How do you get carbon off the top of pistons?

I am sure this has been asked about 100 times but i never have much luck with the search results. I have tried aircraft remover and it is taking it off but barely.

SOS pads.

Quit complaining and put the motor back together :thumbsup: they make these little wire wheel type things that are like plastic with abrasive in them they have.

http://base.google.com/base/a/4619337/D18223179295263528865

I use these to clean up cylinder heads and clean head gasket material off of alum blocks and the heads they work good and dont eat the aluminum unless you work it too hard/long

I got mine for like 10 bucks so dont buy that kit

What kinda of premix are you running and how much? Maby try some break cleaner.

Agreed .. must be running awful rich if the carbon build up is a problem.. if you can still read the numbers on the top of the piston I wouldn't get too excited about cleaning them up.. perhaps go down a main jet size though..

do not use a wire wheel!!! you will imbed steel shavings in the piston crown only to be released later by piston wash and score the walls after it works its way into the the skirt.

as said above...don't worry about that shit, It will only return after a tank of fuel. Drop a jet size and re-tune. If it runs good then you should only have about a fingernail sized clean spot next to each transfer port. The rest SHOULD be black with carbon...its NORMAL