favorite oil choice

I have yet to walk into a motorcycle shop that did not have R50 in a pint bottle. The local shop in my small town has it, every Yamaha dealer I've ever been in From the Oregon Dunes to St Anthony's dunes has it. My local shop even has it in the gallon jugs, but I can get it from Rocky Mountain cheaper, I usually add it to a large order.

When I was in San Diego I went to alot of differnt shops. I couldn't find Klotz anywhere. Of course a few of them will "Special order it" for you, but that cost more than just buying it off Rocky Mountain and paying for the shipping.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32:1 Golden Spectro.never had a problem. buddy of mine runs 32:1 caseys 2 stroke oil for 4 years now with no problems. guess you dont have to have the top shelf stuff. :shrugani: i wouldnt mind trying castor 927 but not for 18 bucks a qt.

I used to run castor 927 at 32:1 and it smelled awsome, and ran great but it is expensive but it seperates under cold condition so i switched to amsoil dominator 32:1 but i think im goin 40:1 next batch

First you say I had a leak, which would mean I was lean, they you say I was fouling plugs because of my mixture, which would mean I was rich. Which one of us is spreading misinformation. The bike was jetted perfectly and it ran for 1.5 years and the bearings on the crank failed, I had been running Yamalube the entire time. I put in a new crank, seals,new pistons, had it bored and the head cut and rechambered to repair the damage from the shrapnel and put it back together. I have been riding it for the past 18 years with no problems. I have done regular tear downs for maintenance and I did put another crank in it when I completly rebuilt the bike 10 years ago. This bike is an 89 that I bought new in 10/89 and the crank let go in 3/91. The entire bike got a ground up rebuild in1999. Ever since I repaired it from the first crank in 91 I have ran Klotz, either Benol or R50 and have not had any other problems with my bike or the Blaster my wife had (premix, no injector) or the Banshee we had to sell or the Banshee she has now. All of these bikes have been jetted perfectly and mine or my wife's bikes very rarely foul a plug with the Klotz.

As I recall, I fouled a set of plugs earlier in the day that the crank let go, so was I rich or lean?

• 2 weeks later...

i run 100:1 opti - 2... my brother and i have never squeeked and piston or blown cranks or crank bearing and my dad runs it in his drag sleds and hasnt fucked one of them up yet either, if u guys can find it around it super good oil... take my word for it

Edited by lt500rbigbore