Engine work in or around Portland, Oregon

kswayze

Like the description states, I am looking for a builder in or around Portland. I know most of you will say to support our sponsors but I would like to support my local economy. Let me know of someone who will do some porting for me.

Like the description states, I am looking for a builder in or around Portland. I know most of you will say to support our sponsors but I would like to support my local economy. Let me know of someone who will do some porting for me.

I use Twister Crankshafts in Boring, Oregon for all my machine work and put everything together myself. Cascade also does engine work. There is also White Knuckle Racing although I have heard some shady things about them that I won't go into in public. I know we are supposed to support site sponsors, but I like to be able to drop off and pickup my parts and talk in person to see what the builder and shop is like. The last crank that Twister did for me, I was able to watch him do it from a pile off parts to a complete welded assembly.Just do your homework and make sure you know what you are supposed to be getting. There might also be some others in Portland, these are the ones that came to mind quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I am out at North Plains so I am very local to you. There was a place on 25th street by the airport called Longhill Motorsports that has closed because of the economy. I was told that he is still running the business out of his garage at home now and you can still get ahold of him at the phone number on his website. All the other builders I know of in the Portland area are located out in the Estacada, Boring, Damascus, or Clackamas area. They are Twister, Cascade, Top Dog Racing, White Knuckle Racing, Midnite Motorsports and there are a couple of others that I am not sure do porting. I personally use Twister for my machine work and do all my own service and assembly work. My bike was ported by the long gone JD Racing.

Cascade Innovations, Twister, or White Knuckle............ All of which are in Boring, OR.

(reccomended in that order).

Depending on how exotic, you wanted to go, I might be willing to do the work as well.ph34r.gif