BADLANDS! March 27th!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, just pull in and kinda head to the back right portion of the parking lot. Basically just look for all the Banshees. Don't worry about not knowing anyone. This is how most of us met last year. It's a blast, you'll love it!

Yep, I knew 1 person when i got there....

Who's bring a monster bike?

Well, it's looking like there is 50 of us, so im sure there will be a few. dave5.0's, yours, sheerider1026's blue beast, etc...

Me... Not really I am trying to find some paddles but I dont think I will have them by then....

No paddles for me either...

I just finished getting the KX together. Thank god the wheel bearings for the shee fit the rear rim on the KX :rotflmao:

Anyone going to bring there wife or GFs? My wife was asking :unsure:

Nope. Not bringing the significant other. I got my RM running and might bring that instead and try out the track they have if that is cleaned up.

i just found a oil leak on my shee today it is leaking from the shifter. does anyone know how hard it is to change the seal? i am thinking about running it the way it is and keeping an close eye on it.

Yea, as long as it's not draining fast, just keep an eye on it and maybe bring an extra quart of oil just in case. As far as swapping seals, I believe (it's been a while) that you'll have to take off both the stator cover and clutch cover. You'll have to pull the shift shaft out to gain access to the bushing/seal. I don't believe it's a split the cases job or even a pull the motor off the frame job. It shouldn't take more than 4 hours max if you're taking your time. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as it's been a while since I have been in there.

To fix the leak you have to pop the clutch cover and stator cover off. Remove the clutch for easy access and remove the shift shaft. Also you have to drain the coolant. I would just really wait til after the ride unless it is dripping quite fast.

I thought you could take a pick an get the shift lever side seal out?

Just the shifter shaft is leaking? Drain the oil or tip it up on it's side so it wont run out. Take off the crap so you can get to it, stator cover, shifter. Use a pic with a hook or little bend in the end and pull it out. Flush the hole good with carb cleaner or brake clean. Put a little silicone of RTV type stuff on the outside of the seal. Just a thin coat to help seal it. Make sure the shaft it clean too. Put the seal on the shaft and push it into place. If you have to use something to massage it a little use some thing with a blunt end and push towards the outside of the seal so you don't damage it. Let the stuff dry and put oil back in it. Make sure it's the shifter leaking and not the plastic plate or the output shaft seal. Those are easy to fix too.

thanks for your guys help. i am going to call a few shops and see if i can get one in time. but the leak is not that bad i think i will be ok i will just keep an eye on it. it is not leaking that bad but it is not a good thing to go out to the garage and see a puddle of oil under the banshee. when i seen it i thought it might stop me from making the trip.