DMC 916's

92 Z71

ATCs were never outlawed...

It was the CPSC, and three-wheelers were never banned or outlawed by the CPSC. The manufacturers all agreed to and signed the "Consent Decree" which stated that production would cease for ten years. When the decree expired, the lack of a market for three-wheelers and the probability of lawsuits was the final nail in the coffin.

The children's lead paint bill last year had a line that banned three-wheeled vehicles from production. If that bill passed and was signed into law with that provision, I stand corrected: three-wheeled vehicles are indeed banned from production...

Congress did what the CPSC could not do for 20+ years...

Let's move on and continue with the original topic! :beer:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I talked to my rep at DMC. They will be ready to ship the pipes to me by next Wednesday the 20th.

Here is what is left of the list. THANK YOU to all that stayed in this. I had a few drop out, but thats ok., so if a late comer would like to jump in at the last minute there are extra pipes available. But don't ask me about them after they have shipped, because it will be too late.

Almost done! Just a few more days to go.

To the members that paid a down payment, I will be sending the remaining balance due invoice to you shortly. Pipes completely paid for, I will box up, and ship out ASAP.

2twin350's....2 sets.....PAID

4stroker.......1 set....pm sent

ny98banshee 350......1 set.........$400 Pre-Payment sent

boneyardbanshee. .....1 set ......$400 pre-payment sent

Don The local guy......1 set........PAID

Angelse68cal........1 Set.......PAID

BasicBajaX.....1 set........$400 pre-payment

Dale (local guy)....1 set.......PAID

R.Rollins 1 set & spark arrester ......PAID in full

isrsan .......1 set ...................PAID in full

Bansheeboyo....1 set.........Paid $400 Pre-Payment

Edited by ATC250Rchick

:down: :ermm:

Nobody from Advantage alerted me of a price change.

The cheapest these were going to be available was from another dealer for $538.00.

I had the BHQ discount below that price.

They must have decided to change the price to $521.96 just recently.

It also states that, it is a pre order through them.Maybe they are offering a discount for pre ordering?

I went to their shiping policy page.

Keep in mind they DO charge shipping, which will probably bring the over all price up to $550 from them.

I will contact them Monday and recheck the pricing and get back to you guys.

Like I said, this is news to me.

2twin350's....2 sets.....PAID

ny98banshee 350......1 set.........$400 Pre-Payment sent

boneyardbanshee. .....1 set ......$400 pre-payment sent

Don The local guy......1 set........PAID

Angelse68cal........1 Set......PAID

BasicBajaX.....1 set........$400 pre-payment

Dale (local guy)....1 set.......PAID

R.Rollins 1 set & spark arrester ......PAID in full

isrsan .......1 set ...................PAID in full

Bansheeboyo....1 set.........Paid $400 Pre-Payment

The pipes are on their way to me. I will update this thread with pics, when they come in.

I have also sent invoices to those who have a balance.

....And, I asked about the price on the link a few posts above this. That was a short sale, and they are now back to retail price.

I just talked to them at DMC and he is telling me 2-3 weeks until they are ready to ship.

I am with you all if they are not in my hands by the 1st of June I am gonna have to request a refund.

Also i mentioned to the sales guy that a larger order was suppose to be shipped to Ohio and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.

When I told him like 10 or so sets he was like wow I am not sure we even have that many done. So I dont know.

I don't know if Tammy or Twin want to give them a call and refresh them as to how many are needed.

As for me This is kinda dumb..... I am like 5 min from DMC and I asked If mine could be picked up and he told me know if that was the case i would have to pay like 100 bucks in TAX...... which I thought was a bunch of BS. So who knows. Last time I talked to them 3 or so weeks ago they said 2-3 weeks. Also i asked if they where with the Chromer and the guy said he was not sure what stage of production they were in.

So JUNE 01 is my dead line.wow is all i can say,,,im not even that interested in these pipes but have been following this thread because i just knew some bs was gonna happen,,,lol. and apparently it has,,,,,and for two weeks you dont have time to get on the computer one time????? i worked 12 hours a day plus and have alot of other shit going on and i still take some time out to atleast get on the computer,,,and if i founded a deal like this i would for sure make time no matter what,,,,anyone tell me if im wrong

The group order from Ohio?....My company name is Cosmic Quads.

As all companies, we are assigned a Rep from Advantage, and unless you talk to MY rep, some random guy may not know what is going on with MY order. Advantage is a ruputable company, and they will fill the order. I would like to remind all of you, that you knew they were being made when you put your name on the list. These are not just hanging in stock,,,they are being made.

