ebay $100 new oversized radiators are they wortbuying?

Craig Walker

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it. I just have big mouth. I'm an opinionated dude. I respect and like this community, and find it to be an invaluable resource.

I just take joy in being a smartass, please don't take me seriously. I'm often guilty of taking myself too seriously, but at the end of the day, I'm just trying to learn about my bike and be a DIY kinda guy.

I still think a $100 OS radiator is a steal, no matter the greater economic impact.

Fair enough....I'm one of the biggest smart asses and sarcastic pricks on here....

Just gotta realize, you're new here and a lot of us have known each other for years....

Point well taken, sorry for the gruff...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LMAO, Wow.........anyways, i wouldnt care if it was made it Iraq, Id buy it if the price is right.

X2 uncle Sam/the bankers are the ones fuckin our kids out of their retirement. Not china. I live in Wisconsin we get tazed if we don't wear our seatbelt. I guess they're going to outlaw bacon now. Cuz its bad for us. :( I love bacon

LMAO, Wow.........anyways, i wouldnt care if it was made it Iraq, Id buy it if the price is right.

X2 uncle Sam/the bankers are the ones fuckin our kids out of their retirement. Not china. I live in Wisconsin we get tazed if we don't wear our seatbelt. I guess they're going to outlaw bacon now. Cuz its bad for us. :( I love bacon

I get it. I just have big mouth. I'm an opinionated dude. I respect and like this community, and find it to be an invaluable resource.

I just take joy in being a smartass, please don't take me seriously. I'm often guilty of taking myself too seriously, but at the end of the day, I'm just trying to learn about my bike and be a DIY kinda guy.

I still think a $100 OS radiator is a steal, no matter the greater economic impact.

Hector, we get it--you're smart. Your grammar is near-perfect, most of the time, and your command of the language is commendable... Now quit tyring so hard and just have fun! LOL!!

I know of two people with these radiators--one on a big, stroked supercub, and another on a duner. They work great, don't leak, and polish nicely. I'd rather buy an American one (and did.... for more $$), but it's a free market and to each his own.

Wisconsin, China IS responsible for some of our woes... They dump sh*t into our economy at ridiculous prices and squeeze out Americans trying to make a reasonable living. But I better shut up now--not trying to turn this into a political debate. ;)

• 4 months later...

This one with shipping is $149??? The Boss $150. HMMMM. Im with you. May as well get the Boss. Just makes sense. I hate when i think ive found a great deal on ebay then realize how much the shipping is. :shrugani:

It is a nice looking radiator though.

Keep your eyes open on ebay, I ran across one the had for sell in the action format. I ended up with the winning bid $56.00 plus $15 Shipping, for a total of $71.00. I don't know what brand it is, it it aluminum and it holds 30% more than the stock radiator. I combined the bigger aluminum radiator with a Mod Quad billet water pump impeller (that moves the fluid through the engine 3 times the rate of the stock OEM impeller), cheap billet ebay inline coolers, and filled it up with ATV Blue Engine Ice and my Banshee has never over heated. When I bought my Banshee it was bone stock and it stayed hot, it over heated all the time and puked coolant out the over flow. The bike running hot resulted in me sticking a ring, and having to build my engine. You guys might think I went a little over board with the cooling mods but I was paranoid about my bike over heating. When the mechanic broke the engine down to rebuild it he found pieces of the stock water pump impeller in different places. He told me he does see the stock impeller come apart and fail every now and the but not very often, most of the time the stock plastic impeller breaks because the engine has been hot in the past. He also told me cheap coolant and some coolant additives drys the impeller out and makes it brittle. I upgraded my whole cooling system for $148.00 and I gave $12.95 each for two half gallons of ATV Engine Ice.

I ended up finishing my cooling system off with a Trinity's Stage IV Cool Head and 20cc domes. I think the cooling upgrades and mods were one of my best investments made on my Banshee. Does any one know if you can add a Water Wetter Coolant Additive like Royal Purple; Purple Ice to the ATV Blue Engine Ice? Would there be any advantages?

Thanks,

Jim

Oh WTF I put a simple question on this radiatior. I can't beleive the amount of hipocritical crap on here about buying a radiator from over sea's, Didn't your banshee come from over sea's lets think, Why yes it did it came from over seas.

I"ve purchased one myself and not very happy with it, it was dropped shifting the frame of it. still useable the metal is not very thick but it does polish nicely It did save me over $200 in cash sorry if you want to charge that much money my money goes to the lowest bidder.

Oh WTF I put a simple question on this radiatior. I can't beleive the amount of hipocritical crap on here about buying a radiator from over sea's, Didn't your banshee come from over sea's lets think, Why yes it did it came from over seas.

I"ve purchased one myself and not very happy with it, it was dropped shifting the frame of it. still useable the metal is not very thick but it does polish nicely It did save me over $200 in cash sorry if you want to charge that much money my money goes to the lowest bidder.

I just picked up a brand new Boss radiator shipped to my door for $135. IMO I wanted something that atleast had a brand name with it.

• 1 year later...

Got mine in tonight. Looks pretty good but one of my tabs is bent. I havent looked at my old one to see if its bent but it should be pretty easy to straiten out. As for the quality, welds look pretty good but I would definatly polish and put the stock cap on it. The new one looks nice but is a little thin for my liking and kind of a b*tch to take on and off. Anyone know what the stock cap is rated at? This one is 1.1. Cant wait to put it on and get riding again. Heres a pic.

post-34543-0-00910100-1326341766_thumb.jpg