Vito's Big Bore kits worth the time and $$$?

What are your current mods? You will more than likely see better gains from porting from one of the sponsors, bigger pipes and bigger carbs. Personally, I stay away from vitos. Their stuff is cheap for a reason. In the banshee world you get what you pay for. I've seen a lot of folks broke down at the dunes running cheap vitos parts that have broken or failed.

Get a hold of Wildcard Racing or Kevin Herr they can get you pointed in the right direction for what it is you want to do and want out of your bike.

- Jared

I have only seen one Banshee running the newer Vito's cylinders (Cub copies more or less) and it ran very well. I'm sure he had some additional porting done to them though. Those are gonna be drag race style cylinders, just like the Cubs. The older 400 cc (or whatever) monoblock would be more trail friendly. I have also seen only one of those run, and it was not much faster than stock, but that could be in the tuning.

I run the Vitos bigbore cylinders set up for a 4 mill...For MX and trail riding,they are by far the best value out there.All i did was clean up the transfer ports a little and they scream for off the shelf cylinders.The port timing works great with fattys or PC pipes.

I got a set of Cylinders from vitos with forged pistons and gaskets for 600 bucks!

If you don't already have a cool head,then it will set you back another 200..remember the big bore pistons need 9 degree domes.

They are a great all around setup,much better suited for trails or MX style riding..If i were building a drag bike or duner,i would have just had my stockers ported,but if you port it for drag or dune,its pretty much worthless in the woods or on a track.I can still hit the dunes and line up for the occasional drag race.

I've good and bad about vito's, but the last I heard was that wiesco was making their pistons for them, don't know if that is true or not.Might want to look around on here a little more if your sceptic about it.Not sure if I believe that myself.

Edited by bonerific250

I don't post much here but to see Vito's being bashed on here is silly. I've been dealing with Lane and Paul for a very long time and there one of the few shops that will tell you the truth when you ask a question. Some shops will tell you they can port 15hp into a set of Cub cylinder's and say you need methanol dome's that's more money, what a joke. My motor is all Vito's parts including Fat Bastard exhaust, at least what i can get from them. Second my motor dyno's the same number's as the LC Performance and A&S motor's if not a little more on the same dyno in STD mode running methanol and it's going on 4 yrs old. Bashem if you want it's your right, i'm not saying there the best in the world but there stuff every bit as good as the next guys. As far the stealth cylinder's go cleaned up they run a lttle slow than the cubs but not much.

As far as the bigbore sleeve kit, ehhhh......it's ok. I personally run them, but not by preference. I bought them back in like 2002 when the only better setup was a mono jug or dune/drag only twister jug. When I first built these jugs with no real port work they were quicker then any thing I raced except for the dune bikes at silver lake, and even there it held it's own. Almost a decade later technology has reigned supreme and proven big bore sleeves to be obselete due to their habbit of choking down transfers, making a new style aftermarket cylinder a more desirable and cost effective bang for the buck. Problem is that now most big bore cylinders are DUNE/DRAG so that there aren't many choices for the true TRAIL/PLAY bikes. Unless of course you have a bottomless pocket and order a Cheetah with powervalves or a similar pv cylinder.

In comes VITO's with a STEALTH JUG. Big bore with free flowing ports, and for the same cost as buying sleeves, machining them, and porting them. These cylinders are PROVEN and are a potent combo in the trails and even ok in the dunes. they have a low end that no cub will ever produce and if you decide you want the top end of a cub these will come close with some thurough massaging of the ports.

So yes, the vito's jugs are worth the money, granted you are thinking of running a stroker to accompany them, but if money is still to tight to both stroke and run big bores, then run a stroker crank first and port your stock jugs for your riding. Then you can buy a vito's kit to match your stroke out of the box. If you are not a Dune/Drag guy and live in the trails and maybe go out to the dunes every now and again then these would be an awsome setup for a trail guy with a big set of nuts.

In comes VITO's with a STEALTH JUG. Big bore with free flowing ports, and for the same cost as buying sleeves, machining them, and porting them. These cylinders are PROVEN and are a potent combo in the trails and even ok in the dunes. they have a low end that no cub will ever produce and if you decide you want the top end of a cub these will come close with some thurough massaging of the ports.

Hey, are you talking about these? http://vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11366&cat=0&page=1 They look pretty bad ass, and the price isn't bad at all on them. Do you run them? If so, what kind of luck have you had with them? Everything work ok and where did you find jetting specs?

Some good info here, I've heard bad things and good things about Vito's, some of the bad stuff has made me shy away from them, but I would love to run a big bore setup, especially if they make a very reliable one that will pull hard for a trail bike.

We do ride trails...but we are usually on the sand. And I have started getting into hill shots, tree shots, idiot holes...whatever you want to call them. And I am watching my buddies with their 450's while I sit and wait most of the time. Right now I have stock bore with FMF's and a K&N. I know the pipes have to go, and I was thinking of some DMC 916's(?)

Yeah LiftedT4r those are the stealth jugs, however the specific one you selected is their drag port. More like a dune port in my opinion because they try to appease to to broad of a customer. For instance the guy that wants a full drag port and comes back because he cant just roll in to a wheelie in first gear anymore!! Any way, they are available for several strokes and port styles and all for around the same price. The only thing remotely close to the cubs on these is their tripple exhaust, thats it. VITO'S actually markets cub cylinders, and I can assure you that they wouldn't do it if they had their own copy. They only market them to the true drag guys and duners, wich in michigan there aren't as many as you'd think. That is why they developed the new jug and they have customers test these things in the trails and they work. I was gonna run them on a new build but ESR offered me a sick deal on their NEW powervalve jug. http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/oscmax/popup_image.php?pID=74&type=jpg Looks like I'll be running a shit load of stickers on my ice bike.

Yeah LiftedT4r those are the stealth jugs, however the specific one you selected is their drag port. More like a dune port in my opinion because they try to appease to to broad of a customer. For instance the guy that wants a full drag port and comes back because he cant just roll in to a wheelie in first gear anymore!! Any way, they are available for several strokes and port styles and all for around the same price. The only thing remotely close to the cubs on these is their tripple exhaust, thats it. VITO'S actually markets cub cylinders, and I can assure you that they wouldn't do it if they had their own copy. They only market them to the true drag guys and duners, wich in michigan there aren't as many as you'd think. That is why they developed the new jug and they have customers test these things in the trails and they work. I was gonna run them on a new build but ESR offered me a sick deal on their NEW powervalve jug. http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/oscmax/popup_image.php?pID=74&type=jpg Looks like I'll be running a shit load of stickers on my ice bike.

the vitos cylinders have the same type of port (exhaust) on all the strokes, its basically a drag port. if you call them they won't recommend them if your just a trail rider, just too much top end. the other thing i thought id mention is that the esr cylinder is a (old) la sleeve cylinder esr added the power valves and nice billet head.

the vitos cylinders have the same type of port (exhaust) on all the strokes, its basically a drag port. if you call them they won't recommend them if your just a trail rider, just too much top end. the other thing i thought id mention is that the esr cylinder is a (old) la sleeve cylinder esr added the power valves and nice billet head.

Depends how you pipe it,i run a fatty on my vitos 421 and its a beast in the woods IMO.

It also depends on your gearing,when I ran T-5 in the woods I geared it 13/41 vs a 15/41 I ran with gnarlys pipes