still king of drag?

2K1Banshee350

I've seen that Can-am ...Mr RPM... That things MOVES .. It's true the front tires are in the air from time the the green light hits till about a 100ft or so...ALL rear tires and wheelie bar .. track didn't have the timing system working but it was the fastest thing there besides the Motorcycle quad( 4wheelers with motorcycle engines GSXR1000 and GSXR1300 engines ). Seen him at Oaksboro in N.C 300ft drag

Yeah, I've already planned to be at Leerjak this weekend.

As far as turbo 4-strokes beating 2-strokes -anything with a turbo seems so damn inconsistent that it would be difficult to make it to the finals at a big race (I know it's been done, just seems that lots of people are just looking for that personal best e.t. and couldn' t care less about winning an actual event.) It may go out and run 3.50s one pass, 3.90s the next pass, maybe even worse on some passes. I've seen it too many times.

I agree 100%. You are absolutely correct.

The blue Raptor is 130 ish hp on e85 and boost. I dont know about the shee but it looks pretty fast.

A friend of mine runs a 660 based oem frame raptor that runs 4.2's on alky in Albany OR, but there is a ton of money and setup time in it. I'm not a four stroke guy so don't flame me I'm just adding some more info to the discussion :cheers:

• 1 year later...

fastest "track" bikes are all 4 strokes and most always have been. now they have had about a gazillion hours in set up and tuning to get to that point but..

either way $ for $ comparison the 2 stroke can and will be king of drag racing...

either way that outlander is sweet and that truck in that vid is nuts!!

For now the banshee reigns, but it will eventually fade...... Not any time soon, but the aftermarket technology is going to eventually make the efi obsticle a thing of the past and soon enough there could be multi cylinder pokers with ultra light motors and frames so it will be well beyond the capabilities of what a streetbike conversion would do. Those big KFX 700 v twins make big power, I am curious as to why no one has swapped one into a kfx450. It would be a heart breaker if a quality swap was done to factory finish. Eventually they will have the bigger cases and their 800cc rappy could then be 1000cc. Sounds far fetched, but it is only a matter of time. The two stroke is no longer the mx king, and has now lost the pikes peak reign, so I hope I have moved on to another hobby or died before it happens.

• 2 months later...

Heres a 787 Raptor with a very light (under 100lbs) jockey running a 4.0 against a 10mm cub 465cc, very close race, the 4 strokes have come along way and are a force to be recking with now days.

That bike is built right. 787, carb, override, no nitrous. He's ran in the 3.8's on that bike, I believe it was at Little Sandy?

Like as stated before, it's just a matter of time until the 4-stroke quads start running sub-3.6's. EHS Racing has a Raptor motor running in the mid 3's.

I've been amazed at what my little 75hp Raptor can run against. TQ wins races...