What carbs for a trail bike?

Ingram306

Ive decided instead of doing the TORS removal im going to swap out my stock carbs, the choke is screwed up on them anyway...

Found a set of 28mm PWKs for a good price. Now im wondering if its worth the money, or if i should just go up to 30s or 33s? Ive heard i will lose bottom end with the 33s though... any ideas?

Ive decided instead of doing the TORS removal im going to swap out my stock carbs, the choke is screwed up on them anyway...

Found a set of 28mm PWKs for a good price. Now im wondering if its worth the money, or if i should just go up to 30s or 33s? Ive heard i will lose bottom end with the 33s though... any ideas?

go the 28s u wont loose bottom end and will get a bit of power

when u go the 33s etc u loose the bottom on a stock stroke.. and u nee to change the intake sizes etc..

The 28s are good carbs, I ran them for a bit, and I liked the power delivery a lot. I did however have a little trouble getting them dialed in. Not too many people run them so it's a little tough to get really accurate jetting specs like you can with stockers. The choke knobs are also a bitch to deal with, each carb has it's own knob, and the one on the ?right? carb sits inside the bike where it is tough to get too depending on which pipes you run.

Have you looked into a single carb setup? A lot of guys run them for trails and like the low end. I used to run one but I thought it kind of lacked the top end like dual carbs do, if you run a lot of wide open stuff like fireroads or fields you might not be happy with it.

I'm running 34mm PJs on my bike now, and I like them a lot, they work pretty good in the tighter stuff, and haul when theyre wide open. I think they're pretty good all around carbs, but I would like to go back to 30s or 28s if I didn't have to mess around with the jetting so much.

stock carbs will perform well up to around 60hp.. if your in a pinch for money you could get the stockers bored to 28's and call it a day. You'll probably run into problems boring them to 30mm though.

I'd probably just get 28pwks so you dont have to bother with the stock crap anymore..

I would tell you to get your stockers bored but if they are messed up then the 28 or 30s work kick butt. Don't forget the OKO 28 and 30s they've worked well for me for years. Before anybody was selling them for banshees I was gettin em from Taiwan for use on scooters and using them.on banshees. Lean out the needle 1 clip put in some 52 pilots, 152 mains and roll.

Everyone is gonna have there opinions and different suggestions

They are a thousands different thing you can do. So many options confuse the shit out of me so i know how you feel

When i first went to a stroker motor, I ran bored stockers and the bike ran awesome.

If money is tight, bore out the stockers

I know a lot of guys that like a single carb setup for trail bikes also

Its going to be preference. I think wether you stick with stockers or 30's you will be happy as long as its dialed in good

good luck

Everyone is gonna have there opinions and different suggestions

They are a thousands different thing you can do. So many options confuse the shit out of me so i know how you feel

When i first went to a stroker motor, I ran bored stockers and the bike ran awesome.

If money is tight, bore out the stockers

I know a lot of guys that like a single carb setup for trail bikes also

Its going to be preference. I think wether you stick with stockers or 30's you will be happy as long as its dialed in good

good luck

+1

• 3 months later...

single carb set up is great! You dont really need that much topend for woods racing. Plus the single is so much easier to jet!! The stock carbs are the crappiest carbs made. When ever i'd get them wet they would rev to the moon.

28mm PWKs, dune port, stock stroke, T5's with 165PSI, 14/41 gearing was a GREAT setup for the trails and everything else in between. Plus runs on pump gas (borderline)

35mm PWKs, dune port, stock stroke, CPIs, with 180psi, 15/41 was and IS an even better setup lol. Much more power everywhere especially on top. I love this setup on my trail/duner and will probly never change it, it rips.

IMO, stock carbs suck and should be tossed instantly. I know they work, and they have surprised me before but they are just garbage.

28's are great smooth bore to 30's neato too. i have 30's on my trail bike and 28's on my old trail bike.. all the other banshee's i have are running lectrons.

i have a set that are runable BUT should have new slides in them i'd sell for 100 bucks..

I absoluly Love my Single Trinity intake with a 35PWK for the tighter woods and trail XC Stuff. I noticed powergains everywhere espically lowend/mid preformance and it pulls harder on top than stockers. I wouldnt change it for duals. Ive rode both and I like mine but every banshee is setup diffrently.