The Alien pipes are finished, so the 916's will follow shortly (yes, they made both, at the same time). Thats over 100 sets of pipes. And don't forget, this company makes all kinds of stuff. I know they are focusing on the new 4 stroke market. Understand, they are not going to drop all their man power from the best selling market right now, to punch out 2 stroke pipes for a machine that is no longer built.

The wait is longer than I wanted too, but I am being patient.

I don't get on this forum all that often to update this thread everyday. I just want this to be done, and install my pipes too.

We are this close, I sure as hell am not going to back out. I want my pipes.

Most of the delay, is that they had to get a Banhsee in there, to redesign the silencer mounts. The first gen. silencer mounts, always broke at the mounting area. These will be stronger, and still retain the same sound. Once they came up with the design, they had to RETOOL the machine, that presses the silencers...this is not a 5 minute process.

We have done a lot of group order like this. And they all take time. They are being redesigned. I don't think Advantage is going to screw any of us. With all of my past group orders....I have never seen people this impatient before.

Just wait till Banshee stuff gets harder to find (that day will come). You guys haven't seen it yet, but eventually there will come a time, that even the most common part for a Banshee, you will have to wait for. Once the market slows down, they take a part out of regular production, and focus on things that sell day in and day out. Then you will have to wait until there is 25 people or so, interested in the same part as you, to see them run a production line of it again.

For example: You will eventually see this with Maier plastic, Cool Heads, Clutch Bakets, radiators & etc. You may not believe me now, but 5 years down the road, you will see what I am talking about. It's the same reason you cannot walk into the Chevy dealership, and buy a part for your 74 Monte Carlo. Because there is not much call for it anymore.

Just one more example: ESR...a huge company. Has now dropped production on ATC 5 pipes. You now have to wait till 10 people want a set, before they will make them....it is coming for the shee too.

I do a lot for the 3 wheeler community, and they are thankful, that parts are being made for their vintage machines.

I can understand the frustration, but good things come to those who wait, and your patience will pay off.

i will be dead be fore they stop making banshee parts,,,,,,,

Maybe some of you took what I said about parts not being made for the Banshee later down the road the wrong way.

Eventually, Yamaha will phase out Hard part Productions. The aftermarket will pick up some of those pieces and remake them as long as it is profitable.

Once those products stop moving, you will have to wait for a minimum order to get a production run again.

Many of you have never tried to RESTORE a Threewheeler to OEM, so I guess you wouldnt understand what I am talkin about.

So lets look at the TRX 250R..No secret about those machines.

OEM fenders are not available.Unless you are lucky enough to find NOS that is left on some shelf somewhere, that will probably run you 800 bucks to get.

Many of the transmission internals have been discountinued by Honda. And my experience is that Honda is one of the better companies for keeping parts in production.But yet they have lready phased out numerous parts for the TRX.

The seats have been discontinued in stock OEM look. Yeah you can get a new Honda seat, but it is plain black or red with no factory logos on them like back in the day. Even though they still make a replacement seat, it isnt true to production. The new seats only come in 88-89 hi foam profile. You cant get the lower foam that was found on the 86-87 TRX.

How about the infamous 89 TRX Key switch..Yes you see one bounce on EBAY from time to time, at the tune of 200 bucks.

You could argue this is just from a OEM restoration point of view and that is fine. But when Honda quits making hard parts, you are left with what aftermarket guys will produce, or what you can find used. Eventually there will be parts shortages.Once you have lost Manufacture support, it takes a HUGE chunk of parts availability away. Wheter from Honda Yamaha, or Suzuki.

Call any one of them and try to get Parts for a Tri-Z, Lt 250R, Lt 500R TRX 250r. You will find that many have been discontinued. Eventually the Banshee will follow suit.

In a sense, the Banshee has been banned from production becuase it is a 2 stroke.Thier excuse...(emissions). So to even compare it with the old trikes being banned is true to a sense. Eventually the Govt will see that the production ban isnt enough, and will implement laws and rules about racing or riding 2 strokes. Especially on public lands where they make the rules.

You will see a day, when a company wants to run 10 sets minimum of a certain color plastic, or pipes for the Banshee too.

Wheter you believe me or not, you will see it.

If your really feel that parts will be available for the shee in abundance for the next 20-30 years, then great. No one can predict the future. But one can reflect on history and see that parts are starting to dry up. We have already started stock piling parts for the future so we can preserve the ride and looks of the Banshee.

