Smoking So Much !

Hello there...

I have a stock yamaha banshee, i take it out today for little ride, choked and started good, i start riding everything is good, power is perfect, but when i hit the throttle it smokes white, the more i hit the more it smokes... i was riding about 5 minutes doing some wheelies ... etc then i lost power!!

here's what i did:

1. removed old plugs and putted new NGK's

2. removed carbs and cleaned them

3. checked the compression very good

BUT !! its still smokes white so much so much !! never seen this before even when it idling, only the right side is smoking...

the fuel i am using is little old, i mixed it month ago...

You need a crank seal kit, you can get them from many places if i have to do seals i just replace both but the one that is bad is the one in the red box you should replace that one AND the one on the stator side just to be safe plus a few more bucks is good insurance. Burning oil is one thing, burning pistons is another.

And unless you want to inspect other things, which if its the first time this motor has been apart I would, you can cheat and leave the top end on and split the cases upside down and just lift the crank enough to get the seals on and off and BTW its easier to get that nut off before you slit the cases.

Banshee_crank.JPG

You need a crank seal kit, you can get them from many places if i have to do seals i just replace both but the one that is bad is the one in the red box you should replace that one AND the one on the stator side just to be safe plus a few more bucks is good insurance. Burning oil is one thing, burning pistons is another.

And unless you want to inspect other things, which if its the first time this motor has been apart I would, you can cheat and leave the top end on and split the cases upside down and just lift the crank enough to get the seals on and off and BTW its easier to get that nut off before you slit the cases.

thank you for the help ... i used new mixed oil/fuel and still have the same problem, is there a way to be sure its the crank seals before tearing it down? and do i need to change the motor gaskets ? or its ok to use the old one if its in good condition... and how much it will cost me.. im going to do it by myself...

Edited by GhostRider