Any tips on securing a Banshee in a garage to keep it safe?

jon321

Well I got my Banshee in a heated garage now ,im storing it at my freinds , the question I have is that its just sitting there with a tarpover it now, I would like to know what a person could use to keep the banshee safe and secured. He lives in a nice neighborhood its just that the place it was in before was a shop ,there was an rv that was blocking the banshee so i knew it wasnt going anywhere but i cant store it there anymore. The thing thats got me worried where its at right know there is a back door to the garage with a doggie door that could easily be pushed open the doggie door is big enough for someone of small statur to squeeze through and also the door has a big window that could also be broken ,so im pretty paranoid right now,Im thinking of how I could reinforce the back door to the garage and secure my quad in the garage, I know nothing is really theft proof but just a sense of secuity knowing that the quad is somehow secured to something makes me feel better.. I dont have a garage at my place so i keep the banshee at his house/ The neighbors in the area are pretty observant .

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off... don't let people know its in there, don't show it off to people. The fewer who know where it is the better.

Is there a large immoveable object nearby to the banshee? Massive workbench, car, truck, structural member of the garage... chain the banshee to that with a massive logging chain, or large boat anchor chain and the biggest padlock you can find. I prefer chain from the railroads. Tow chains they use are pretty massive and you can't get a set of bolt cutters around the links. You either have to torch the links or cut them with a grinder.

If you're not going riding any time soon, do whatever you can to make the bike harder to push/roll around. Flatten your tires, and put a padlock on the brake disc in back, so you can't rotate the axle. I've also seen people padlock the brake lever to the bars so the front brakes are locked.

If someone is hell-bent on stealing it, they will get it no matter what you do. I had an idiot cut a natural gas supply line to my house I had my banshee chained to, to get it out of my yard. A neighbor 2 houses down shot the dude and called the cops. I don't live there anymore, but I bought that guy a lot of beer for taking care of the theft issue.

Well I got my Banshee in a heated garage now ,im storing it at my freinds , the question I have is that its just sitting there with a tarpover it now, I would like to know what a person could use to keep the banshee safe and secured. He lives in a nice neighborhood its just that the place it was in before was a shop ,there was an rv that was blocking the banshee so i knew it wasnt going anywhere but i cant store it there anymore. The thing thats got me worried where its at right know there is a back door to the garage with a doggie door that could easily be pushed open the doggie door is big enough for someone of small statur to squeeze through and also the door has a big window that could also be broken ,so im pretty paranoid right now,Im thinking of how I could reinforce the back door to the garage and secure my quad in the garage, I know nothing is really theft proof but just a sense of secuity knowing that the quad is somehow secured to something makes me feel better.. I dont have a garage at my place so i keep the banshee at his house/ The neighbors in the area are pretty observant .

You should do what is needed to secure that side door first.

They sell locks for the rotors and sprockets of the shee, or just put a big master lock through the rear sprocket.

Use a quality chain/lock and lock it to something secure, maybe a concrete or steel support column.

Go partners with you friend and alarm the garage.

Also another option, this is what we did in our garage that we rent, cut 2x2 sq in the floor, set these and filled it back with cement. I use all kyrptonite chains also

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380195851349&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=M*S%3F&GUID=c66990981240a2367565ffd5ffeebfa1&itemid=380195851349&ff4=263602_263622#ht_3556wt_941

I dont know whats going on but the link isnt working, search Kryptonite Stronghold Anchor in google

They are very good in my opinion, but like you stated nothing is 100% secure

Edited by wacko2000

if someone wants it they will get it. i suggest making it very hard for them to get it. make it so that whatever they do will cause a lot of noise to get it out. use a couple chains, front and back with two locking points on each. wrap the chains through the frame rails a few times. . lock up the rear disk.

Drill a hole in the concrete then pound a threaded eye bolt in it. Then use a chain and lock attached to the bolt.

Im with this guy, I drilled a hole into the concrete, bought an epoxy from a local safety supply company that concrete companies use to fix anchor bolts gone bad (Hilti 2 pc epoxy) mashed a huge eye bolt into it, and then used a kryptonite cable to fasten thru the wheels and frame. I use cable cause its harder to cut with a bolt cutter. The lock should show no loop when its locked as well (master makes agood one).

I kno there are pros and cons to everything.

And i do agree to make it as hard as possible.

But i have to disagree with the anchors/expoxy and eyebolts

We did this first in our garage, set about 4 of them. Let them dry over night, next day i took a hammer off the shelf, and smacked the shit out of the eyebolts to test them and they broke off fairly easy. Now i swing the hammer like a maniac but everyone has a hammer in there garage, i think its way to easy for any thief.

Unless you can find big ass hardened steel anchors, than i would go that route.

I bought all this shit from fastenel company, told me the eyebolts where hardened steel and there where absolutely not.

So in my opinion and from experience, there are better ways to secure your bike

Joey

Motion sensor lights. Steel reinforced door jams, dead bolts. Couple badassed paddle locks on each side of big door. Couple yappy dogs that bark when someone 6 houses down shuts their car door, and a big dog that'll rip someone's face off. If they get thru that, yell HE'S COMING RIGHT AT ME while emptying the 16 rounds from the S@W 40.

What im going to do is take a 4"x4" 3/8 steel plate with a 2" round hole in the middle and weld that sucker to the steel pole thats in front of the water heater and then feed the chain through the hole in the plate,, whatta you guys think?

One simple thing you can do is take the wheels/tires off and store it on blocks of wood and store the tires in an attic or somewhere offsite. That will make it real son of a bitch to move it.

One simple thing you can do is take the wheels/tires off and store it on blocks of wood and store the tires in an attic or somewhere offsite. That will make it real son of a bitch to move it.

X2 on removing the wheels and take them home with you. Chains will work great except for that they will tear the hell out of your paint as your pushing and pulling the chain thru.