale mod quad billet banshee parts that is cascades direct competitor and I could see where they would give you the cold shoulder when you tell them you are startin up bussiness that sales parts for banshees.And as far as them lying to you there are two side to every story but it sure seems like you are upset overthe way your were treated and them turning you down to be a cascade vendor and the way you were this would be a conflict of interest for you to sale there parts and modquad but hey I dont know the whole story .But I do find it funny that you have a cascade seat cover on your new build man come on you cant trash them on one hand and have there seat cover on your bike so you wont recommend them but what the hell they make sweet seat covers so you can look pass that to get there seat cover

link to seat cover http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129048&st=30 Come on really but I am sure you have had that cover for years waiting the perfect bike to use it on .Oh yeah I like the pic of your kid in cascade in front of the dukes of hazzard bike . Just remember you represent your small start up company that you are pouring your heart and soul into and it just in my opinion to be on a website trashing your competitior makes you look like a poor sport .I am sure cascade is not bad mouthing there competitior THAT would be you ALF .Sorry dont be mad just expressing my view

WO dont go gettin but hurt on me .You are competitor of theres if you sale mod quad billet banshee parts that is cascades direct competitor and I could see where they would give you the cold shoulder when you tell them you are startin up bussiness that sales parts for banshees.And as far as them lying to you there are two side to every story but it sure seems like you are upset overthe way your were treated and them turning you down to be a cascade vendor and the way you were this would be a conflict of interest for you to sale there parts and modquad but hey I dont know the whole story .But I do find it funny that you have a cascade seat cover on your new build man come on you cant trash them on one hand and have there seat cover on your bike so you wont recommend them but what the hell they make sweet seat covers so you can look pass that to get there seat cover

link to seat cover http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129048&st=30 Come on really but I am sure you have had that cover for years waiting the perfect bike to use it on .Oh yeah I like the pic of your kid in cascade in front of the dukes of hazzard bike . Just remember you represent your small start up company that you are pouring your heart and soul into and it just in my opinion to be on a website trashing your competitior makes you look like a poor sport .I am sure cascade is not bad mouthing there competitior THAT would be you ALF .Sorry dont be mad just expressing my view

I have been in multiple shops that sell both Modquad parts and Cascade parts- Florence Yamaha and Parker's ATV are the first 2 that come to mind. As I have said before, Cascade is a great place to get seat covers and bling, but there are far more trustworthy and better engine builders out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have nothing bad to say about Cascade at all. They are all a bunch of stand up guys and their customer service is second to none. I have ordered over $40k worth of parts from them in the last 2 years and have always received my parts the next day as long as I put in my order before UPS gets there. I have ordered from other shops to see how they are and haven't been to happy. I ordered my 10mm Cub setup from M&M in Oct and am still waiting on it..

I have nothing bad to say about Cascade at all. They are all a bunch of stand up guys and their customer service is second to none. I have ordered over $40k worth of parts from them in the last 2 years and have always received my parts the next day as long as I put in my order before UPS gets there. I have ordered from other shops to see how they are and haven't been to happy. I ordered my 10mm Cub setup from M&M in Oct and am still waiting on it..

Dang, I need to be your friend! lol

I recived your cases and tranny the first of feb and you placed your order on our black fri special so nice try on the oct exagerration. I got your cases done today hoping to ship tomorrow or thurs so I finished in less than 3 weeks and I was closed for more than a week of that due to weather. You took 2 months to ship me your cases and tranny but want them done overnight typical customer.

Andy

Sorry to hijack the thread but felt a need to respond to me being called out.

Andy, I am sorry. You and I talked weeks before I finally placed an order. My stuff was ordered and paid for Nov 30th. When you and I talked you said the cylinders would be ready just before christmas and maybe a little after. I also told you I needed my cases done and you said to wait to send them till the cylinders were done. When we talked mid jan you said that the cylinders still weren't done but they would be done in the next few weeks. So I sent my cases mid jan. When I called your office last fri your secretary said that the cases were on the mill and that they would be ready that day. SOrry to call you out but this could have been prevented with a simple return phone call. I know a few guys on here that have ordered and sent you stuff after me that have gotten it back already.