My New 95 Banshee

I picked this baby up about 3 weeks ago for 2 grand. I bought it from a guy I went to highschool with, who had bought it brand new in 95. This thing was 100% stock, never been apart, still has original tires, looks like it was barely ridden and always garage kept.

I took it to Silver Lake once so far, since then I put my Rockets on it and rejetted, I need to lean it back out some, but man this thing is nice.

Even though it's jetted rich, with these pipes it feels like no bottom was lost, the mid to top however is awesome !

I do need to finish trimming the front fenders, so I can bolt them back into place, and trim the lower frame tabs for the stock pipes.

For more pics Click Me !!!

1995BansheeRocketPipes003.jpg

1995BansheeRocketPipes006.jpg

Yeah, I'm not the hugest fan of the colors / graphics either, but what really had me sold was the fact that thing was a virgin machine, nothing has been apart til I bought it. It still has the original tires with atleast 70 -75% tread, chain / sprockets, brake pads.

Coming from a mechanic's stand point, it is a rare occasion to find a 14 yr old machine that never has been molested.

Mike

I'd strip the graphic's and chop the ears off. Those rockets look nice on it bet they pull great up top. Looks like the inside of your knee's aren't gonna like you very much.

In the pics it looks more blue, but actually it's purple and yellow, LOL. I don't give a shit though :biggrin:

As silly as this may sound, I have rode it several times with khaki shorts on, just need to keep the legs out a bit. On the hardpack road that I tested it on it would pull real nice power wheelies in 4th gear and I'm sure in 5th with a good tug on the bars, while in a sitting position.

I've been busy trying to get a bunch of landscape work done around the house, so really haven't had the time to fuck with the jetting anymore yet, but I think if I lean it out some as suggested to me by some fellow HQ'ers that it will improve things even more so.

As of right now pilots are 30's mains are 330's drilled airbox with toomey filter.

I also haven't had the time to trim the front fenders out yet and yes I like full fendered Banshee's, so it will only be trimmed just enough to clear the pipes, but as of now they have not melted at all or has scratched the pipes. ( the pipes were used, they do have some scratches, very minor rust, and a couple real small dings )

Thanks for all the response everyone !!!!

In the pics it looks more blue, but actually it's purple and yellow, LOL. I don't give a shit though :biggrin:

As silly as this may sound, I have rode it several times with khaki shorts on, just need to keep the legs out a bit. On the hardpack road that I tested it on it would pull real nice power wheelies in 4th gear and I'm sure in 5th with a good tug on the bars, while in a sitting position.

I've been busy trying to get a bunch of landscape work done around the house, so really haven't had the time to fuck with the jetting anymore yet, but I think if I lean it out some as suggested to me by some fellow HQ'ers that it will improve things even more so.

As of right now pilots are 30's mains are 330's drilled airbox with toomey filter.

I also haven't had the time to trim the front fenders out yet and yes I like full fendered Banshee's, so it will only be trimmed just enough to clear the pipes, but as of now they have not melted at all or has scratched the pipes. ( the pipes were used, they do have some scratches, very minor rust, and a couple real small dings )

Thanks for all the response everyone !!!!

sweet man!

my very first banshee was the same 95 I got in 96 with the purple n yellow, sept my rims were yellow.