That is one thing of building trikes for the last 6 years has taught us. You get what you can get now, cuase many times you just can't find it available in 10 seconds. It takes weeks of waiting and searching to find what you want or need.

wow is all i can say,,,im not even that interested in these pipes but have been following this thread because i just knew some bs was gonna happen,,,lol. and apparently it has,,,,,and for two weeks you dont have time to get on the computer one time????? i worked 12 hours a day plus and have alot of other shit going on and i still take some time out to atleast get on the computer,,,and if i founded a deal like this i would for sure make time no matter what,,,,anyone tell me if im wrong
Nice way to fuck up a guys post :down:

So let me get this straight..."You Followed this thread with no interest in the pipes"

and then call me out to try to make me look bad...But this thread was started in February, but yet you have only been a member Since April? WTF? Did you join just to post in this thread?

Since you added this to Angelse68cal's original post when you tried to quote him.....

Let me fix this for you.

To follow a thread, just waiting for BS to happen, is rediculous. Especially when YOU (Shawn941) are not even involved with the order. Not to mention you are trying to make BS with a thread, thats sole purpose was to get a discount for members and secure their pipes when they were willing to step up, and go with a pre-order.

To top it off, you can't even figure out how to quote someone on a forum that YOU can find time to frequent more often then me.

It's crap like this, that makes a situation already hard, even harder. Now....lets read what Angelse68cal ACTUALLY posted. We don't want members to be confused with your fucked up quote that this guy is angry with the deal. Because with your "quote" you made it sound like he was pissed with me or the company, and he is not. He is actually one of the few guys that haven't bitched at all.

Here is what he originally wrote, before you added to it......

I just talked to them at DMC and he is telling me 2-3 weeks until they are ready to ship.

I am with you all if they are not in my hands by the 1st of June I am gonna have to request a refund.

Also i mentioned to the sales guy that a larger order was suppose to be shipped to Ohio and he didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.

When I told him like 10 or so sets he was like wow I am not sure we even have that many done. So I dont know.

I don't know if Tammy or Twin want to give them a call and refresh them as to how many are needed.

As for me This is kinda dumb..... I am like 5 min from DMC and I asked If mine could be picked up and he told me know if that was the case i would have to pay like 100 bucks in TAX...... which I thought was a bunch of BS. So who knows. Last time I talked to them 3 or so weeks ago they said 2-3 weeks. Also i asked if they where with the Chromer and the guy said he was not sure what stage of production they were in.

So JUNE 01 is my dead line.

And what you added to his post....

wow is all i can say,,,im not even that interested in these pipes but have been following this thread because i just knew some bs was gonna happen,,,lol. and apparently it has,,,,,and for two weeks you dont have time to get on the computer one time????? i worked 12 hours a day plus and have alot of other shit going on and i still take some time out to atleast get on the computer,,,and if i founded a deal like this i would for sure make time no matter what,,,,anyone tell me if im wrong

^^^^^ Wow, I must be pretty smart. I figured out how to quote on a forum I don't have time to frequent everyday. If you weren't involved from the beginning, you shouldn't have gotten involved at all.

Edited by ATC250Rchick

I dont want to get involved at this one and believe me i dont even know ATC250Rchick but believe me waiting on anything thats hard to find (or even reproduced in this case) is all you can do.

I know how hard it is when you paid for something and it doesnt show in time.

I was lucky enough because i bought one used set of these pipes just some weeks ago this mass order took place and thats the only reason i didnt get myself one.

I live in Greece and if you can imagine just a bit what we are facing here when it comes to waiting for parts, you couldnt even believe me.

I at the moment am waiting for two diferent orders which are stuck on the custom as we speak, the first one for more than 2 months (64 days) and the second one about 23 days.

A friend of mine has his axle waiting on customs for his KTM for 3 whole months.

Concerning 3wheelers as mentioned be fore just forget it. There are more than 20 tecates here in Greece that nobody wants to get through what I and many other people faced before.

Transportation costs is a diferent isue.

You know how bad it sounds when for a 300$ part you have to pay another 90 for the shiping costs?

I dont wan to be a dick, take anybody's side here but believe me when i say that you are lucky that you have the chance to get the DMC 916s even cheaper i mean it with every single word and it worths waiting even another month.

I am just waiting on my invoice as to where to send my balance and I will be happy with my 916's and a discount...What are peoples opinions on running these pipes on a 421 unported cub engine? I am not looking for any kind of drag setup but was wondering if you can get a cub ported more for a dune/trail setup while running these pipes....