Shearer 2 into 1 Dune Pipe

You could build a 10 mil stroke 68 to 72 bore motor and have it look all stock on the outside....

I'm not saying this guy did...just saying you can. You can go a long way with a cut head...

That being said, being 100lbs is definitely helping him.

I'm 250 and I let guys that weigh 200, 170 and 125 ride my bike. My buddy Scott is 125 and he runs 3 tenths faster than me and I don't even gear it for his little ass...

I commend you guys for what you're doing....and with all the duner crowd we have in MI, it could be a hot seller...

I would bet this pipe makes it onto a turbo bike from Dan Hull sooner or later...:)

Mat uses this pipe on a turbo bike he has. This pipe also out performs the dyno port pipe that a lot of guy like. This two into one pipe is no way a drag pipe. Mat says it puts out more torque and horse power and 1000 rpm higher. Mat said it more for trail riders.

Im not jumping all over anyone. I just dont understand the hay look at this by a second party saying they are "doing testing". The way it looked in the OP with a video that had his logo, was that Matt shearer had some sort of direct association with what was going on as well. I have seen a few things that to me seem to defy the laws of.....well what makes sense. Here I am reading a post about a motor with a redline of 9,750 rpm, stock cylinders, and the apparent need for 38mm pwks? WTF? Are you somehow hiding a 10mm stroker crank, rdz drag port, and a set of out of frames on that somewhere that I cant see?

If Matt Shearer says the pipe is designed for Trail riders, than what is it thats going on with the 38mm pwk's? Most of the 2 into 1 pipes I have come into contact with have a 1.125" diameter stinger outlet tube (same size as one dual pipe for a set of big bore pipes). If thats the case with this pipe, then there would have been no logical way that this setup would benefit from 38mm pwk's. You would never be able to move enough air out of the motor to justify the amount you were trying to allow into the motor. Not to mention the issues you run into with trying to move that much air through a set of stock type cylinders.

The question about burning my leg was one of MANY Questions I wanted to know (Questions that many people often overlook). Because If I get on my bike with my $450 pair of sidi crossfires on, I would like it if the pipe I ran did not burn a fucking hole in one of them. Doesn't really make sense to buy a $500 exhaust system and ruin one $225 boot does it? As for the airbox, I have a battery on my bike, and it the exhaust clears the stock airbox, then it should clear my battery. From the pics I saw, the rear bend through the frame made it look like it was going to be close. Again, I was not specifically focused on these questions, but they were questions that would have to be answered for me to be interested in the pipe. I have a lot of time on the dyno with 2 into 1 pipes, and not just chassis dyno time either. I have a ton of time running them on the crank dyno, which actually has an engine brake on it.

I like low-mid motors! My bike, the bikes I build, and the bikes I ride with are all dune bike setups with low-mid motors in them. 2 into 1 pipes are supposed to be right up my alley, they should be the #1 pipe I recommend. You know what, I would recommend them if they did what everyone thought they did, if they performed the way everyone thought they do. Sadly they dont, so until I see some promising numbers, I cant stand behind them. So I am waiting for someone or something promising here to happen that changes my mind about this. Instead of saying "why are you worried about if the pipe burns your leg?", why not say "this pipe clears your leg great!" or " This pipe does have an issue with burning your leg". Ever thought of doing that?

By the way, if your trying to build a midrange motor, a set of vforce reeds aint the way to go either.

Edited by Snopczynski

And you would have had those answers with a decent reply which thus far you havent had any worth my respect nor time. You instantously based the post but was the first one to say lets not talk shit until we know the facts. And again as I've stated I'm sure a call to matt will answer all of your questions but I guess I need to repeat that to you again also. It seems most of my responses are repeats to you. I didnt come here for an argument I came here to share but I'll let you do the research and take my post eleswhere.

And you would have had those answers with a decent reply which thus far you havent had any worth my respect nor time. You instantously based the post but was the first one to say lets not talk shit until we know the facts. And again as I've stated I'm sure a call to matt will answer all of your questions but I guess I need to repeat that to you again also. It seems most of my responses are repeats to you. I didnt come here for an argument I came here to share but I'll let you do the research and take my post eleswhere.

I am completely baffled as to why you hadn't answered any of the questions that anyone has asked. Instead you keep popping in and out with pretty much useless banter. I keep asking for answers to the questions I asked (which is all I am interested in), but you keep telling us your not a salesman for Matt Shearer and your working on setups for the pipe. So the only thing so far you have answered was that the pipe cleared the pod filters on 38mm pwk's. Again like I said before. You made this look like this is in direct conjunction with Matt Shearer, as you used his logo on your video. It wasn't till last night that you made it evident Matt had no association with this, so obviously I have had no chance to call him yet.

facepalm%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by Snopczynski

I ain't sellin' shit....LOL.

I'm sure they have countless dyno runs but are still working on it.

No one got it perfect the first time...

I think it's an interesting project for sure...and am looking forward to the outcome.

Remember, different setups like different parts. Maybe Kennedy's porting likes a big single carb as opposed to a smaller one or a set of them.

Maybe this pipe likes a larger single carb...who knows. They got a dyno...a good starting point.

But I'll never own a trail/duner banshee...I'll have my drag bike and if I get another it'll be a big 4X4 with racks and Cadillac comfort!

Matt already has numbers off of it with dyno time. It works better than the other single pipes out there, but its still not near the peak hp that low-mid twins can achieve. It does however sound like the bottom half of the power range is quite competitive, maybe even better than what the low-mid twins can do. It sounds like for a pure trail bike, it could be the way to go if the motor is setup around it properly. This pipe is not meant to be for a drag setup, or necessarily for what MOST people consider a dune setup. It is meant for a trail setup, on a trail motor, in a trail bike. I talked to him today for about 80 minutes, and I have a good grasp around what he made the pipe for and what he envisions it being able to do. It sounds like he has got some more testing to do still though.

Honestly guys if someone just posts dyno runs, the majority of you are probably not going to be impressed by it. The pipe has to be ran against something comparable, and the setups would have to be analyzed to see where each one makes a differece comparitively. Not to mention they both have to be setup around a low-mid trail type setup motor.

Edited by Snopczynski

I talked to matt about the pipe for sometime the other day and he said he originally designed if for a turbo motor he is doing and it was a huge gain over whats out there available now. He was very apprehensive about releasing this pipe as a trail pipe because he is a drag pipe designer and likes revy peak power like all drag motors are for. The fact that the pipe wont produce peak power like his twin setup will makes it look bad on paper but im sure the pipe has a nice broad curve.