Rocket pipe sparkies for cheap

Well last summer when I was getting ready for Silver Lake, I had to come up with some sparkies for my Rockets really quick, so this is what I did and it was really cheap.

When I got to Silver Lake, and was ready to head up the dune entrance, the DNR officer looked at it and waived me through. I had this up there a few times like this and was never questioned once about it.

This cheap mod may work for other pipes also.

First I went to Home depot and bought a stainless steel drain screen :

BansheeRocketsparkies6.jpg

BansheeRocketsparkies7.jpg

I had pulled the end caps off my silencers - taken a dremel with a cutting wheel and slit the core in 4 places obviously all opposing. I then carefully pinched them in just a bit :

BansheeRocketsparkies8.jpg

I then slid the drain screen over the silencer core and just slightly reshaped so it looked legit :

BansheeRocketsparkies11.jpg

Then I just reinstalled the cap...simple as that and it worked for me :

BansheeRocketsparkies.jpg

What do you guys think ??

^^^ agreed, tried the same thing on my vito fat bastards worked the first day but day number 2 had the bitch of all bitches at the booth....needless to say $150 later i had 2 sparkies and they let me back in. also she warned that if she really wanted i could be ticketed for trying such a crafted move.