Bearing removal question?

bobdryerr

Ok my bearings in the swingarm where it bolts to the frame are bad. So I got it all torn down an have the new parts but I just can't get out the old ones. All that's left in there is the outer part of the bearings an I've tried searching on here an google and couldn't find anything that might help me. Any help would be awsome thanks ladies an gents.

I've tried that but there's that lip on the inside an it hits agianst that an it won't go any further.

There shouldn't be a lip on the tube that the bearings go in. Those needle bearings are encased with metal, so maybe that's what you are seeing. The bearings do not come out very easy at all, especially if they are completely worn out, or coming apart.

i just did mine. i used a 17mil socket and extention to do one side and a 19mil to do the other side.my bearings were completely destroyed with the exception of the outer housing and i had them out in 5 minutes using a good bfh

K ill try that again but get a 2lb hammer ill let everyone know how it goes

K I finally got them bugers out they where basically welded in. Took a 5lb hammer and a 19mil socket an beat the piss out of it but to find out my rear shcock is blown and I need new bushings in the bottom shock mounat an to the top part of that banana lookin thing.

Haha, the bannana looking thing is your linkage and you can rebuild it with new bearings, or buy used one. As far as your shock goes, you can pony up for an aftermarket one or call Shane and have him rebuild yours for about $100.

Bearing kit: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=banshee+linkage+bearings&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Shane at wolfpack racing: (219) 313-1424

just did mine for the 1st time....

dremel with small grinding stone. carefully grind the needle bearing housing in a straight line (in and out of the swingarm) until it cuts through. once the housing is split a bit, it will pry out with a screwdriver. careful not to grind too deep and mess up your swingarm!